When vulvitis occurs in women and girls, timely treatment and well-chosen medicines are the key to preventing complications. For external genital organs, it is normal to have permanent exposure to traumatic agents. Let's talk about what a vulvitis is and what the symptoms of the disease look like. Under this pathology refers to inflammatory processes affecting the external reproductive organs - in particular, the clitoris and labia, vaginal vestibule and hymen.
Vulvitis in women is a frequent phenomenon in gynecology, and the severity of the symptoms is not too pronounced, which contributes to the development of complications against the background of late diagnosis and lack of treatment. Another danger is the transition of the acute to the chronic, it is even more difficult to get rid of this form of pathology.
Why does the disease develop
The pathology usually affects the external organs, but the process is rarely an independent phenomenon — vulvovaginitis that affects the initial vaginal regions is much more often diagnosed. Not only adults have to worry about the disease, since acute vulvitis and its chronic form can be diagnosed in children against the background of an imperfect immune system and anatomical structure. The problem may lie in the numerous vaginal folds and the thin mucous layer that is subject to damage.
The causes of vulvitis are quite diverse, but there are also major ones that should be considered in the first place:
- Problems with personal hygiene, especially during menstruation.
- Improperly chosen means for maintaining intimate hygiene in women.
- Wearing close linen made of synthetic fabrics.
- The use of flavored pads, the use of tampons of poor quality materials.
- Frequent causes of vulvitis are mechanical microtraumas of the mucous layer during rough or excessively active sexual contact, injuries can be caused by improper underwear.
- Vulvitis may develop due to excessive sweating.
- Symptoms of vulvitis in women can be triggered by prolonged irritation caused by secretions of the mucous layer of the vulva.
- The reason for the formation of genital diseases can be a prolonged use of hormonal drugs, antimicrobial drugs used to treat any other pathology.
- The reason for the formation of the disease may include radiation therapy.
- Any disease can be a contributing factor - diabetes, the presence of hypovitaminosis, overweight, leukemia and impaired ovarian function.
- Allergic reactions.
- The presence of helminths.
- The appearance in the intestine or urinary tract fistula.
For women, the presence of these causes becomes dangerous when an infection joins them. An imbalance of microflora leads to inflammation when opportunistic microorganisms begin to be activated under the influence of certain factors. Most often, inflammation causes staphylococci and streptococci, Candida fungi and E. coli, other microorganisms.
Pathogenic microflora - gonococci, trichomonas or chlamydia, and other pathogens may also be to blame for the formation of female inflammations.
Proven fact. The development of the female pathology in question is observed with impaired integrity of the mucous layers and deterioration of the immunity.
Classification of the disease and its symptoms
When women have vulvitis, symptoms and treatment development largely depend on the classification of the pathology. When considering this disease, the separation can be carried out in accordance with the developmental mechanism, when the primary or secondary form of the disease is determined. Primary vulvitis is accompanied by isolated inflammatory processes in the external organs, peculiar to a girl or woman in the period of postmenopause. A secondary disease develops due to a decrease in the amount of estrogen that the female body produces. Due to the sharply reduced amount of discharge, an atrophic vulvitis is formed, characterized by thinning, drying of the mucous layers. Against the background of atrophy, the mucosa is damaged quite easily, which provokes infection and inflammation.
A healthy woman of reproductive age can not be afraid of infection, because the mucous layer of the vulva due to the natural hormonal background, lactic acid bacteria and acidic pH is resistant to infectious pathogens. Accordingly, the appearance of symptoms of primary vulvitis is quite rare. In general, in the child-bearing age, women's diseases are secondary diseases as a result of inflammation - colpitis or endocervicitis. In accordance with the nature of the course of the disease can be:
- Subacute or acute, developing very quickly and occurring for seven days with pronounced manifestations,
- Chronic, the development of which contributes to the missing or illiterately chosen treatment. Chronic gynecological pathologies last for years, accompanied by remissions with subsequent exacerbations. In this case, at rest, the symptoms of the chronic form may not appear.
- The atrophic form is formed during menopause, overweight and sugar disease can serve as provoking factors.
The considered gynecological problem differs in the nature of the pathogen, the inflammation of the vulva can be bacterial or candidal. Depending on the changes affecting the mucous layer, the disease may be peptic, atrophic or adhesive. With regard to the symptoms of vulvitis in women, they are quite clearly presented in the table and may differ somewhat depending on the form of pathology:
Almost all forms of the disease under consideration are accompanied by itching, burning and redness. The lips of the labia or clitoris may increase, the usual leaching may cause problems. Sometimes in women with the development of a chronic process, headaches become symptoms, they are associated with general weakness and malaise.
Another characteristic feature that accompanies subacute and chronic vulvitis is whites of varying consistency and color. If E. coli becomes the cause of this gynecological problem, the unpleasant-smelling discharge becomes yellow-green. The presence of staphylococcus provokes the appearance of thick white-yellow whiter, with a gynecological lesion fungi possible white plaque on the mucous layers.
Diagnostic measures and principles of therapy
Competent treatment should be based on a confirmed diagnosis. Accordingly, when suspicious signs appear, the woman needs to see a gynecologist, who, in addition to a visual inspection, will prescribe certain tests. The doctor collects anamnesis, checks for the presence of other gynecological diseases that can cause the development of the inflammatory process. Inspection using a magnifying glass allows you to assess the condition of the organs and find the inflamed areas and bubbles filled with fluid.
Modern gynecology in the case of the formation of the disease in question involves carrying out not only vaginal, but also rectal or bi-manual research. Such diagnostics in the diagnosis is characterized by the selection of a smear for cytology in order to determine malignant cells. If necessary, vulvoscopy may be prescribed. The analysis of feces allows you to identify helminths in the body.
Treatment of vulvitis in women primarily involves the elimination of the pathogen that provoked the development of the disease. This is followed by the treatment of the inflammatory process, for which special preparations are selected. It will be necessary to remove every chronic background disease that provokes the formation of the problem in question. In a word, only complex therapy can cure this female disease completely. There are a number of recommendations on how to treat vulvitis with the greatest therapeutic effect:
- Pathology, accompanied by acute inflammation and other pronounced symptoms, requires adherence to bed rest. Additionally, during treatment it is necessary to abandon sexual contact.
- For the treatment of vulvitis, antimicrobial medication is mandatory. They are prescribed in accordance with the female results of bacteriological seeding.
- With the appearance of severe itching, burning or soreness, anesthetics and painkillers are used, physiotherapy methods are used - UV or electrophoresis.
- If an allergic form of the disease occurs, it is treated with antihistamines. Also, therapeutic measures suggest the appointment of a diet with the abolition of spicy dishes, smoked and pickled foods, sweets and desserts.
- In order to strengthen the immune system take immunostimulants and vitamin complexes.
- In parallel, it is necessary to treat diseases that contribute to the formation of vulvovaginitis.
- Topical treatment for inflammation involves ointments for vulvitis, creams, compresses and cold lotions, baths and treatment of foci with antiseptic preparations.
Important. Do not refuse and treatment of vulvitis at home using recipes of traditional medicine. In this case, it is necessary to discuss each such remedy with your doctor.
The use of medicinal and folk remedies
Now in more detail about how the appearance of vulvitis to treat the disease at home with the use of ointments, creams, antimicrobial agents and painkillers. Of the antibiotics, Ceftriaxone, Metronidazole, Ornidazole or antimicrobial agents with a wide range of effects are most often prescribed. Favorable patient reviews also mention Trihopol and Terzhinan.
In addition to tablets, antimicrobial agents in demand are drugs in the form of suppositories; MacMiror, Hexicon or Terzhinan are among the most popular. Suppositories are recommended to be introduced into the vagina before a night rest, the duration of use is from 7 to 10 days.
It is possible to cure vulvitis with antiseptic solutions and ointments, many feedback from victims indicates their effectiveness. Such drugs help relieve puffiness, eliminate discomfort and itching. Apply Miramistin, Hexicon, Betadine, Chlorhexedine and other means. In the case of an allergic form of the disease, Loratadine, Suprastin or Tavegil is a popular preparation for relieving itching. To improve the immunity using Viferon, Cycloferon and Genferon.
Separate consideration for the treatment of vulvitis deserve ointments, creams and gels. Many patients cured the disease, using only ointment and other local means, while maintaining bed rest. The main advantage of such therapy is a local effect directly on the infectious focus. At the same time, local medicine does not affect other organs, does not cause dysbiosis and other complications. The drug used may be anesthetic, antifungal, antiseptic, the choice of means depends on the etiology of the disease. Universal and the most popular is the ointment from vulvitis Betadine, the active ingredient in it - Povidone-iodine. The drug has a positive effect on viral, bacterial and fungal infections and is effective in the case of non-specific inflammation.
Another popular ointment with which the disease is treated is Hexicon. The drug affects numerous microorganisms, excluding fungi, viruses and bacteria that are resistant to acidic environments. Gels and creams with anti-mycotic properties include Pimafucin, Ifenek, Candide, and Lomexin. Zovirax is used against viral pathogens, and among the antimicrobial gels Dalacin and Clindamycin are most in demand.
Now about how to cure pathology, using folk recipes. Home treatment is most often based on the intake of sedentary baths, washing the external organs with plant decoction, douching. Consider how to treat pathology:
- Chamomile trays are effective - two large spoons of crushed chamomile are added to one liter of boiled liquid, the medium is brought to a boil, infused for 30 minutes and filtered before use.
- Hypericum is used as a washing liquid - two large spoons of the plant are steamed in half a liter of boiling water, covered with a lid and boiled on a low heat for another five minutes, then cooled and filtered.
- For douching, mix half a large spoonful of chopped oak bark with the same amount of chamomile color, add one and a half tablespoons of nettle and two large spoons of bird mountaineer. The mixture is steamed in one liter of boiled water, infused and filtered, used twice a day, spreading two large spoons of the product in a liter of preheated water.
The best way to do without treatment is to prevent the development of the disease. To this end, it is recommended to revise the means of intimate hygiene, strengthen the immune system, get rid of excess weight and not necessarily ignore the preventive visit to the gynecological office.
The main thing is to start treatment in time.
Gynecologists note that most often vulvitis occurs in women who have an increased sensitivity of the mucous membrane of the vulva and vagina. This disease is provoked by various bacteria, including staphylococci, streptococci, trichomonads, gonococci, E. coli, viruses, chlamydia.
Often this ailment occurs due to improper hygiene of intimate organs, wearing too thick synthetic underwear, untimely replacement of daily pads and hygiene during menstruation. Also, the disease can be provoked by long-term use of antibiotics, injury or severe scratching of the genital organs.
If there are such signs of vulvitis, you should consult a doctor. The disease can be expressed in acute or chronic forms. Often found gonorrheal vulvitis. During the visit, the specialist will conduct a survey, assign a test delivery and ultimately determine how to treat the disease. As a rule, therapy with vulvitis involves taking antibiotics, vaginal suppositories and other drugs. At the same time, doctors often recommend combining treatment with medications and herbal remedies. Tightening a visit to the doctor is not worth it, because vulvitis is fraught with its complications. It can provoke chronic cystitis, inflammation of the uterus and appendages, as well as other diseases.
Chamomile and oak bark will relieve inflammation
Today, there are many ways to get rid of vulvitis at home. First of all, a woman needs to drink plenty of fluids, at least two liters per day. In this case, due to frequent urination, the concentration of harmful microorganisms in the body will be less, and the inflammatory process will subside. It is best to drink compotes, fruit drinks, extracts of berries that are as rich in vitamins as possible, in particular cranberries, lingonberries, currants, raspberries.
Secondly, experts advise at home to follow a diet. Refuse fatty, salty foods. Do not eat a lot of sweets and smoked meats. It is also strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
Thirdly, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the rules of personal hygiene. The linen should be from natural fabrics, well ironed by a hot iron, so that under the influence of steam all bacteria and microbes would die. It is important to observe, if there is such an opportunity, and bed rest, to refrain from sexual intercourse. By the way, if a specialist has determined that the causative agent of an infection that is sexually transmitted has become the cause of vulvitis, then the partner also needs to undergo antibiotic treatment.
A woman should be washed several times a day and gently with a clean towel to blot until the genitals dry out.
Herbal medicine is a favorite in the treatment of this disease. The methods are simple and require a woman to follow the rules and a little effort. Let's learn about ways to get rid of vulvitis with herbs more details:
- A great way is to use for washing not an ordinary intimate soap, but infusions of medicinal herbs, for example, chamomile, sage, and St. John's wort. Take a tablespoon of any herb or their mixture, pour 500 ml of boiling water, let it infuse for half an hour. And after 20 minutes you can begin hygiene.
- For hygiene of the genital organs, a weak solution of potassium permanganate is perfect. In a liter of warm water pour on the tip of a teaspoon dark purple powder and dissolve them completely. Then just wash up with this healing water.
- It is possible to prepare an antiseptic solution for washing away on the basis of furatsilina. Take three tablets of the drug, razmolkite them with a knife and pour in a liter jar of warm water.
- They will also help to cope with inflammation, reduce itching and improve the psychological state of a sick woman's bath based on medicinal herbs: chamomile, sage, bark of oaks. Возьмите 50 граммов смеси трав, залейте 3-мя литрами кипятка, прокипятите и дайте настояться. Важно, чтобы вода в ванне не была слишком горячей, поскольку это будет раздражать половые органы и усиливать зуд.
- При вульвите показано спринцевание настоем календулы. Возьмите столовую ложку листков травы, запарьте 100 мл горячей воды. Поставьте на водяную баню — пускай настоится в течение получаса. И можете делать процедуру спринцевания. Remember that before that you should take a shower.
Please note that self-treatment with any popular method can cause aggravation of the disease. Therefore, before applying any of the recipes, consult with the gynecologist or herbal medicine. It is a specialist, given your individual characteristics and the presence of allergies, will select for you the most effective methods.
Do not forget that any disease, including vulvitis, can be prevented. To do this, you must strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene, lead a proper sex life, wear high-quality underwear, be attentive to treatment with antibiotics.
Colpitis is an inflammatory disease of the mucous membranes of the female genital organs. The onset of the disease begins on the background of contact with mucous secretions from the cervix infected with pathogens. Predisposing factors for colpitis are non-compliance with hygiene measures common chronic diseases of the genitourinary system, impaired ovarian function. Other causes of the disease can be various chronic inflammatory infectious processes, injuries of the genital organs (mechanical, thermal, chemical), uncontrolled use of medicines (in particular antibacterial drugs), infectious diseases, lowered vaginal walls.
The causative agent of inflammatory processes in the soft tissues of the female genital organs can be one of the following pathogenic microbes: staphylococcal, trichomonas, intestinal, gonococcal, streptococcal infections, chlamydia, and much more. To clarify the cause of this disease, it is necessary to undergo bacteriological laboratory research.
Common symptoms of colpitis: profusely purulent-mucous whites of yellow, yellow-green or green color, with an unpleasant smell, painful sensations in the lower body of the woman.
How intense all the signs of this disease will be: lower abdominal pain, corrosive discharge, general malaise, depends on which bacterium became the causative agent of obesity, immunity and the body's ability to resist. There are cases when the only complaint of the patient is discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Trichomonas colpitis can be characterized by very intense secretions of frothy nature from the genital organs, accompanied by itching, pain and other unpleasant sensations.
Fungal (mycotic) colpitis occurs due to infection of the genital organs with a fungal infection (yeast fungus). Symptoms of the disease are manifested in the form of itching, burning, purulent discharge and unpleasant sensations in the urogenital system. It is possible to cure the disease and get rid of the symptoms by lubricating the mucous membrane of the genital organs with a one-percent solution of brilliant green every day, at least once a day. It is possible to recover from fungal obesity by injecting a tampon moistened with borax in glycerin. The swab is placed in the vagina for eight hours once. You can be treated with douching: 1) chamomile tincture, 2) purified soda, diluted with boiled warm water, 3) oak bark tincture, 4) sage tincture, 5) celandine tinctures and St. John's wort.
The inflammatory process that affects the vulva and vagina simultaneously. This disease is in most cases observed in girls, less often in adult women. The cause of vulvovaginitis can be a failure to comply with hygienic measures of the urogenital system, vaginal injuries, allergic reactions to harmful substances, exudative diathesis.
Symptoms of vulvovaginitis disease can manifest as itching and burning in the vaginal area, with copious secretions. Bacterial vulvovaginitis is not accompanied by strong secretions. If the disease becomes chronic, externally, the inflammation decreases. The disease is accompanied by serous-purulent discharge. To prevent vulvovaginitis in girls, it is necessary to follow the rules of hygiene for the genitourinary system, strengthen the immune system, engage in the treatment of chronic infections. When the first signs of vulvovaginitis appear, it is best to immediately contact a specialist to make a correct diagnosis and prescription of treatment.
Women in old age often face the diagnosis of colpitis, due to the extinction of the functions of the genitals. The sheath of the vaginal mucosa is thinned and exposed to various pathogens. This disease in medicine is called senile colpitis. Purulent discharge with an admixture of blood can be evidence of a more serious disease that requires immediate contact with a gynecologist.
Prevention of colpitis: To avoid the occurrence of this serious disease, it is necessary to take care of personal hygiene, protection, wearing quality underwear made from natural materials. Patients with this diagnosis should be observed in the antenatal clinic.
Folk recipes for the treatment of vylvita
To quickly get rid of the disease, you need to know what should be directed treatment of vulvitis at home. It is most effective to use traditional medicine for prophylaxis and therapy in the early stages. It is also justified to use these methods as an auxiliary treatment in acute or chronic history.
You should fight with the following symptoms:
- Causeless burning or itching.
- Pain or cramps when urinating.
- Abundant discharge unusual texture with an unpleasant smell.
- Temperature may rise.
- The appearance of weakness, general fatigue.
All this brings considerable discomfort and greatly hinders the woman in everyday life. Therefore, you should use all available methods that can overcome vulvitis. In women, treatment with vulvitis folk remedies is often not inferior to the effectiveness of drug therapy.
The most famous recipes for the treatment of disease:
- Oak bark is quite widely used. You need to take 2-3 tablespoons of crushed bark, fill it with two liters of water and boil for 10-15 minutes. Then allow the solution to cool, but not hard, so that the cold liquid does not harm the genitals.
- Chamomile also helps fairly well with vulvitis. The broth is prepared for 10 minutes at the rate of 1 tbsp. spoon flowers on 1 liter of water. Used for baths or douching at least three to four times a day.
- Another popular treatment for vulvitis is the collection of oak bark, chamomile, knotweed and nettle. Boil it is not necessary, you can simply pour boiling water and let it brew.
If, after several days of active therapy with folk remedies, the disease does not go away, then you should consult a doctor. Perhaps the cause of the disease is much deeper, or secondary infection has joined the inflammation, complications have arisen. In this case, drug therapy can not be avoided to eliminate the vulvitis. Treatment with folk remedies and methods will not be superfluous even with the introduction of conservative medicine.
How to treat vulvitis at home?
This ailment should be taken very seriously. Treatment should be comprehensive. Therefore, you should pay attention to the following activities:
- Bed rest during the acute period of the disease will help to avoid additional irritation and will contribute to a quick recovery.
- Hypoallergenic diet, which excludes the use of spicy, salty, very sweet foods. This will reduce itching and discomfort.
- Careful hygiene of the genitals should be carried out at least 4-5 times a day. It is advisable to take boiled water, and to wipe very carefully, so as not to injure the skin.
- Special baths for vulvitis, lotions using herbal decoctions and tinctures will help reduce inflammation.
- Lubrication of the vulva with sea buckthorn or olive oil will reduce itching, swelling and redness.
- Eating foods rich in vitamins will strengthen the immune system, speed up recovery and reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease.
In addition to local therapy, it is recommended to use inside some of the remedies. The most effective should include a decoction of hypericum and flowers of viburnum. It is also recommended to use fresh juice from nettle, 5 ml. several times throughout the day. Folk healers claim that acacia flowers have a special effect. They need to chew.
Conducting these activities will greatly facilitate the state and will give an answer to the question - how to cure vulvitis at home. If the patient does not get sick for the first time and is familiar with the symptoms, then it is not necessary to go to the doctor. It is quite possible to get rid of vulvitis. Treatment of folk remedies will help in this.
Treatment of vulvitis in children folk remedies
Many herbs have an antibacterial effect. Naturally, the strength of their action is much lower than that of antibiotics, but quite sufficient to combat vulvitis. In girls, home treatment can include decoctions from the bark of oak, chamomile, nettle, tansy, calendula, plantain, silverweed, celandine, etc. These plants fight inflammation well due to their beneficial properties.
Herbs can be taken both in various proportions, and separately. They need to be poured in boiled water, allowed to brew for several hours, then brought to a temperature of 35-36 degrees and used for baths or douching.
Sea buckthorn oil is a widely used traditional medicine. When vulvitis in children is an indispensable medicine. According to experts, its use greatly facilitates the course of the disease. It should be applied to a cotton swab and treat the vulva. Also suitable for these purposes oil solutions of vitamin A or E.
Olive oil with powder has a good healing properties. From vulvitis, streptocid is used as a powder. Treat the genitals should be at least two or three times a day. These substances relieve itching, have an antibacterial effect. The effect is noticeable after a few days.
Drugs to eliminate pathology
To figure out how to cure vulvitis, you need to identify a malicious stimulus. If the disease is caused by pathogenic microorganisms, then a long recovery period is required. In this case, the doctor prescribes a complex treatment of vulvitis with the obligatory use of antibacterial drugs of a wide spectrum of action:
- cephalosporins - destroy the cell walls of microorganisms,
- penicillins - block the protection of bacteria,
- tetracyclines - inhibit protein synthesis,
- fluoroquinolones - violate microbial DNA.
One of the conditions for the effectiveness of therapeutic treatment is limiting sexual intercourse.
The use of soft drugs
At the initial stage of treatment, vulvitis to eliminate the pathological process of a sufficiently hypoallergenic diet and topical preparations. The advantage of such funds - a direct effect on the inflammation. The following ointments for vulvitis for women are well proven:
- Erythromycin Ointment - belongs to the group of macrolide antibiotics with a bactericidal effect,
- Levomekol - combined, regenerative, antimicrobial agent,
- Chlorhexidine - pharmacological antiseptic,
- Cital - antiprotozoal, antibacterial, antifungal drug,
- Clindacin - contains a bacteriostatic substance.
A tampon with ointment applied to it is inserted deep into the vagina. Also for the treatment of widely used for vulvitis candles. For example:
Terzhinan - treatment of vulvitis mixed etiology in women,
- Betadine - effective against fungi, spores, bacteria,
- Pimafucin - antifungal polyene antibiotic, effective for candidal vulvitis,
- Vagilak - replaces pathogenic bacteria with beneficial species that normalizes the microflora of the female reproductive system.
Pathology of the genital organs in girls
Suspect the development of vulvitis in a child is not difficult. The girl becomes restless, often trying to touch the genitals. In this case, personal hygiene procedures are carried out more thoroughly. Use trays with infusions of medicinal herbs. The external genital area and vagina are washed with solutions: potassium permanganate, furatsilina, rivanol, dioxidine, lysozyme. Conduct sessions dosed ultraviolet irradiation of the vulva.
If the listed methods do not bring results, ointments with antibiotics, estrogens, nitrofurans are prescribed. Treatment of vulvitis in girls, as well as in adult women, should be comprehensive, including:
- antiseptic treatment of the genital tract,
- restoration of the microflora of the vaginal mucosa,
- general strengthening therapy of body defenses,
- increased immune status.
With an allergic etiology of vulvitis, antihistamines are used to relieve itching. For the normalization of the psycho-emotional state, sedatives are prescribed. If the vulvitis has developed as a result of helminthic invasion, the therapeutic complex is replenished with anthelmintic agents.
What is vulvitis?
In this disease, the mucous membranes of the vulva, the female genital organs (labia, clitoris, vagina), become inflamed. Patients in the period of menopause and in children develop primary vulvitis - the infection penetrates to tissue damage. This happens because of the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the organs and the reduced amount of sex hormones.
When the concentration of hormones is normal, the microflora of the vulva is acidic. It is not able to develop pathogens. With a deficiency of female hormones, an insufficient amount of beneficial fermented milk bacteria is produced that can destroy pathogens.
In children, the mucous membranes are thin and tender, they are easily injured. In older women, the tissues undergo destructive changes, thin, lose moisture and elasticity. For this reason, they are easy to damage.
Women of reproductive age are affected by the secondary form of the disease. The disease is caused by infections that engulf the genitals located inside the body.
The illness flows in an acute and chronic form. If an acute vulvitis is not properly treated, it enters a chronic stage, often recurs, and causes serious complications.
Pathology develops if:
- insufficient attention is paid to hygienic procedures,
- mucous membranes are injured (they have scratches, erosion, scratches, sores),
- there are diseases of the reproductive organs,
- the patient is infected with worms,
- there was an endocrine imbalance (for example, on the background of diabetes mellitus).
The main signs of the disease:
- itching and burning of the skin in the groin, in advance of the vagina, pubic hair, thighs, labia, clitoris,
- soreness on the eve of the vagina,
- swelling of the mucous vulva,
- accumulation of pathogenic exudate,
- swollen lymph nodes
- sleep disturbance,
- feeling unwell,
The nature of whiter depends on the causative agent that caused the disease.. For candidal vulvitis is characterized by the appearance of white flakes. When staphylococcal infection is observed pyogenic yellowish-white substance. E. coli provokes the appearance of a foul-smelling greenish-yellow watery exudate.
The severity of symptoms is influenced by the severity of the inflammation and the causes of the pathology. Acute vulvitis in women is manifested as:
- delivers discomfort: itching, burning,
- provokes the appearance of edema and hyperemia,
- causes the formation of erosion.
The chronic form of the disease is accompanied by:
- intense itching
- obstructed urination
- painful intercourse,
- redness of epithelial tissues,
- scanty secretions.
If an ailment develops, the problem of how to treat vulvitis is easily solved. Patients are prescribed medications for general and local therapy, are recommended to refrain from intimate intimacy.
If vulvitis is provoked by sexually transmitted infections, a course of antibiotics is prescribed to both partners. In the secondary form of the disease, they cure the disease that provoked vulvitis.
The treatment focuses on hygiene. Women need to wash three times a day using:
- solution of potassium permanganate or furatsilina,
- herbal extracts from chamomile, hypericum, or calendula (they are also used for douching).
The following drugs are prescribed for the treatment of pathology:
- The vulva is irrigated with antiseptic solutions: Chlohexidine and Miramistin.
- If bacteria cause the disease, treatment with vulvitis is carried out with antibiotics. Patients are prescribed tablets Metronidazole, Amoxiclav.
- When infected with fungi use external means: Nystatin, Flucostat, Mikosist.
- In case of a disease caused by allergens, antihistamine medicines are used: Diazolin, Tavegil, Zodak. With their help, relieve itching, swelling, suppress the inflammatory process.
- With an estrogen deficiency, hormonal drugs help cure vulvitis: Divigel, Ovestin.
- If vulvitis is provoked by the herpes virus, Acyclovir is prescribed.
- Help speed healing of mucosal lesions: Solcoseryl, Bepanten, Panthenol.
Patients are advised to stick to a diet. Baking is removed from the food, spicy, smoked, salty. Introduced in the diet of dairy products, vegetable, fruit and berry dishes.
Treatment in girls
Причиной детского вульвита часто становится глистная инвазия. Девочкам при этом выписывают противопаразитарные препараты. Детям дают медикаменты с десенсибилизирующими свойствами:
- антиаллергенные средства,
- лекарства с кальцием.
If the body's defenses are weakened, girls are treated with vulvitis with:
Treatment during pregnancy
Vulvitis in pregnant women is dangerous because the inflammation is located near the reproductive organ - the uterus. Pathogens cross the placenta with the blood flow, provoke the development of congenital anomalies, miscarriage.
It is impossible to hope that the vulvitis disappears spontaneously during pregnancy. To reduce the likelihood of complications, they treat the disease by external means. If it becomes necessary to use antibiotics, use Augmentin. The remaining antibiotics give a lot of adverse reactions that are undesirable during pregnancy.
In addition, the treatment of vulvitis during pregnancy is carried out using traditional methods. Preparations with plant extracts are used after consulting a gynecologist.
Methods of folk treatment
The treatment of vulvitis at home is carried out not only with medical preparations, but also with folk remedies. For treatment use the recipes recommended by the doctor.
Conducting treatment, you should follow a few rules:
- avoid injury
- not to allow the maceration of the vulva (for this reason, lotions, compresses, irrigation with clean water),
- for washing and douching it is necessary to use astringent antiseptic solutions,
- After water procedures, the vulva should be wetted with a tissue.
Patients must observe drinking regime. To do this, they are advised to drink plenty of warm fruit drinks and fruit drinks prepared from:
Means for bathing, douching, irrigation
- Oak bark extract. 2 tablespoons of raw materials are poured into 2 liters of water, allowed to boil, languishing for 10 minutes. After cooling, the broth is filtered. It is added to the bath, used for douching. A sitz bath is taken 20 minutes.
- With candidal vulvitis take soda baths (a tablespoon of soda in 1 liter of water). The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. With a solution of soda make douching, use it for washing (1 tsp per 1 liter of liquid). Treat for 7–10 days.
- Rhizomes Potentilla erect. In 250 ml of boiling water pour a tablespoon of raw material, tormented for 10 minutes. The cooled broth is filtered and diluted with boiled water, bringing the volume to a liter. Syringe twice a day.
- Helps to fight inflammation of the vulva chamomile drug. In 1 liter of boiled water put a tablespoon of herbs, allow to cool. Filtered infusion is used for douching or irrigation.
- Infusion of round-leaved wintergreen. Take 2 teaspoons of the plant, pour a glass of boiling water, two hours later, filtered. Infusion douche and undermined.
- With four onions, peels are removed, dipped in 0.5 l of water, allowed to boil, roasted for 15 minutes. Cool, filter. Used for irrigation.
- The treatment is carried out using calendula decoction. In 1 liter of boiled water down a tablespoon of nails, insist. The solution is used for douching when it acquires a golden color.
Vulvitis is effectively treated in women when using tampons soaked in antiseptics. Procedures carried out as follows:
- The tampon is dipped in liquid honey, allowed to soak and injected into the vagina. Remove after half a day. Treat for two weeks.
- A tampon soaked in sea buckthorn oil is inserted into the vagina before bedtime. In the morning, clean. The oil is also used to treat the labia.
- With the disease helps peach oil. Tampons are made with it and they lubricate the vulva.
Herbs for internal use
In the event of vulvitis, home treatment is carried out with the help of decoctions and infusions consumed inside. They strengthen the immune system, suppress inflammation, soothe, relieve itching and burning.
- When chewing white acacia flowers, sap is released, which can stop the symptoms of the disease.
- To eliminate the inflammatory process, use viburnum decoction. In 200 ml of boiling water put a tablespoon of viburnum leaves, languish for 10 minutes. The cooled and filtered remedy is consumed in a tablespoon three times a day.
- Strengthens the immune system, relieves symptoms collection, made from mother and stepmother, wintergreen, tributary (1: 1: 1). In 200 ml of boiling water fall asleep a tablespoon of the collection, languishing 15 minutes. Cool, filter, use three times a day on a tablespoon.
- Mix valerian, lemon balm, cuff and nettle in a ratio of 2: 2: 3: 3. In 1 liter of boiling water brew 2 tablespoons of herbal mixture. After five hours, filter. The entire infusion is drunk per day, consuming 100 ml at a time. For treatment daily make fresh infusion.
When vulvitis occurs, the symptoms and treatment are determined by the gynecologist. Self-medication is not always effective. Sometimes it results in a deterioration of the condition, the development of complications. Complex therapy helps to quickly cope with the disease: the simultaneous use of medicinal and folk remedies.
Vulvitis is an inflammation of the vulva. Gynecologists distinguish between two types of inflammation: primary - where the disease occurs on the basis of certain causes, and as a result - when the disease process develops in the presence of another, concomitant disease. Most often, problems of this type and internal genital organs are fixed in parallel. Depending on the presence of symptoms in a patient, the tactics and treatment methods will be selected.
For the appearance of vulvitis should precede such moments:
- Failure of intimate hygiene during menstruation.
- Wearing a chilling, uncomfortable clothing, panty or thong made of thick and poor quality material can cause mechanical damage to the clitoris and labia.
- With vegetative diseases, increased perspiration, the presence of worms, irritation of the external genital organs occurs. This problem occurs in girls at an early age.
- The use of intimate hygiene and contraception with a large number of flavors.
- Contact with infectious secretions, urine, which leads to irritation and maceration of the mucous membrane.
- Violation of the ovaries, a sharp change in hormonal levels, diabetes.
- Insufficient amount of vitamins and minerals in the body, weakening of the immune system.
- A long course of antibiotics.
- Established presence of fistulas in the urinary tract or intestines.
Most often, this problem worries women in the period of menopause or little girls. During this period, the external genital organs are susceptible to any external influences, since their sensitivity is increased several times.
The main symptoms of vulvitis:
- Puffiness, redness in the intimate area.
- Often there are erosion and small ulcers.
- With the rapid development of the disease redness and swelling can spread to the inguinal folds and the inner surface of the thigh.
- The presence of itching and burning in the intimate area.
- The pains during sexual contact, urination, movement, and touch are stated.
- White discharge appears.
- In severe form, an increase in the inguinal lymph nodes, possibly increasing the temperature.
What is the treatment of vulvitis
Before starting any treatment, an examination and diagnosis by a gynecologist is necessary. It establishes the extent of the disease and identifies the cause. It is the correct diagnosis of the cause of the disease that will give the opportunity to quickly cure vulvitis.
Basically, the recommendations of the doctor come down to local treatment of the external genital organs. Vulvitis is treated at home in this way:
- douching antiseptic solutions are made,
- anti-inflammatory and antibacterial drugs of local action are used,
- care and intimate hygiene is carried out only with medicinal solutions,
- Sessile trays of herbs are used: chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, succession,
- lotions and cold compresses are made to relieve itching and burning.
Necessarily such procedures are completed by drying the intimate area, you can not wipe this area with a towel.
The entire course of home treatment is determined by a gynecologist.
In most cases, self-medication does not bring the desired result, and the patient only wastes his time. Doctors advise during this period to give up sex and completely eliminate alcohol.
Treatment of folk remedies
Vulvitis is well treated with the help of traditional medicine. The proposed options can be used as independent systems, but it is better not to neglect the advice of a doctor.
- Rinse the vulva every day can be the following decoction: 2 tablespoons of oak bark crushed and pour 2 liters of water. This whole mixture is cooked for up to 10 minutes on low heat.
- For washing it is also good to use such a decoction: a tablespoon of the roots of the eel of the erect ginger pour 200 ml of water, put on a slow fire for a few minutes.
Then cool and strain the resulting liquid, add boiled water so that the decoction becomes 1 liter. Before each use, the liquid must be warmed to room temperature.
- Chamomile inflorescences (1 tablespoon) is poured with a liter of boiling water and infused for 1.5 hours.
Again, everything is sorted and used for washing. Some doctors recommend using this broth and douching.
- Horse alum (1 tablespoon) crushed and poured liter of boiling water. The broth is infused to cool. Then the broth must be drained and used for washing in the morning and evening.
- 2 tablespoons of Hypericum are added to boiling water (0.5 liters) and boiled for another 5 minutes. After this, the broth must be cooled and filtered.
This liquid is used to wash affected areas. Hypericum can also help kill the infection from the inside. The decoction is prepared in the following proportions: a spoon of Hypericum is added to 1 cup of boiling water and infused for 15 minutes. It is necessary to accept 50 g three times a day.
If the doctor recommends using syringes in parallel with washing out, then the following decoction can be used: take nettle leaves, oak bark, knotweed grass and chamomile (2 tbsp. Of collection), pour boiling water and leave for 15 minutes. Use only warm liquid for douching.
Treatment of vulvitis at home: what else is great helps?
- Calendula fights inflammation well.
Take 200 ml of boiling water and add a large spoonful of calendula flowers. Insist decoction must be at least 30 minutes. Be washed with this solution in the morning and in the evening.
- To reduce itching and burning, you can use an infusion of nettle leaves.
Take a large spoonful of chopped nettle and pour boiling water over it. Insist this broth is necessary for half an hour. Use as a lotion to reduce discomfort.
- For treatment, you can apply the juice of white acacia flowers. They are enough to chew and swallow the excreted liquid.
- Drink a decoction of viburnum is necessary to relieve inflammation.
Take 1 cup of boiling water and place in it a large spoonful of dry leaves of viburnum. Cooked broth should be boiled in a water bath for 10 minutes. You can drink this remedy 3 times a day with a large spoon.
- To quickly relieve itching and burning, you can use silver water for washing and compresses.
In order for the effect to come faster, it is recommended for this disease to be more at rest, to move less.
Well helps in the first days to remove unpleasant and painful infusion of manganese or 3% solution of boric acid. Cleanse these infusions 5-6 times a day, and you will feel relief.
A solution based on potassium permanganate 2% can be used for washing. To do this, you need 1 tablespoon of potassium permanganate diluted in a liter of water.
Herbal medicine has a positive effect in the treatment of this disease. Take 1 part of lavender herbs, wormwood and cherry fruit, add 3 parts of rose hips and 2 parts of strawberry leaves and oak bark. All these herbs must be crushed in a coffee grinder and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist the need to collect all night in a thermos. Drink ¼ cup 3-4 times a day.
In order to achieve a good result in the treatment of vulvitis at home, it is necessary to carry out procedures for at least 2-3 weeks. Only regular and thorough toilet, the implementation of all the recommendations of the doctor will ensure complete recovery. Remember that with this disease, the external genitals are not wiped with a towel, but dried. After the procedure, you can sprinkle the sore spot with white streptocide.
Factors causing the development of the disease
There are many factors provoking the development of pathology, quite often it is a lack of hygiene, mechanical injuries caused by uncomfortable or coarse clothing, long use of pads or sexual relations. This disease in a woman can develop under the influence of antimicrobial drugs in the event of their long-term use and due to radiation therapy. The influencing factors include vaginal discharge in the presence of infections, the effect of fluid during incontinence. The cause of the pathology can be impaired metabolic processes, hormonal problems, allergic reactions, scratching in the presence of worms in the body or with increased sweating. Vulvitis is divided into:
- Primary - in this case, the infection is caused by injuries and violations of the rules of hygiene.
- Secondary - the source of the initial infection is in other organs: in the vagina or the uterus, kidneys, or even the tonsils.
The primary form of the disease is often diagnosed in girls or in women during postmenopause. The occurrence of the problem is explained by the characteristics of the reproductive system at the indicated age intervals. In childhood, the mucous layers and skin are thin, rather easily injured. The microflora includes coccal forms, the secret is alkaline, and immunity is not fully formed. The cause of the development of pediatric pathology is the presence of pinworms, in this case, the mucous layer is damaged by scratching, which contributes to the ingress of infectious pathogens into the vulva.
In girls just born, sometimes vaginal secretions are triggered, provoked by the mother's estrogen, which entered the child's body before delivery. Such manifestations usually stop by themselves.
In postmenopausal women, atrophic changes in the mucous layers are noted, the volume of vaginal secretions decreases, the layers become thinner and dry, easily damaged, exposed to infectious agents, as a result of which the disease is formed.
The secondary type of pathology arises in parallel with the existing inflammatory diseases of the internal organs - cervicitis, colpitis or endocervicitis.
How to treat a disease
Now we will consider how to treat vulvitis - when symptoms appear, a woman should immediately contact specialists, who use more complex methods of both local and general effects for more effective treatment. It is possible to cure a disease qualitatively only by eliminating the factors that caused it along with the inflammatory process.
The acute form of pathology in a child implies mandatory bed rest, women should refuse to have sex during treatment. Antimicrobial agents are prescribed in accordance with the pathogen that provoked the development of pathology. If mushrooms are the cause of the disease, antifungal medications are prescribed. Considering that the pathology in girls is more often formed under the influence of opportunistic organisms, local agents, creams or ointments are prescribed for therapy. Treat the external organs as follows:
- Lotions and compresses are made using furatsilinovogo solution, eucalyptus tinctures, lead liquid is used.
- Sessile baths can be assigned. For their preparation using a weak manganese solution, infusions of medicinal herbs (the basis is a calendula or chamomile, a string or eucalyptus).
- External organs should be treated with a weak manganese compound or boric acid.
- Women can do douching antiseptic compounds, use special candles against inflammatory processes.
- After the water events, the external organs are dried with a soft cloth, powdered with Streptocide.
- If severe itching is present, sedatives and ointments are used to treat the vulva, sometimes Hydrocortisone and UFO are prescribed.
- When allergic vulvitis prescribe antihistamines, develop a diet that excludes sweets, spicy and salty foods.
Difficulties may arise when treatment is required for vulvitis during pregnancy - during this period, many drugs are undesirable to take so as not to harm the child. In many cases, therapy must be postponed until the baby is born. However, it is permissible to use fairly safe recipes of traditional medicine after prior consultation with a gynecologist.
Use of folk remedies: douching and baths
Traditional medicine offers many ways to allow the treatment of vulvitis at home, which uses herbal baths, irrigation, douching and other methods:
- For baths and douching, broths are prepared on the basis of oak bark - 2 large spoons of bark are taken for 2 liters of liquid, the composition is brought to a boil and boiled over low heat for another 10 minutes. The tool is cooled, filtered, and then used.
- An effective remedy is made from the roots of an erect worm. A large spoon of the plant should be poured 200 ml of boiling water and keep on low heat for another 10 minutes. Затем состав остужают, процеживают, доливают кипятком до литра. Спринцевания делают утром и вечером.
- Можно использовать ромашку – на литр закипевшей воды берут большую ложку цветов и выдерживают состав до его остывания, после чего фильтруют и применяют для спринцевания и орошения.
- In 200 ml of boiled water, you can brew a round-leafed wintergreen in the amount of two small spoons. Insist means for 2 hours, then filter and use.
- For 500 ml of water, husks from four bulb onions are taken, the product is brought to a boil, kept on fire for another 15 minutes, left to cool, filtered.
- The marigold flowers are brewed as follows - a large spoonful of a plant is taken per liter of boiled water. Insist until the liquid becomes a golden hue.
Medicinal Drinks and Tampons
In addition to the means for douching of medicinal plants, they make drinks and impregnations for tampons, which help to quickly eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of vulvitis:
- To enhance immunity and alleviate the symptoms will help herbal collection, for which they take a large spoon of coltsfoot, wintergreen leaves, sweet clover (top of the plant). The components are mixed and brewed with 200 ml of boiling water, after which the agent is placed in a water bath and incubated for another 15 minutes. Cool, filter, take a large spoon three times a day.
- Liquid honey (if thickened, you should put it in a water bath) soak tampons of gauze, inject them into the vagina for a period of 12 hours. The course of treatment is 14 days.
- Well helps when vulvar little sea buckthorn - they are soaked with tampons, you can lubricate the labia.
- Nettle lotions help - 4 large spoons of crushed leaves of the plant are poured with boiling water (1 liter) and infused for 30 minutes.
- To combat the disease, women are advised to chew on the flowers of white acacia, swallowing the juice they release.
- Kalina broth well reduces inflammation. To prepare take 200 ml of boiling water, throw a tablespoon of the plant into it (use the leaves). The broth is kept on the "bath" for 10 minutes, then filtered and drunk in the morning, in the evening, at lunchtime, in a tablespoon.
Causes of disease
Often, the occurrence of primary vulvitis is caused by non-compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene, hormonal disorders in the woman’s body, worms, cystitis, and mechanical damage, thermal or chemical burns. In addition, the disease may occur as a result of inappropriate intake of antibiotics or other drugs.
Secondary vulvitis is a consequence of inflammation that has arisen in the internal genital organs (vaginitis, endometritis, cervicitis, etc.).
In addition, the development of this disease can be influenced by infection with various types of pathogenic fungi that disrupt the level of microflora. Rare cases have been seen when vulvitis was caused by tuberculosis.
Symptoms of vulvitis
The disease can proceed in two forms: chronic and acute. The acute form of the disease is characterized by such symptoms as:
- Unpleasant sensations when walking and urinating
- Abundant discharge
- Weakness and fatigue.
When these symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor who will diagnose. When vulvitis doctor notes swelling of the mucous membrane, redness and irritation of the labia, enlargement of the lymph nodes in the groin area. Sometimes, small bubbles appear on the surface of the genitalia with pus, which is formed as a result of inflammation.
Girl covered in flowers
The symptoms in the chronic form of the disease are identical and differ only in the degree of severity, which in this case will be lower.
In order to properly diagnose the disease and prescribe treatment, you will need to pass several tests. This is a general urine and blood test, blood tests for RW and HIV, seeding of vaginal smears, smears of flora. All these examinations should be performed only on the recommendation of a doctor.
Medicinal herbs for internal use
- Infusion of Hypericum perforatum. Pour a tablespoon of grass with a glass of boiling water and leave for an hour. After this, strain the broth and drink three times a day for a quarter cup.
- Broth viburnum. To make it you need to take a tablespoon of dried flowers of viburnum, pour one glass of water and hold for 10 minutes in a water bath. After the broth, strain and cool. This tool is taken 3 times a day in a tablespoon.
- Nettle juice Squeeze juice from nettle leaves and take a teaspoon three times a day.
- White acacia. White acacia flowers should be thoroughly chewed and swallow their juice. This is to improve the condition of the patient.
Folk remedies for internal use
Particularly effective in the treatment of vulvitis infusions of dry stems and leaves of wintergreen.
For the preparation of such funds will require two teaspoons of herbs, filled with a glass of boiling water. Insist means you need within two hours and strain. The resulting infusion is moistened with a tampon and applied to the genitals.
Wintergreen leaves can also be used fresh as phytoapplications. To do this, they need to pour over boiling water and knead.
Medunitsa is also suitable for external use. From the leaves of the plant it is necessary to squeeze the juice, dilute it with water and apply as lotion.
Herbs for the treatment of vulvitis
A special role in the treatment of such a disease is given to vulvitis douching.
For this procedure, infusions of medicinal herbs are prepared: calendula, chamomile, immortelle, roots and thorns, onion peel.
Herbs for douching with vulvitis
There are two proven folk recipes that are great for treating vulvitis.
- Mix the flowers of coltsfoot, wintergreen leaves and sweet clover grass in equal quantities. A tablespoon of the collection must be filled with boiling water and kept for 10 minutes in a water bath. After that, decorate the tea and cool it. Drink three tablespoons 2-3 times a day.
- Pharmaceutical chamomile, walnut leaves, grass of dried marsh, linden flowers mixed in equal quantities. Pour a tablespoon of the collection in a thermos and pour a glass of boiling water. Insist for 3-4 hours and drink in the form of heat 3-4 times a day.
Folk methods for relieving itching
- If itching, irritation and redness occur, cold compresses should be applied.
- Dissolve a tablespoon of 2% potassium permanganate in a liter of water and wash with a solution at least three times a day.
- To relieve pain when walking and urinating will help sedentary baths of infusion of chamomile or potassium permanganate. For the preparation of chamomile infusion, you must pour two tablespoons of herbs with a liter of water, bring to a boil and infuse. Potassium permanganate must be diluted in warm water. Bath should be taken three times a day for 20 minutes.
- For seated trays it is also mono to use oak bark. To prepare the infusion, you must pour 2 tablespoons of oak bark with two liters of boiling water and boil over low heat for 10 minutes.
The main symptoms of vulvitis
Vulvitis can occur in 2 forms: acute and chronic. The following manifestations are characteristic of the acute form of vulvitis:
- the appearance of puffiness and redness of the skin on the labia, the clitoris, the inguinal region and the inner part of the thigh,
- swollen lymph nodes in the groin,
- the occurrence of nervous excitability and insomnia,
- the presence of itching, burning and soreness when urinating,
- appearance of discharge with pus or sukrovitsy.
Symptoms of chronic vulvitis are swelling on the mucous membrane, pain in some areas, burning, itching and minor discharge.
Douching and baths
The current method of treatment for vulvitis is to take baths in a sitting position. Procedures are suitable for girls and adult women. Thanks to the baths, the symptoms of the disease disappear quickly. Baths can be taken independently at home by selecting the appropriate recipe:
Potassium permanganate is dissolved in warm water in such quantity that a light pink shade of liquid is obtained. Baths are taken twice a day.
- Gentian tincture in the amount of 2 tbsp. l dissolved in 2 l of water. The bath helps to reduce the burning sensation and eliminates bacteria and infection. To prepare the tincture of gentian on alcohol at home, you need to mix the leaves of a dry plant with alcohol in a ratio of 1: 7 and insist 14 days in a glass container.
- 30 g of crushed oak bark is poured over 2 liters of water and boiled for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Broth should cool to a comfortable temperature. After that, it is poured into the basin and take a sit-down bath. The procedure lasts about 5 minutes and is repeated 3 times a day until recovery occurs.
- Thyme leaves in the amount of 200 g are added to 3 liters of water, which just boil. The container is covered with a lid and waited until the temperature reaches 37 ° C. After this, the tincture is filtered and poured into the pelvis. The procedure is given no more than 20 minutes.
Chamomile and poppy flowers are mixed in equal proportions. 200 ml of boiling water will require 1 tbsp. l mixes. The broth is prepared on the steam bath for a quarter of an hour. Then infused for 10 minutes, filtered and diluted with 5 liters of warm water. Herbal bath can take women and girls.
Douching with vulvitis is carried out with a solution from the collection of herbs. The components of the mixture:
- 1 tsp crushed oak bark,
- 3 tsp. nettle,
- 2 tbsp. l bird mountaineer,
- 1 tsp chamomile flowers.
Herbs must be steamed in 1 liter of boiled water. The liquid is infused for some time, after which it is filtered and add 2 tbsp. l in 1 liter of warm water. The procedure is carried out twice a day. To do this, use a special syringe, which must be disinfected before each use.
Broths and infusions for oral administration
With the onset of the disease, both an adult and a child need to strengthen the immune system. This will help folk remedies. For children, chamomile tea is a safe remedy for vulvitis. 1 cup of water will require 1 tsp. flowers plants. Liquid drink 50 ml three times a day.
For women with vulvitis, a decoction made from flowers of viburnum or white acacia will be useful. 500 ml of water will require 1 tbsp. l plants. The mixture is boiled on low heat for about 5 minutes. During the day, drink no more than 3 cups of broth.
For prolonged treatment is suitable for collecting herbs:
- iron ore,
- grains of black cumin.
It is recommended to brew herbal collection in a thermos from the evening. By morning, the infusion will be ready. 800 ml of boiling water will require 1 tbsp. l mixes. In the morning, filter the liquid and take before meals. The course of treatment is 30–60 days.
To strengthen the immune system when vulvitis, a collection of clover, wintergreen and coltsfoot is applied. Plants are mixed in equal quantities. 200 ml of boiling water take 1 tbsp. l herbal mixture and roasted it on low heat for a quarter of an hour. The liquid is cooled, filtered and drunk 1 tbsp. l three times a day.
Effective with vulvitis is collecting herbs:
- 2 tbsp. l lemon balm
- 2 tbsp. l valerian,
- 3 tbsp. l nettle,
- 3 tbsp. l cuffs.
For 1 liter of infusion will require 2 tbsp. l herbal blend. Liquid infused for 5 hours. After that, it is filtered and taken 100 ml at a time. Every day you need to make a fresh infusion.
Therapeutic measures for vulvitis perform as prescribed by the doctor. Before starting the procedures, it is necessary to consult with him, otherwise self-treatment will lead to the development of complications and poor health. To avoid a recurrence of vulvitis, it is necessary to follow the rules of personal hygiene and treat inflammation in time.
Vulvitis during pregnancy
As you know, often during pregnancy a woman's immunity decreases. This is what can cause exacerbation of chronic diseases, provoke the development of vulvitis. If a pregnant woman is faced with this problem, it’s not worth it to go to the doctor.
Pregnant girl with a flower
Prevention of vulvitis
Development prevention includes personal hygiene and avoiding risk factors.
This greatly reduces the likelihood of developing inflammatory diseases of the vulva. In addition, to prevent the development of vulvitis, it is necessary to avoid factors that can irritate the skin (soap, uncomfortable and poor-quality underwear, vaginal discharge, etc.). Cotton underwear is best.
It is important to remember that before proceeding to the treatment of vulvitis at home with the help of folk remedies, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.