The menstrual cycle involves the passage of complex processes in the body of a woman. It is established with the onset of reproductive age, and ends with menopause. The cycle involves the transition of several phases, regularly replacing each other during childbearing age. Each of them is inherently accompanied by the presence of certain secretions. Everyone knows that the menstruation phase is characterized by bleeding that lasts from 3 to 7 days. Women can find yellow discharge after menstruation, and before them, and even instead of them. As evidenced by such a sign, and how to recognize the pathology - let's talk in this article.
Yellow discharge 1-2 weeks before menstruation: normal
The premenstrual phase is characterized by a jump in estrogen hormones, as a result of which there are changes in a woman’s mood, increased fatigue, dizziness, weakness, an increase in the amount of clear mucus secreted, sometimes a yellowish tint. That is, moderate light yellow or yellow discharges a week before the menstruation and immediately ahead of them are considered the allowable rate. They are usually without clots, white streaks, while the color is not saturated, which can be traced to the linen.
Should not pull the lower abdomen, disturb itching and burning, and an unpleasant smell. This is explained by the fact that under the influence of hormones secreted mucous secretion changes its composition.
Why may appear yellow discharge before menstruation?
Having found a yellowish discharge before menstruation, women wonder if this is a sign of pathology. However, it is not necessary to worry, at least, until the results of the analyzes are obtained, since traces on laundry of this color often indicate the imminent start of “critical days” or residues of urine after using the toilet.
Such secretion is a completely permissible phenomenon due to changes in the composition of hormones in the body. But the balance of estrogen and progesterone can be disturbed as a result of external factors: physical and emotional stress, poor lifestyle choices and improperly chosen medicines for treatment or contraception. In this case, an “unplanned” failure leads to unusual discharge, including light yellow mucus, which is abundant in character. This kind of cervical fluid should not smell, but lower abdominal pain is not excluded.
Yellow discharge before menstruation is a sign of cervical ectopia. In this case, the mucus is of moderate volume, uniform, and mixed with blood.
Uterine fibroids, if it is located in the fallopian tubes, can affect the discharge, the color of which can be described as purulent, or white and yellow. The symptom is more intense before menstruation and is a very alarming signal.
Cysts and tumors
Another reason when premenstrual mucus gets such a color, the presence of tumors. There may be a pulling, growing pain in the lower abdomen.
Such a sign also causes an allergic reaction provoked by medicines, intimate hygiene products, and even synthetic, poor-quality underwear.
A common cause of a variety of secretions are inflammatory processes in the genitals. The occurrence of such is associated with hypothermia, the ingress of viruses, microbes and advanced infectious disease.
- Colpitis is an inflammation of the vaginal mucosa. In addition to the characteristic discharge, itching and swelling of the external genital organs, painful urination start to disturb a few days before the menstruation. Can pull and whine in the lower abdomen with the displacement of discomfort in the sacrum or lower back. This disease is able to develop against the background of infectious diseases, and thanks to pathological microorganisms. Often causes a delay.
- Adnexitis is an inflammatory process that affects the ovary and fallopian tubes caused by infectious agents. The chronic form of this disease of appendages is expressed only by irritation of the external genital organs, and the acute form by the appearance of purulent mucus before menstruation.
- Salpingitis - the spread of pathogenic microorganisms from the uterine cavity into the fallopian tubes, as a result of which they become inflamed and provoke a thick yellowish secret before menstruation, accompanied by severe pain and general ill health.
Infectious and fungal diseases
The main symptoms of infectious genital diseases are specific secretions. They noticeably intensify or appear only before critical days.
Chlamydia is a common reason why fluid released from the vagina is similar to rot, accompanied by itching, burning, pain during urination and sexual contact. A clear sign of illness is a putrid odor.
Trichomoniasis is an infectious disease that can also worsen before menstruation. Observed from yellowish to green discharge, have a frothy consistency and an unpleasant smell of rotten fish. Sensible cramps, burning and pain when urinating, swelling and redness of the genitals observed.
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease, a discharge in which can have not only the described shade, but also green. Symptomatology supplemented by the release of pus, pain, itching. With this ailment there is a possibility of delay.
Candidiasis or thrush. Disease secretion may change shade from pale yellow to intensely white. It has a cheesy composition and a sour, milky smell.
This is not the whole list of pathologies and diseases that can provoke such a symptom, only the main ones are given.
Yellow discharge after menstruation without smell
All of the above diseases and pathologies can cause the appearance of yellowish secretion after menstruation, because this is the period when the body is weakened, and all sorts of ailments make themselves felt with particular force.
An additional reason for this symptom, which can be classified as “normal,” is that vaginal microflora particles come out with the released blood. They also give yellowing to a secret which plenitude increases after regul. The remains of excreted epithelium particles and other cells can change their color when interacting with oxygen and then light brown and odorless after menses will be observed.
If such manifestations are not accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen and in the lower back, burning, cutting and itching during sexual intercourse, then, most likely, we are talking about the normal process of self-purification of the body, rather than pathology.
Yellow discharge instead of monthly
Often, women are interested in whether there is a link between delayed menstruation and yellow discharge. If there was a yellow discharge on the second day of the delay, then such secretion may be an acceptable norm and speak of the imminent onset of menstruation, and may indicate such violations:
- Hormonal imbalance, due to which the menstrual cycle is lost and the composition of the secretory mucus of the genital organs changes.
- Neoplasms and tumors.
- Inflammation and infectious diseases.
If the appeared secretion is not supplemented with other symptoms and the delay is only a couple of days, there is no cause for concern. If the regulations are absent for a week and two, you should contact the antenatal clinic.
When yellow discharge instead of menstruation when delayed talk about pregnancy?
This kind of secretion is not a typical sign of pregnancy, especially when it comes to one of the weeks of the first trimester. Therefore, to assume conception only for such a cervical fluid is not worth it. If the menstruation does not start on time, and instead of it the described symptom was found, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor for diagnosis. Of course, there is such a thing as daubing when introducing a gestational sac into the uterus, but it has different characteristics and is not accompanied by unpleasant sensations. Pay attention to what are the implant allocation, signaling the conception took place.
Briefly about the main thing
As it turned out, yellow discharge before and after menstruation, without odor, pain and other unpleasant symptoms, is a completely acceptable norm due to changes in the composition and quality of the mucous secretion, changing under the influence of sex hormones in a certain phase of the menstrual cycle. But often this phenomenon can be one of the main symptoms of many gynecological diseases. That is why it is very important to consult with a specialist with the slightest changes in secretion.
Yellow discharge from women - causes
To begin with, it should be noted that a similar color of discharge from the vaginal cavity is not always a sign of a violation or pathology. Yellow, odorless discharge, not accompanied by the appearance of additional symptoms (burning, itching, fever), doctors consider as a variant of the norm. Often this color is observed after intercourse without using a condom.
But in most cases, yellow discharge from women is a sign of disorders in the reproductive system. To establish and eliminate the exact cause, a woman has to go through many examinations and tests. Gynecologists more often name the following causes of yellow discharge in women:
- Inflammatory processes affecting the mucous membranes of the genital tract. In such cases, the simplest microorganisms, bacteria, act as the causative agent. A large amount of leukocytes, which penetrate into the fluid secreted at the site of inflammation, gives a yellow color to the secretions.
- Bacterial vaginosis. The disease is accompanied by an imbalance of normal and conditionally pathogenic microflora. With a strong multiplication of microorganisms belonging to the second type, there is a change in the environment of the vagina, which creates favorable conditions for inflammation. The secretion of epithelial glands increases, causing an increase in secretions.
- Allergic reactions. Such phenomena can occur in girls, women and even girls. The most common allergens for the female reproductive system are synthetic underwear, hygiene products, condoms. In most cases, the discharge is thick and yellow only partially.
- Contraceptive use on hormonal basis. When using drugs of this group, a change in the hormonal background occurs in the body, which provokes secretions.
- Violation of the rules of hygiene of the genitals.
- Use of intrauterine contraceptives.
- Malignant tumors of the reproductive system.
Yellow discharge before menstruation
Transparent, abundant, liquid discharge before menstruation is the norm. They manifest about 10-14 days before menstruation. Thus, in the female reproductive system, favorable conditions are created for the advancement of the spermatozoon and its meeting with the egg (fertilization). If conception does not occur, another menstruation occurs.
However, some women before menstruation may notice a yellow discharge. The reason for such acts bacterial vaginitis. The presence of this disease a woman can learn and painful sensations during sex. Burning and itching appear. Yellow secretions in the middle of the cycle can cause other infections, mostly sexually transmitted:
Yellow discharge during pregnancy
With the onset of conception in a woman's body, the process of hormonal adjustment begins. Directly from it, pregnant women often observe yellow discharge in the first trimester. The process of formation of a mucous plug begins, therefore the secret produced by the glands is condensed, and its color changes. This phenomenon is considered by physicians as a variant of the norm.
However, yellow discharge from women in the position may indicate irregularities. Weakening of local immunity increases the risk of inflammatory and infectious processes. When they occur, additional symptoms appear:
- abdominal pain.
Yellow discharge after delivery
After the birth of the baby, the woman normally has lochia - vaginal discharge of bloody nature. It lasts about 4-6 weeks. During this period, their character is constantly changing. After 10 days from red, they turn into scant brown, spotting secretions with mucus. Already after 3 weeks, the lochia turns into a yellow discharge, after childbirth being a variant of the norm. With a weak contraction of the uterus, they can be observed for 1-2 months. It should be remembered that the yellow discharge from women after childbirth is a variant of the norm if:
- appear at the end
- have a soft color
- not accompanied by additional symptoms.
Yellow discharge during menopause
Talking about this problem, gynecologists note frequent urogenital disorders in women of menopausal age. Isolation of yellow color in menopause is associated with bladder hyperactivity, with frequent urges to empty it. They get their coloring when they hit a small amount of urine, which can be released spontaneously due to the weakness of the pelvic floor muscles.
In addition, yellow discharge from mature women (50 years and older) can be provoked and a metabolic disorder. This pathology is more common in women with:
- increased body weight
- diabetes mellitus.
Yellow discharge - what to do?
Having noticed yellow discharge, the woman should begin treatment with a gynecologist. The doctor will conduct an examination, prescribe tests and hardware studies that will help determine the exact cause of the pathology. In most cases, yellow discharge is only a symptom of the pathological process, the definition of which is the main task of the medical profession. Based on the results obtained, a treatment plan is developed, which is compiled strictly individually.
To reduce the symptoms of the disorder, to exclude pathological discharge, the woman must comply with all medical appointments. By adhering to some rules, the patient will be able to completely eliminate the yellow discharge and prevent their relapse. Among those:
- The use of underwear exclusively from natural fabrics.
- The use of hypoallergenic intimate hygiene products.
- Timely and proper hygiene.
Yellow discharge from women without odor
Highlight yellow color in women without odor often indicate infectious diseases. In order to get rid of them, you must pass a full examination. The basis of therapy for pathology of this kind are antibacterial drugs. For treatment, use candles and tablets, which are selected depending on the type of pathogen, stage of the disease, severity of symptoms:
- with colpitis - Tinidazole, Clotrimazole,
- with fungal infections - Tsiskan, Flukanozol, Orunit,
- during menopause - Ovestin,
- with infection of the genital tract - Batadin, Hexicon.
Yellow discharge with the smell of women
Discharges of yellow color with a sour odor indicate a violation of the microflora of the vagina. Dysbiosis can be provoked by non-compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene, improper care of the genitals. His appearance contribute to:
- frequent douching
- long-term use of antibiotics
- use of hormones,
- unprotected intercourse.
Yellow discharge with odor require specific therapy. The treatment is aimed at restoring the vaginal microflora. This process is long and complex. Many women have to take medicine for several months. Among the drugs used:
Yellow discharge with an admixture of white, curd-like blotches indicate candidiasis. This disease is triggered by fungi of the genus Candida. With the development of the disease, the woman feels a strong ass and a burning sensation in the genital area. The mucous membrane of the labia becomes hyperemic and edematous. Over time, the discharge thickens and turns white. For the treatment of the disease using drugs:
Yellow-green discharge from women
Highlight the yellow color in women with an admixture of green talk about the development of infection. Often these symptoms occur with vaginosis and trichomoniasis. There are severe itching, burning sensation in the vulva. Often, women record an unpleasant odor of discharge, comparable to the smell of spoiled fish. The discharge becomes foamy in nature and only increases with time.
Treatment for such diseases is carried out in 2 stages:
- antibiotic therapy - Metronidazole, Hexicon,
- normalization of the vaginal flora - Ecofemin.
Causes of yellowish, odorless mass
Modern medicine is known for such causes of yellow, odorless discharge in women:
- In the body of women occur natural age-related changes, in which there is a violation of hormonal and odorless yellowish discharge and itching.
- Before the critical days, there is a rich, yellow, odorless discharge.
- Перенесенные аборты и выкидыши.
- Выделения желтого цвета у женщин без запаха наблюдаются перед началом родовой деятельности либо после ее завершения. In some future mummies during pregnancy, yellow mucous masses manifest themselves at different periods.
- Discharges like snot, yellow and odorless, are observed in female audience, who actively use hormonal contraceptives.
- Without itching, odor and burning, yellowish discharge is accompanied by women of Balsac age in menopause.
- Such unpleasant symptoms affect girls who actively use various hygiene products, condoms during sex, tampons or pads. This problem is also facing a female audience using synthetic underwear.
- Stressful situations people experience in different ways. Most girls suffer a psycho-emotional background, and with this pathologically altered state, the body can give any reaction, both allergic and in the form of mucous masses.
Yellowish discharge, odorless, before critical days
Before the beginning of the monthly menstrual cycle, estrogen begins to be actively produced in the female body, due to which there are:
- mood swings
- yellowish, odorless discharge before menstruation,
- fatigue, etc.
Female audiences need to be aware that if they have no monthly delay, an odorless yellow discharge may appear 1-2 weeks before the start of planned menstruation. It should be borne in mind that they should not contain any clots or whitish streaks. Women should not have a burning sensation and itching, pain, and an unpleasant smell.
Such processes can provoke pathologically dangerous states:
- hormonal disruptions
- erosion, fibroids,
- neoplasms and cysts,
- tolpit etc.
Yellowish highlight after critical days
Yellow discharge after menstruation, odorless can be considered as a symptom of various diseases that make themselves felt against the background of a weakened organism. Also, yellowish mucous masses are formed for many reasons unrelated to progressive pathological processes.
During this period, particles of the vaginal microflora continue to leave the female body, which give a characteristic yellowish tint to the slimy masses. In such a situation, the female audience does not need to panic, as modern medicine considers what is happening as a natural phenomenon. The following symptoms should cause concern:
- feeling intense burning,
- pain, localization of which is the lower abdomen,
- severe itching
- cracks formed during sexual contact,
- pain radiating to the lumbar region, etc.
Yellow cheesy discharge
If the girl has formed a cheesy, odorless, yellowish discharge, then she does not need to try to eliminate them herself, as serious complications can arise. The best solution in such a situation would be to go to a medical institution for a consultation, where specialists will explain why women develop yellow, odorless discharges, and in which cases they are not a sign of an infectious lesion of the reproductive organs.
The cause of the curd discharge (curdless, odorless, yellow masses) is most often an infection (specific, purulent). Yellow, odorless discharges with a cheesy structure begin to stand out with the progression of such infections (urogenital):
- Education trichomoniasis. In this pathologically dangerous state, the female audience has a copious withdrawal of vaginal masses, which have a dense structure. Infection affects the reproductive system and, in case of untimely drug therapy, the pathologically dangerous condition can turn into a chronic phase. The cause of the development of such a pathologically dangerous condition is a pathogenic microorganism that penetrates the reproductive organs most often through sexual contact. But scientists who have been studying this infectious pathology for many years have proven that pathogenic microflora can also affect people through everyday contacts. In such a category of patients, the resulting masses have a yellowish-greenish tint, and over time acquire a foamy structure. Patients complain of severe itching, burning sensation, irritation of the mucous genital organs.
- Progression of gonorrhea. At the initial manifestation of this pathologically-dangerous condition in patients, a curdling of the mass of the vagina with a yellowish tinge can be observed. Pretty quickly, they change their consistency to a purulent, and from them a fetid odor emanates.
- Chlamydia formation. The cause of this infection (urogenital) is a pathogen called chlamydia. It penetrates the sexual system during sexual contact, rarely infection occurs in a household way. In patients, curd masses that contain rather bulky clots begin to flow from the cervical canal. In the absence of timely drug therapy in patients, the pathologically dangerous condition may spread to the urethra area and even to the rectum.
- The progression of ureaplasmosis. In patients, pathogenic bacteria are localized on the mucous membranes of the organs of the genitourinary system.
Very often, girls who were artificially interrupted by pregnancy, faced with such a problem. Cheesy masses of such a category of patients can stand out for several months. At this time, they should closely monitor the consistency of secretions, and immediately respond when changing their color and structure. If they are suspicious, they should immediately contact medical institutions for advice and testing. Perhaps the cause of changes in the consistency and color of the evolving masses is an infection, which was brought in by the specialists during curettage.
It is necessary to sound the alarm during the formation of blood interspersed in curd masses. Such a condition may indicate the presence in the organs of the reproductive system of neoplasms, which may be of both benign and malignant nature. If, after the menstrual discharge, yellow, cheesy, odorless masses are formed, in which there are blood clots, the girls should immediately go to medical institutions. Such a condition may indicate a progressive ectopic pregnancy or other, equally serious, pathologically dangerous conditions. After conducting laboratory and hardware research, narrow-profile specialists will identify the cause of such discomfort and prescribe medication or surgical treatment.
Recommendations of gynecologists
If women are confused mucous discharge yellow, odorless, they should contact your local gynecologist for consultation. A narrow-profile specialist will explain why yellow, thick, odorless discharges form in women. He will tell you when, on the day of the onset of menstruation, yellow, odorless discharges are released instead of menses. The doctor will also give his recommendations on how to protect a woman’s health from pathogenic microflora and the consequences of its harmful effects on the reproductive organs.
To prevent the formation of pathological conditions in which bright yellow, odorless discharges are secreted, women need to follow a number of precautions:
- have sex only with trusted partners,
- practice protected sex,
- wear constantly wearable clothing made only from natural raw materials,
- do not use flavored personal care products,
- timely deal with pathologically dangerous conditions, often recurrent (can lead to the development of serious complications) and accompanied by an odorless pale yellow discharge,
- with the help of doctors to fight the hormonal changes in the body, etc.
Yellow, odorless discharge, with no burning, itching, frequent urination, pain, should not alarm the female audience. A yellow, odorless discharge, if they are a normal physiological phenomenon, will disappear on its own after several days. Flowing from the female genital organs, mucous masses may increase in volume before the onset of the menstrual cycle. At the same time, yellow discharge in women without odor should not be too bright and cheesy. In the reproductive system, which has no pathological changes, they do not contain lumps, have a homogeneous structure and do not have blood patches.
It is necessary to suspect a change in the hormonal background, an infection of the genital organs, when the masses change their color and consistency, acquire a foamy structure, become smelly, too thick. In such a situation, it is necessary to urgently visit the gynecologist, who will take smears, will appoint a series of tests to identify the cause of unpleasant symptoms. Also, the doctor may apply special diagnostic techniques if he has any suspicions about tumor processes.
Physiology of normal secretions
Normally, discharge before critical days occurs a few days before them, less often a week. This is due to hormonal changes. Before menstruation, the female body produces a large amount of estrogen, which provokes the manifestation of signs of PMS.
A couple of days before the menstrual period, the mucous secretion changes the consistency. Yellowish discharge before menstruation is thicker and odorless. They are considered a normal physiological phenomenon.
Along with this symptom before menstruation, girls experience increased fatigue, mood swings, irritability, dizziness and other signs of PMS.
Normal yellow discharge in women has a light shade. Premenstrual vaginal secretion does not contain clots and white veins.
A week before menstruation, a healthy woman does not feel a strong pulling discomfort in the lower abdomen, itching and burning in the vagina, nausea. The presence of these symptoms, along with a yellow vaginal secretion that has an unpleasant odor and rich color, indicates a hormonal failure or gynecological pathology.
Abundant yellow discharge before menstruation - a sign of the disease, if they are accompanied by itching and burning in the vagina. Also, the presence of gynecological pathology indicates discomfort in the lower abdomen. For example, with a disease such as colpitis, suspicious discharge a week before menstruation is accompanied by pain in the lumbar region and ovaries. Also, discomfort is felt in the pubic area.
Factors provoking the staining of premenstrual secretion in a light shade:
- Changes in hormonal composition. Vaginal secret before menstruation changes color when estrogen and progesterone balance is disturbed. Typically, such a problem faced by women leading a wrong lifestyle. In this case, this symptom is accompanied by a pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
- Cervical erosion. Yellow mucus released before menstruation in this disease contains blood clots. Its volume is moderate, and the consistency is homogeneous.
- Uterine fibroids. In this disease, the color of the vaginal secretion is light yellow. According to its consistency, it resembles pus.
- Tumor or cyst. The presence of tumors on the genitals is accompanied by copious yellowish discharge before menstruation and acute pain in the ovaries.
- Allergy to sanitary pads. Usually, its manifestation is provoked by improperly chosen means for intimate hygiene or long-term use of oral contraceptives.
- Inflammation of the genital tract. The cause of the alarming premenstrual symptoms may be inflammation due to trivial hypothermia or an infectious disease.
Yellow discharge after menstruation without odor indicates contact with the mucous surface of the genital tract infection. This is due to the weakness of the body during the critical days. After their completion, there is no need to expect a full recovery within 5–7 days. Consequently, in the first week after the end of menstruation, the female body is exposed to diseases to a greater extent.
A common cause of staining vaginal secretions in yellow after menstruation is bacterial vaginosis. With this disease, copious discharge occurs after intercourse. At this time, the woman is experiencing severe discomfort in the vagina. Itching and burning before menstruation are constant companions of the disease.
If yellow vaginal secretion after menstruation is not accompanied by discomfort and other unpleasant symptoms, this may be due to the vaginal microflora particles coming out. They paint it in such a shade.
If the discharge with the smell
If the yellow discharge with a smell is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the vagina, there is a high probability of infection of the sexually transmitted infection on the walls of the genital organs.
Diseases provoking the manifestation of this symptom:
- Colpit In this disease, the genitals swell, there are secretions of yellow color with fragrance and severe itching. Also, the disease is accompanied by back pain.
- Salpingitis. This disease is characterized by light mucus regularly flowing out of the vagina. During sex, there is great pain in the genital area. Also, this disease is accompanied by unpleasant sensations when urinating.
- Adnexitis. Before menstruation, the vaginal area begins to ache and itch. Genital mucosa irritated.
- Chlamydia. This disease is characterized by frequent and abundant discharge of a yellowish shade, having an unpleasant smell. They can make themselves felt both before menstruation and after them.
- Gonorrhea. In this venereal disease, yellow mucus appears before menstruation. It contains purulent clots. In the vaginal cavity is constantly felt severe itching and burning.
Additional symptoms of the disease
When pathological microorganisms and infections affect the genital tract, the woman faces a number of unpleasant symptoms. Signs of gynecological diseases, provoking yellowing of vaginal secretions before menstruation:
- Pain while urinating.
- Itching sensation in the vagina.
- Burning. Strong burning is characterized by trichomoniasis. Mucus with this disease has the smell of rotten fish.
- The occurrence of discomfort in the ovaries.
- Inflammation of the genital tract.
- Unpleasant smell of mucus before menstruation.
If more than two signs from this list make themselves felt, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor.
Treatment of colpitis
The best prevention of colpitis is regular hygiene of the genital organs. Also not superfluous would be periodic douching with potassium permanganate.
If the symptoms of this disease are manifested, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist. He will prescribe a drug therapy, without which it is impossible to cure colpitis. Antibiotics that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects:
- Neo-Penotran Forte.
- Unidox Solutab.
Since the development of colpitis provokes the vital activity of the disease-causing fungus, treatment and sexual partner are also supposed.
Therapy involves not only complex, but also local effects. Women with colpitis, gynecologists recommend the use of anti-inflammatory vaginal suppositories.
When the vaginal microflora normalizes, the discharge will become transparent. After treatment, it is recommended to check the composition of microflora. If it does not contain pathogens, it is possible to judge successful therapy.
To always stay healthy, a woman must respond to any changes in vaginal secretions in a timely manner.
In some cases, yellow discharge may be replaced by brown. Often this is noted in the initial stages of using oral contraceptives. In the first 2-3 menstrual cycles, these phenomena are considered as a variant of the norm. If, after a specified period, they do not disappear on their own, the woman should consult a doctor to review the dosage or select another drug. In this case, the woman must strictly comply with the regimen and dosage.
Yellow discharge with blood
A yellow discharge with blood is more often noticed by women after the installation of an intrauterine contraceptive device (helix). Doctors regard this phenomenon as the norm - the female reproductive system gets used to the foreign body, trying to get rid of it and increasing the amount of secretions. Almost all women using the IUD, noted an increase in menstrual blood and the duration of menstruation. Spotting, not associated with menstruation, there are 1-2 months. In the case of longer duration, a revision of the contraceptive method is required.
Discharge with delayed menses: the norm and pathology
Vaginal discharge sometimes disturbs some girls and women. This situation has a different etiology. По характеру и цвету некоторых выделений можно предположить различные заболевания половых органов, другие являются нормальным физиологическим процессом.
К последним относятся выделения при задержке месячных. Проявления не являются опасными и свидетельствуют о наступившей беременности. В другой ситуации можно предположить сбой в организме женщины.
Поставить точный диагноз и определить характер подозрительных явлений поможет врач-гинеколог.
Irina Kravtsova: “Girls, this is a miracle! I finally found a working way to FULLY get rid of DAMBERS. ”Find out the way.”
The nature and color of the discharge
Discharge with delayed menstruation for a period of 4-6 days or more should alert the girl. In the first place we can assume the conception. It should conduct a test that determines the presence of pregnancy.
If the test is negative, usually suggest a delay associated with the individual characteristics of the organism, the presence of disease, stressful situations, age and other causes. Perhaps the delay caused hypothermia or the use of drugs.
Most often, a woman with a delay is faced with such manifestations:
- completely transparent
- transparent with a pinkish or yellow color,
- dark brown or brownish,
- waving bloody
- pure white.
Color is subtle or saturated. Secretion from the vagina sometimes takes on a mucous character, but there may be a discharge thick, cheesy, watery, as if the water is flowing.
For different states of the body during the delay of menstruation, the appearance of a certain type of secret from the vagina is characteristic.
When menstruation does not occur, and the smearing composition of brown is highlighted, it is worth worrying and immediately contact the antenatal clinic. This phenomenon sometimes indicates a hormonal imbalance, the presence of microtrauma or other pathologies.
It is worth paying attention to such factors:
- if there were unprotected sexual intercourse, the brownish manifestations during the delay may indicate ectopic pregnancy,
- in puberty in girls, and in mature women before menopause, brownish discharge during a delay is considered the physiological norm,
- it happens that brown daub appears after surgery, previous birth or abortion,
- it is necessary to pass smears for the presence of inflammation and infectious pathogens,
- do not exclude the effects of constant stress, mechanical abdominal trauma, toxic effects of certain substances.
Light brown discharge with a short period of delay sometimes indicate a hormonal failure in the body, then menstruation will come in 5-7 days.
In adolescent girls, the smearing manifestations of a brownish hue before menstruation are considered the physiological norm for 1.5-2 years after the first menstruation.
The easiest way to GET IMMEDIATE the first time
Galina Abramova could not get pregnant for more than a year, and now she is a happy mother! “How she did it.” " - you ask. We found her article for you, in which she shares it in a simple and effective way. Read more ...
If the spotting dark color with the delay of menstruation is over, and menstruation has not come, you should suspect successful fertilization. In pregnancy, this situation indicates the fixation of the ovum on the wall of the uterus. If the test is positive, but the period still began, there is a risk of pregnancy with pathology or ectopic.
Brownish manifestations together with delayed menses sometimes indicate endometriosis, uterine myoma, ovarian cyst.
The appearance of bright bloody discharge after menopause indicates the presence of a tumor of a benign or malignant nature. Such a sign should cause concern to the woman, she needs to undergo a thorough examination.
Causes of whites from the vagina during menstruation are associated with gynecological pathologies, thyroid malfunction, and nervous tension. During pregnancy, at its onset, a white discharge is usually accompanied by other signs of conception, such as an increase in appetite, tingling of the chest, frequent visits to the toilet.
The appearance of white color of the discharge on the background of the delay often indicates inflammation. Adnexitis can be assumed when, in addition to whiter and cycle disturbances, the following symptoms occur:
- pain in the lower abdomen,
- temperature increase up to 39 degrees
- pain when urinating,
- abdominal distention, nausea.
Abundant whitish discharge, reminiscent of the sour cream, sometimes are a sign of the onset of pregnancy. At this time, a cervical protective cap is formed, which further protects the embryo and uterus from infections.
The rich opaque whitish color of the curd consistency speaks of the development of thrush. Before menstruation, the immune forces of the body are reduced, it is at this time that candidiasis worsens, especially during a delay.
White manifestations with a delay are sometimes the result of an infection or a cold.
Leucorrhea of light color, together with a delay, sometimes speak of a malfunction of the adrenal glands, pituitary, ovaries, and thyroid gland.
Most often, the situation with a delay with white discharge reflects the fact that menstruation should begin soon, and the girl simply has a cycle failure. Such a delay is often caused by severe mental or physical exertion, overstrain of the nervous system, emotional disruption, and other similar causes.
Yellow manifestations on the background of menstrual imbalance indicate a number of infectious diseases or acute inflammatory process. The following pathologies are suggested:
- bacterial vaginitis - characterized by, except for discharge, itching and burning of the genitals, pain during sex,
- acute colpitis - a yellow secret causes swelling, itching, a woman feels sore abdomen and lower back,
- cervical erosion - a small amount of yellowish discharge is complemented by traces of blood immediately after intercourse,
- Chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis - the yellow composition is explained by pus with an unpleasant odor, there is also a burning sensation, severe itching, redness of the genitals,
- allergic reaction to synthetic underwear, pads, tampons - discharge yellowish with severe irritation.
In case of discharge of this type against the background of a delay, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity, since any of the described situations requires immediate qualified treatment.
Causes of delay in normal discharge
Transparent watery manifestations resembling water mucus, if there is no smell, the secret of a small volume, liquid in consistency, is considered the norm. Whitish discharge and delayed monthly bleeding with a negative test result is due to external factors. They are:
- often repeated stress
- adherence to mono diets, fasting,
- a sharp decrease in body weight,
- Excess physical and mental stress
- antidepressant use
- moving to a new place of residence,
- change of time zones,
- bad ecology,
- treatment with hormones, antibiotics,
- allergic to detergents
- non-compliance with personal hygiene,
- regular use of nicotine and alcohol
- hereditary disposition.
Among other things, diseases of other organs, such as diabetes mellitus, inflammation of the urinary system, appendicitis, problems with the stomach and intestines, affect the delay in secretions.
In these situations, in the opinion of many women, the normal cycle returns after eliminating the cause, at the same time the discharge disappears. But if the monthly does not come for 5-6 days, you need to visit the gynecologist's office.
How much delay can be
Doctors-gynecologists allow the shift of menstruation by 2-3 days compared with the previous month, at this time there may be a liquid discharge. The vaginal secret is homogeneous, does not cause pain.
Delay for 1-3 days - in the presence of transparent discharge without odor does not always indicate the presence of a serious violation. Itching, burning of the skin should be absent, the lower abdomen sometimes pulls like with premenstrual syndrome.
4-7 days delay - the shift of the cycle for a week can talk about a minor failure, and pathology.
10-14 days delay - such a lack of monthly bleeding needs to be diagnosed, timely therapy helps to prevent serious diseases of the genital organs.
You should not wait when the delay is more than 5-7 days and the discharge will be held independently. Cycle failure is not necessarily associated with serious pathology, so visits to the gynecologist should not be afraid.
Ask a free question to the doctor
Why does yellow discharge appear before, after and instead of menstruation?
On the state of women's health can be judged by the duration of the cycle and the nature of premenstrual secretion. A regular cycle and the absence of gynecological pathologies suggest reproductive functioning. Yellow discharge before menstruation is the result of preparing the body for critical days. However, in some cases, their appearance is associated with dangerous diseases.
Bleach with a yellow tint before menstruation
Before the expected arrival of critical days, women almost always have more discharge, but in most cases the normal color of the vaginal discharge is milky white.
The yellowish shade of whiter is a small admixture of blood cells, therefore, most often, yellow discharge before menstruation may appear with the following variants of pathological conditions:
- Endometrial hyperplastic processes (intrauterine changes are manifested by cycle irregularities),
- Chronic endometritis (against the background of inflammation in the uterus, blood enters the vagina before the onset of menstruation),
- Endometrioid disease (hemophysis before and after critical days is an important symptom of the disease),
- Uterine leiomyoma (nodes in the uterine wall provoke monthly disturbances),
- Cervical erosion (problems with the outer part of the cervical surface are manifested by scant bleeding)
- Colpitis (vaginal inflammation accompanied by leftovers with an unpleasant odor).
Minor amounts of blood can enter the vagina in the first weeks of pregnancy: the white without odor is white before the menstrual period, as a symptom of implantation (a fertilized egg is attached to the uterine wall). Regardless of the severity and color range of vaginal discharge, you should visit a doctor to identify the possible causes of blood impurities in the blood.
Yellowish leucorrhoea after menstruation
Normally, after menstruation, a woman should not be disturbed by vaginal discharge. The detection of problems after the end of critical days is due to the following factors:
- Chronic inflammation in the uterus and appendages (endometritis, adnexitis),
- Vulvovaginitis (inflammatory process in the lower parts of the reproductive organs),
- A polyp in the uterus or in the cervical canal (a benign neoplasm provokes a violation of the cycle),
- Adenomyosis (endometrioid damage to the walls of the uterus),
- Submucous fibroids (benign node that grows into the cavity of the genital organ),
- Ovarian cyst (hormonal disorders on the background of the tumor).
In some women, poor postmenstrual hemorrhage in the form of yellow secretions is due to the use of contraceptive methods (spiral in the uterus, incorrectly chosen hormonal pills).
The reasons may be varied, so it is important not to try to self-medicate: it is necessary to find together with the doctor the main factor that provokes the ingress of small amounts of blood into the vagina.
Yellow discharge is odorless and not associated with menstruation.
7-10 days after the end of the menstrual bleeding from the woman comes the time of ovulation.
The release of an egg from the ovarian tissue is accompanied by hormonal changes that can cause a change in the color and consistency of vaginal secretions.
In a standard situation, light yellow leucorrhoea of a slimy, odorless and itchy nature can be a sign of ovulation, which bother a woman for no more than 1-3 days.
Monthly problems - instead of blood, yellow leuc
The worst case of menstrual irregularities is when there is no menstruation, the test is negative, and yellow leucorrhoea is expelled from the vagina instead of regular blood. Unpleasant problems in the form of yellowish discharge from the vagina in the absence of pregnancy may be in the following cases:
- Dysmenorrhea (various types of cycle disorders),
- Ovarian pathology (against the background of various types of diseases hormonal disorders occur),
- Diseases of the pituitary gland (pathology of the brain area responsible for the regularity of cyclic processes in the female body),
- Thinning of the endometrium (uterine factor of infertility, manifested by extremely scanty monthly or bright yellow discharge on the days of expected menstruation).
A single episode of the absence of critical days may be an accident, but repeated cases are an unpleasant tendency. The doctor will prescribe a survey with which it will be possible to identify the causes of the pathological disorder of menstruation.
Delayed menstruation and yellow discharge
Against the background of the desired conception, there should be no vaginal hemorrhage - neither abundant, nor scanty, nor yellow.
Delay of menstruation is an important sign of pregnancy: finding a lack of regular critical days, a woman should be tested.
Yellowish whites with a positive result of self-examination are an unfavorable factor. Even a small number of blood cells entering the vaginal discharge indicates a risk:
- missed abortion
- threatened miscarriage on a short time,
With or without the smell of an unpleasant odor, yellow discharge with a delay - this is the reason for an urgent appeal to the doctor. With timely identification of problems and early initiation of therapy, pregnancy can be maintained by bearing and giving birth to a healthy baby.
Detection of whiter with a yellow tint before and after menstruation is a good reason to visit a gynecologist. After examining and identifying the cause, the doctor will give advice on getting rid of the discomfort.
Hello. Are yellow discharges before menstruation a sign of pregnancy? Inna, 22 years old.
Hello, Inna. The yellowish shade of whiter is a small amount of blood that has entered the vagina from the uterus. One of the reasons is successful conception, so yes, yellow leucorrhea can be a sign of pregnancy.
But the changed color of vaginal discharge may be on the background of various gynecological diseases.
It is optimal to consult a gynecologist for examination (it will be good, both to confirm the occurrence of pregnancy, and to identify pathological conditions in the genital organs).
Why may appear yellow discharge before menstruation
The time before the onset of menstruation is a difficult period for a woman, because of a hormonal surge, side effects may occur, such as nausea, drowsiness, mood variability and changes in the volume of mucous discharge from the vagina. Often, mucus can change color from clear to yellow discharge before menstruation.
The reasons for this phenomenon are the remnants of urine on the laundry after going to the toilet or the effect of hormones on the body, stress.
Signs of yellow discharge before menstruation are blotches of white, pus, blood or clots. There are many diseases, the main symptom of which is such a deviation.
Endocrine diseases are often accompanied by abnormalities in the work of the female genitals. Due to hormonal disorders, the amount of discharge may increase, their color may vary.
If this phenomenon occurs on an ongoing basis, you need to contact an endocrinologist and pass blood tests for the amount of hormones, perhaps there is a deviation in the thyroid gland.
Sometimes the cause of yellow discharge and delayed menstruation can be oral contraceptives. In this case, you need to consult with an endocrinologist about their replacement.
The inflammatory process of the uterus adnexitis
Adnexitis is a unilateral or bilateral inflammation of the uterus, which can lead to serious complications, such as infertility, pregnancy complications, etc. The women under 30 are most susceptible to the disease.
- Many partners for sex.
- Having sex during menstruation.
- Sex acts without a condom.
- The presence of inflammatory processes.
- Frostbite and hypothermia.
- Weak immunity.
The main symptom is abdominal pain and the appearance of a secret yellow, green or gray. In addition, it is possible painful and frequent urination.
A urinalysis, blood test, a test for tuberculosis, smears are taken for diagnosis, an ultrasound is done. The treatment may prescribe vitamins, anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers, and others at the discretion of the doctor. Often assigned to the diet, which means the exclusion of food, which can provoke allergic reactions.
Delayed menses and yellow discharge
Any changes in the body of a woman need to pay attention, since such phenomena do not just pass.
Usually the formation of yellow discharge a week before or after menstruation is the main symptom of the inflammation process.
If there is no menstruation, and instead of it there are discharge, it is a dangerous sign that may indicate the presence of colpitis, STDs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or it is a sign of an allergic reaction.
When the yellow highlights are not abnormal?
В том случае, когда выделения приобретают желтое окрашивание, но не вызывают дискомфорта, а также не имеют запаха, то, скорее всего, их следует относить к нормальным. Дело в том, что причиной такого состояния может стать изменение гормонального фона, сильный стресс, или прием контрацептивов. However, after sexual intercourse, in which the seed secretion has entered the vagina, the discharge may also acquire yellow staining.
Before menstruation, during the period of ovulation, as well as during pregnancy, the amount of discharge increases in almost all women, and due to hormonal shifts they may become yellowish at this time.
Abundant yellow discharge
This condition often signals the development of an acute bacterial infection. It can trigger the following diseases:
- The inflammatory process in the fallopian tubes (salpingitis). Develops due to the hematogenous spread of pathogenic microflora from the uterus or other nearby organs. In the acute form, the patient has abundant yellow discharge, pain may appear during urination, swelling is often noted, and after the sexual contact, blood is detected in the discharge.
- Adnexitis (inflammation of the uterine appendages). This disease occurs as a result of infection by the ascending or descending pathways. In the acute form of a woman there are abundant pussy discharge of yellow color, causing strong irritation of the external genitalia. Patients complain of frequent urge to urinate, during intercourse they have pain, and also very painful flow of menstruation.
- Bacterial vaginitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina). This is a disease of infectious etiology, accompanied by copious yellowish discharge, swelling and itching of the external genitalia, as well as pain in the lower abdomen and in the back.
- Urogenital infections (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia). With the development of venereal diseases, excretions also acquire yellow staining, abundant impurities of pus appear in them, and a sharp unpleasant odor occurs. The external genitalia swell, develop severe itching and burning, aggravated after urination, pain during sexual intercourse.
- Allergies also often cause yellow discharge. Synthetic linen, sanitary pads and tampons, as well as the use of condoms can provoke a pathological condition.
Yellow discharge after abortion
Normally, for ten days after an abortion, a woman may have a brownish discharge. This is due to the fact that blood is oozing from the internal genital organs, which, reaching the external genitalia, manages to clot. At the same time, yellowish-brown discharge that appeared after artificial termination of pregnancy can signal the presence of polyps in the uterine cavity. Such benign neoplasms are not particularly dangerous, but, nevertheless, can cause pain in the lower abdomen, especially after sexual intercourse.
Also, the occurrence of this kind of discharge can signal the development of an inflammatory process of an infectious nature, triggered by staphylococcus, streptococcus, Proteus and Escherichia coli. This condition occurs due to a decrease in immunity and activation of potentially pathogenic microorganisms.
What if you are concerned about yellow vaginal discharge?
If the occurrence of yellow discharge is not accompanied by any negative symptoms, then most likely there is no cause for concern. You just have to watch out for intimate hygiene as thoroughly as possible, wear underwear only from natural fabrics, use only proven and high-quality cosmetic and hygiene products, as well as methods of barrier contraception.
In the case when the yellow discharge delivers certain anxieties, causes burning and itching, makes urination difficult, and also is accompanied by an unpleasant smell, urgent consultation is required by a specialist who, after careful physical examination and delivery of all necessary analyzes, can determine the true cause of this condition , if necessary, prescribe treatment.
Yellow discharge after menstruation without odor is completely natural.
There are various reasons why they appear, and they are not associated with diseases:
- Sex without a condom.
- Stress and nervous overexcitement.
- Acceptance of hormones, including OK.
- Allergy to soap, grease, condoms, shower gel, cloth, laundry powder, etc. In this case, the discharge should stop coming out in case of contact with the allergen.
The secret goes constantly, regardless of menstruation, can change color, texture.
With an unpleasant smell
The appearance of an unpleasant odor may indicate the presence of such diseases as:
- Thrush - manifested by the presence of sour smell.
- Trichomoniasis - the smell of rotten meat.
- Cervicitis - the smell of pus.
- Bacterial vaginitis - the smell of a dead fish.
- Most STDs have a harsh, foul odor.
Independently you can take measures: wear high-quality "breathable" underwear, pay attention to intimate hygiene. If the symptoms persist, go to the doctor.
Yellow cheesy discharge
The cause of such whiter can be both an infection and a change in acidity. Usually an increased volume of such mucus indicates the presence of candidiasis.
Usually the development of candidiasis is provoked by a decrease in the functions of the immune system, weight gain, poor-quality underwear, and a change in sexual partners. Sometimes these clots can be a consequence of malnutrition: excessive consumption of fatty, sweet foods, caffeine, spicy seasonings contributes to the appearance of cheesy whiter.
Yellow discharge before menstruation is the norm or pathology.
Gynecological diseases for any woman, the phenomenon is unpleasant, since it is fraught with multiple complications, including infertility.
At the same time, many of them do not manifest themselves until a certain point; obvious symptoms occur when the disease is far from the initial stage of development.
However, gynecologists often assess the patient's health, focusing on the menstrual cycle, its regularity, the state of a woman during her period. One of the indicators of the state of the reproductive system is vaginal discharge before menstruation, during this period and after it.
According to the gynecologists, the discharge during menstruation should be distinguished by regularity, constant intensity, bleeding before the onset of menstruation should be completely absent.
What is considered the norm
A rare woman can boast of full compliance with the norm, often there are situations when before the beginning of the menstrual period there are vaginal discharge of a pathological color - greenish with an admixture of a yellowish tint, whitish, brown or rich yellow.
It cannot be said that secretion is a pathological process, because in this way the body organizes the protection of the genital organs against the effects of pathogenic agents and their excessive reproduction. But normally, such mucus does not cause discomfort.
Before menstrual discharges are sufficiently abundant, but under the influence of body temperature, most of them evaporate and a small amount comes out.
Allocation in the first and second half of the menstrual cycle are different, consider what is considered to be the norm:
- The volume of mucus in accordance with the day of the cycle can vary in the range of 0.06–4 ml / day. Before menstruation, its excreted amount increases, but if the fluid is completely absent, it is also not considered a pathology - a woman may not feel insignificant discharge.
- Often, before menstruation, there is a yellow, odorless discharge, if the woman is completely healthy, or it may be slightly acidic. On the remaining days of the cycle, an unpleasant vaginal odor must be completely absent, otherwise the development of pathologies may be suspected.
- In the middle of the cycle during the ovulatory period, the secret acquires a viscosity and resembles the protein of a raw egg. With the approach of menstrual mucus begins to acquire the consistency of the cream, immediately after the critical days, the secret becomes liquid again.
- During the whole cycle, the mucus structure is homogeneous or with the inclusion of small lumps that are formed from particles of epithelial tissue.
- In the first half of the cycle, a clear or slightly turbid, colorless liquid that is released from the vagina is observed; as it approaches the critical days, it becomes white. The mucus that gets on the linen can have yellow shades against the background of the reaction with oxygen.
- Yellow discharge before menstruation may be the norm, but they should not cause discomfort, cause itching - unpleasant sensations indicate pathological processes occurring in the reproductive system.
Premenstrual discharge - the norm and pathology
Smearing the secret before menstruation is not a prerequisite, in the norm it can either be present or absent.
Brown discharge before menstruation indicates the beginning of the separation of epithelial cells, this process is gradual and can be observed either immediately before the menstrual period, or several days before they begin.
However, dark discharge a week before menstruation is often enough to indicate the presence of certain pathologies and may be accompanied by other signs:
- In addition to the “daub”, endometriosis is indicated by intense pain in the lumbar region and unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen.
- With erosion of the uterine cervix, the brown smearing secret can appear not only before menstruation, but also during any period of the cycle, especially when a mechanical effect occurs.
- "Daub" may indicate myoma - a benign neoplasm.
- With endometrial polyps, a concomitant symptom is a significant pain in the lower abdomen.
Women need to consider that the nature of the secret before menstruation can change in accordance with the day of the cycle.
After menstruation, the appearance of mucus of a light brown color is considered normal, since during this period the final elimination of epithelial cells from the uterus occurs.
Yellow discharge as a sign of pathological processes
Now consider the situation when yellow discharge before menstruation is a symptom of the disease process. Of great importance is the consistency of such a secret, if it is similar to jelly and contains small clots, we can talk about the norm.
You should also pay attention to the accompanying signs - you can talk about gynecological pathologies when the yellow discharge before menstruation is accompanied by:
- An unpleasant smell burning and pain in the process of urination - with a combination of symptoms, we can talk about nonspecific vulvovaginitis, which develops on the background of unsuitable hygiene or with its excess. Also, with bacterial vaginitis, mucus consistency changes in colpitis - it acquires a noticeable thickness.
- Painful sensations in the process of copulation, which is characteristic of erosion of the uterine cervix. Violation of the cycle also indicates erosion, a brown secret in its middle, pain during urination. At accession of an infection allocation yellowish, with impurity of pus.
- High fever, intoxication, soreness in the lower section of the abdomen, chills - the development of salpingitis, accompanied by inflammatory processes in the ovary, uterus, bladder. In the acute form of the disease is characterized by general weakness and pain that occurs in the abdomen, lumbar region, giving way to the rectum. From the vagina stands out yellowish serous-pus-like mucus.
- Discomfort in the abdominal region, the appearance of cysts and adhesions, the development of infertility, a violation of the cycle - this means that the likelihood of adnexitis is high. Due to inflammatory processes, irritation of the vaginal mucosa occurs, burning. In addition to a yellowish shade, the secret has an unpleasant smell.
Yellow discharge peculiar to venereal pathologies. Chlamydia is characterized by an admixture of pus in them, burning and itching.
The secret secreted in trichomoniasis is characterized by a yellow color with a greenish tint and bubbles, accompanied by the smell of rotten fish, a strong itching of the genital organs and their redness.
In gonorrhea, there may be no obvious symptoms, but more often, stinging, burning sensation, and increased urge to urinate. In the yellow mucus secreted from the vagina, there is pus, there is a rotten fishy smell.
It is not excluded that the cause of yellow mucus is not natural processes and not hidden pathologies - allergic reactions to linen made of synthetic materials and means for intimate hygiene can also cause a secret, redness of the external genital organs is observed, burning, itching occurs. There is no unpleasant smell.
Does the discharge indicate pregnancy?
A gynecological examination and additional examinations, including the selection of a smear for analysis, may be assigned to an ultrasound scan, computer diagnostics, and other measures to determine the exact cause.
We must not forget about another possibility - there is a perception that discharge before menstruation is a sign of pregnancy. This is a rational grain, because fertilization of the egg changes the level of progesterone.
This hormone is responsible for the correct development of the embryo during the first three months of gestation. During the period, the secreted secret is distinguished by an increased thickness and yellowish tint.
Does not change the volume of mucus.
It should be remembered that not only the hormone is able to cause the secretion of a yellow secret. The reason may be hidden infections.
When a woman is pregnant, there are numerous hormonal changes that can disrupt the functionality of many systems and provoke an exacerbation of chronic diseases. First of all, immunity is reduced, pathogenic microorganisms begin to actively proliferate. A frequent consequence of pregnancy becomes vaginitis, thrush.
To determine exactly what triggered the secretion of a specific secret, the test that determines the pregnancy will not interfere. If it develops normally and the infection is absent, we can expect the cessation of yellow secretions three months after conception, when progesterone levels begin to decline.
What to do when a suspicious discharge
Given that the discharge can be both normal and pathological phenomenon, much attention should be paid to their own feelings. You will need to decide on the phase of the menstrual cycle. The following possible actions are:
- if there are no signs of pathological processes, and the appearance of a yellow secret falls on the second phase of the cycle, you can calm down and expect the onset of menstruation,
- if there is a delay, a pregnancy test is required,
- when, in addition to mucus, itching, burning or soreness occurs, a visit to the gynecologist is necessary,
- analysis of sexual intercourse of the last three months will not interfere - the incubation period of certain sexually transmitted diseases lasts so long
- if the reason is an allergic reaction, it will be necessary to exclude allergens - to replace linen, giving preference to natural materials, to abandon daily pads, to perform hygienic procedures using only warm water twice a day. You may need to take antihistamines and use local agents.
If diseases are detected during a gynecological examination, it is necessary to conduct a full-fledged therapy. The danger of not completely cured infections - their flowing into the chronicle and the possibility of damage to other organs.
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and click Ctrl + Enterand we will fix everything!
Why yellow discharge instead of menstruation?
Chronic diseases: not listed
Hello, I have been dating my boyfriend for over a year, I started to have sex life two months ago. Last month, the delay was a week, I was very frightened that I was pregnant, although my chest and lower abdomen were very sick, as before these days. Today, the delay is the second day, and the discharge is yellow, the lower abdomen, lower back and chest are very sore, as if they are about to come. Sex was unprotected two days ago, and also unprotected after the last menstrual periods, the guy did not finish inside, the cycle basically allowed. I cannot go to the doctor until I can go to another country to study. What could it be?
Tags: yellow discharge instead of monthly, instead of monthly yellow discharge, instead of monthly yellow discharge that is
Related and Recommended Questions
Delayed monthly 6 days Doctor! Repeatedly used your advice - thanks.
Pulls the lower abdomen and chest aches I have a sore and pulls the lower abdomen, and this hurts me.
Delay and yellow discharge Cycle 30-31 days last menstruation was 30.04. 15.05.
It hurts the lower abdomen and chest I am on discretionary leave to care for a child up to 3.
No monthly 40 days I am 15 years old, I do not have 40 months, is this normal? I.
Abundant discharge and delay In the middle of the cycle, on August 13 and 14, the PA was interrupted.
Pregnancy, delay, big belly I have a question, I am 25 years old, sex life is regular.
Коричневые выделения после месячных Месячные начались 2 февраля, должны были закончиться.
Беременность ли это? Подскажите пожалуйста, что со мной! Вобщем, история такая.
Болят соски и грудь Болит грудь и соски. Параметры грудь — 89, под грудью — 74. месячные.
Задержка месячных тянет низ живота У меня проблема. У моей девушки задержка месячных.
Pain in the lower abdomen and chest. Hurt the mammary glands and lower abdomen, did a pregnancy test.
Do not forget to evaluate the answers of doctors, help us improve them by asking additional questions on this topic .
Also do not forget to thank the doctors.
Hello. Infection is possible. It is necessary to make a smear on the flora and pass tests for STIs. They often appear before menstruation. Without determining the cause of treatment is not assigned. Health to you! Sincerely, E. V. Molchanova
June 26, 2014. Ukrainian military killed 10 month old baby
Monthly approximately appear in 11-13 years, and from the first day of their beginning a report of the menstrual cycle is kept. According to medical data, the cycle duration is 28 days, but only the doctors themselves say that there is no exact figure. Every woman has everything in its own way.
The name "monthly" came to us from the Latin language. The original and exact name of them "menstruation." If you make an accurate translation into Russian, it will sound like a regula or monthly. They have to come on certain days, and if there is a delay, it is possible that the woman became pregnant, or there were diseases.
Monthly - this is a bloody discharge, only the blood is slightly different from the one that is in the vessels. It is a bit dark and contains mucus, and often clots (these are the layers of the endometrial layer).
If, over time, a woman becomes accustomed to and calmly treats bloody discharge, then the appearance of yellow discharge before menstruation, or if they are instead of bloody, then this is alarming.
The female body is so constituted that there are constantly any discharge. Such is the secretory function of the reproductive system. The vagina is thus moistened and self-cleaning. In addition, it is a good protection against infections. For the first time in girls, clear discharge appears two days before menstruation. This is mostly whiter.
- The plasma and lymph that has passed through the mucous membrane of the genital organs and has passed through the vessels
- Desquamated epithelial cells,
- The secret of the sweat and sebaceous glands of the vulva,
- Fragments of destroyed cells and microorganisms.
In the normal microflora of the vagina there are lactic acid bacteria (Doderlein sticks) and other conditionally pathogenic microorganisms (staphylococcus, fungi and others).
To determine when the discharge to menstruation is normal, you can on the following grounds:
- Their number (normally, when they are no more than 2 mm)
- By color (they are slimy, a bit like egg white or rice water),
- By smell (it should not be either must be slightly sour),
- Wednesday is important (normal if it is acidic),
- There should be no discomfort (itching, burning, any pain).
Sometimes similar allocations happen instead of monthly. Most likely this is either a delay or a woman is pregnant.
Normally, the selection is transparent. But how to treat, if before the menstruation appeared yellow discharge?
Are yellow secretions dangerous before menstruation?
If before menstruation yellow or yellowish discharge began to appear, then it is necessary to take a closer look at them. Very often this is the main symptom of an infectious disease or inflammatory process.
- Bacterial vaginitis. The discharge is not just yellow before menstruation, but also accompanied by severe itching, burning, and pain during intercourse,
- Kolpit. The discharge is yellow, accompanied by swelling and itching from the external genital organs. There may be back pain in the lower abdomen. Even more dangerous if such discharge occurs instead of menstruation,
- Hernia cervix. The discharge is scarce, yellowish. After intercourse are possible with an admixture of blood,
- Salpingitis. If the form is acute, then the discharge is not only yellow, but also abundant. If the form is chronic, then - scarce. Sexual intercourse passes with pain and bloody discharge. Before menstruation and during their always severe pain, poor appetite and painful urination,
- Adnexitis. If the form is acute, then before the menses discharge yellow and pussy. In chronic form - scanty, but at the same time pronounced irritation on the external genital organs,
- Chlamydia. The discharge is purulent, yellow and has an unpleasant odor. There is severe itching in the vagina, during intercourse of pain, urination, burning sensation,
- Trichomoniasis. The discharge is not just yellow, a little greenish with bubbles. The smell is specific, resembles a rotten fish. Genital redness and always severe itching,
- Gonorrhea. The discharge is yellow, purulent and has a greenish tint. At the same time severe itching, burning, while often there is a delay of menstruation,
- Allergies. Yellowish discharge and there is a slight irritation on the genitals.
If such excretions were in a single case, then it is enough to be careful, follow the rules of hygiene, wash with warm water daily (you can use a weak solution of manganese). If this is an allergic reaction, then you need to change sanitary pads instead of the usual old ones, detergents, use cotton underwear instead of synthetic.
When to see a doctor
It must be remembered that if yellow discharge before menstruation appeared before menstruation is not the first time, and there is often a delay, then this already speaks of an anomaly. There are symptoms when you definitely need to see a doctor:
- Allocation to menstruation is not only yellow, but also abundant,
- They have a specific not a bit unpleasant smell,
- Discharges are accompanied by itching, burning,
- There are pains when urinating.
If, after examination, the doctor found that there are no diseases and infections, then it is enough to observe hygiene and get rid of bad laundry. Sometimes a good remedy is douching (but it is advisable to do it as recommended by the doctor).
If pathologies were discovered, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment. Most commonly used drug method. These may be antibiotics or antiviral drugs. The course of treatment depends on the severity of the disease.
If the discharge caused fungal diseases, then both partners should be treated immediately. It can be ointments instead of candles, washing with herbal decoctions, medicines, both in tablets and in injections.
Treatment of pathological discharge after menstruation is necessary. But first you need to establish the reason for which this occurs. All this will help to avoid more serious problems.
Attention! The article is provided for informational purposes only. Do not self-medicate without consulting a qualified doctor. Register to a doctor (through our website for free): We recommend articles on the topic:
- Discharges that are a sign of pregnancy
Vaginal discharge is quite normal. They may appear from time to time for every woman. It all depends on the specific situation, state of health or a certain period. Sometimes the discharge may even indicate the occurrence of pregnancy. These are mostly transparent, sparse discharges without any particular odor, and, most importantly, without itching. The fact is that during pregnancy a woman starts to increase the level of estrogen, so the environment that is formed may be suitable for a fungal infection, for example, thrush. If you have a discharge, and you experience discomfort, immediately contact your gynecologist, do not tighten!
Unusual discharge may not always indicate pregnancy, in some cases they may be a symptom of diseases of the genitourinary system
What is the "rate of discharge" during pregnancy?
Doctors call the "rate of discharge" at an early stage of pregnancy if they are slimy and similar in texture to egg white - just like during the second phase of menstruation. Doctors explain this by the fact that the mucous membrane of the genital organs is capable of producing secretions not only for protection, but also for other functions. Take at least the fact that without it the sperm cell could not move towards the egg cell.
During pregnancy, the body is rebuilt - this is especially reflected in the hormonal background. That is why with thick, opaque and viscous secretions do not panic, because all this is due to the hormone progesterone, through which the embryo is attached, and then the placenta begins to form. On top of that, it is these secretions that form the mucus plug that closes the entrance to the uterus - it, moreover, is able to perfectly protect the future baby from the infection that washes out of the outside world. If the discharge is too abundant or viscous, then you can use gaskets.
Implant bleeding occurs when the embryo attaches to the wall of the uterus.
What is implant bleeding
In the first trimester of pregnancy, the color of the discharge can vary from yellow to brown. If a woman is unaware of her position, she can regard the discharge as the onset of menstruation. In fact, it may be implant bleeding - it indicates that the embryo is attached to the wall of the uterus. Basically, this period falls on the 6th-12th day after conception - just before the menstruation should begin.
Can selections appear from time to time? Sometimes it happens when the activity of the ovum increases. However, a woman is often in pain or cramps. Implant bleeding can be a creamy consistency, and its color varies from yellow to pink. However, we should not forget that this can also be a sign of cervical erosion - it can increase with the onset of pregnancy.
Discharges that are a sign of pregnancy
First of all, remember that the discharge, which is a sign of pregnancy, will never be like a regular menstruation.
Firstly, they are not so abundant.
Secondly, they will never be dark red or brown.
Thirdly, they have a complete lack of dynamics.
That is why, if instead of the usual menstruation you have “strange” discharge, do a pregnancy test, you may soon experience the joy of motherhood.
If the pregnancy test shows a positive result, and after the discharge that was described above, you have started a supposedly normal menstruation, consult a doctor immediately, as this may be a sign of some kind of pathology.
Highlight sign of pregnancy
Signs of pregnancy - discharge
In addition to discharge, thirst for sleep is another sign of pregnancy. Systematically, people who surround you start to annoy you, and, of course, you start to feel sick from any smells. increased appetite. All this is so called "winding up" yourself and your loved ones.
The absence of any discharge in a diagnosed pregnancy is considered normal, therefore discharge is not considered a reliable sign of conception of a child.
Vaginal discharge from a woman is a normal, normal occurrence. The amount and color of discharge depends on the health of the woman. And, often, discharge may indicate early stages of pregnancy. But what exactly signs like signs of pregnancy - discharge can tell a woman that she is pregnant? Often, starting with the first days of pregnancy, the amount of vaginal discharge increases dramatically, but this is not observed in all women. Sparse, transparent, odorless discharge is the norm. But they are far from being “harmless” as they may seem at first glance. The hormone estrogen, namely its level, begins to grow and this environment is favorable for the reproduction of many infections, such as thrush. If you have an itching or unpleasant smell, you should immediately consult a doctor.
In early pregnancy, the discharge may change color from yellow to brown. With such secretions, if there are no other signs of pregnancy, the woman perceives them as usual, not abundant periods. This discharge indicates what happens on days 6-12 after conception, namely, the embryo is attached to the wall of the uterus. During such discharge, there may be cramps and pain. Such implant bleeding appears as a creamy pink or yellow consistency. However, it should be noted that the same color has a discharge during erosion of the cervix, which has the property increases with the onset of pregnancy.
Highlight learn to distinguish from menstruation. Unlike normal, heavy periods, discharge during pregnancy is distinguished by the fact that they are not so abundant. Also, discharge during pregnancy differ only in a few pink drops and spots. The test, which showed two strips, with such secretions may indicate improper attachment of the embryo and the impending threat. Required urgently turn to a gynecologist.
Discharge as a sign of pregnancy
In the first weeks of pregnancy, a global restructuring of the female body occurs. And of course, this is reflected in the emotional state of the woman, and in the nature of the discharge, and in the external changes of the female body. The truth is not all this happens brightly. Vaginal clear discharge is a natural condition of the body. Usually women notice them in the days of ovulation, when the discharge becomes abundant. But in the first half of the cycle they are less noticeable.
What can be a discharge as a sign of pregnancy? When the zygote is attached to the wall of the uterus, a woman can detect small bleeding. But spotting is loudly said. Rather, it is a small pink droplets on underwear. This happens about 5 days before the menstrual flow. This is the very first sign of pregnancy before the delay. At first it may seem that they came early. But literally in a matter of hours, the pink daub disappears, i.e. Similar discharge stops.
The introduction of a dense egg in the uterus is called implantation. The duration of this process is only 24 hours. Therefore, a woman in the arsenal only 24 hours to notice this sign of pregnancy before the delay.
When pregnancy begins, the hormonal background is only beginning to change. Although very active. In the first weeks, the secret of the genitals remains the same. For example, you can not take for pregnancy whitish thick discharge, which appeared in the second half of the cycle. Their consistency is not liquid, but more dense. Such secretions are common for non-pregnant women and are normal.
Another physiological secretory discharge that a woman may take as the first sign of pregnancy is clear, watery mucus when sexually aroused. As you already understood, she has nothing to do with pregnancy.
Some women have a very high desire to get pregnant, especially when it does not work out for a long time. Therefore, they are too careful to monitor any discharge, so as not to miss the very first sign of an interesting position. And ... often make mistakes in their conclusions. What is the selection of knock down their table?
For those who have never encountered thrush, white cheesy discharge may seem like a sign of pregnancy. Yes, during pregnancy immunity is reduced, so that the female body is not alien alien. Do not be surprised that we called the unborn child a stranger to the mother. A zygote is formed from two cells — male and female, which means that exactly half the fertilized egg for a woman is alien. But immunity can be reduced and not in a pregnant state, and therefore there is a thrush. By the way, the culprit is the misconception that the white discharge as a sign of early pregnancy is accurate - the hormone progesterone. It is the vaginal environment that causes it to become alkaline, as it is actively increased in the pregnant body. Hence the thrush. Progesterone is also called the pregnancy hormone, because it produces a yellow body.
Green, brown, yellow, bloody discharge is not a sign of pregnancy. Most likely they indicate diseases and require consultation with a gynecologist. These include discharge with a pleasant odor. Abundant odorless watery discharge usually indicates an allergy that hygiene products or underwear can cause. Pass immediately after removal from use of the allergen.
Brown discharge as a sign of pregnancy
Brown secretions may appear during ovulation. During this period, the level of hormones in the female body decreases and the endometrium lining the uterus may flake off a little. The detached particles of the endometrium come out in the form of brown secretions, which very quickly cease. To say that the brown discharge as a sign of pregnancy may be wrong, since it is not known whether the egg released from the follicle will be fertilized and whether it will be able to reach the uterus with subsequent successful fixation.
Only scanty short-term pale pink discharge in the first weeks of pregnancy can be a real symptom of pregnancy. Obstetrician-gynecologist Marina Slavina
Attention! No medical services are carried out by the Site Administration. All materials are for informational purposes only. The same applies to the advisory section. Никакая онлайн консультация никогда не заменит очной медицинской помощи, которая оказывается только в специализированных медицинских учреждениях. Самолечение может принести непоправимый вред! При любых заболеваниях и недомоганиях обращайтесь в клинику к врачу!
Выделения признак беременности
Vaginal discharge - a completely normal and natural phenomenon for any woman. Depending on the situation, the period and the state of her health, they systematically appear and disappear. However, their appearance may be one of the first signs of pregnancy.
Allocations during this period are different: often their number increases significantly in the first days, although this does not happen for other women. Normal are not thick, transparent, odorless discharge. But, despite their “harmlessness”, it is worth being alert: the level of the hormone estrogen begins to increase with the onset of pregnancy, and this environment is very favorable for the reproduction of fungal infections (such as thrush). Therefore, when itching and unpleasant smell, you must contact a gynecologist.
Discharges in early pregnancy can change their color from “yellowish” to brown. Usually, if other symptoms do not yet appear and the woman does not suspect anything, they are perceived as an early onset of menstruation. This is implant bleeding, indicating that the embryo is attached to the wall of the uterus, which occurs 6-12 days after conception (just on the days of the expected cycle or directly in front of them). Such secretions may occasionally appear again when the activity of the ovum in the process increases. In addition, pain and cramps are possible. Most often, implant bleeding manifests itself in the form of a creamy consistency of yellow or pink color. However, the same color is the discharge, provoked by cervical erosion, which increases with the onset of pregnancy.
Despite the fact that the discharge during the implantation of the embryo practically coincides with the expected monthly, it is necessary to distinguish between these completely different phenomena. In contrast to the menstrual abundant discharge, which is less pronounced at the beginning and at the end and differs in abundance in the middle of the flow, implantation bleeding appears still before the expected menstruation, usually in the form of a few pink (and not dark red or brown) drops or stains and no speakers. If you did the test, and he showed a positive result, and the discharge resembles menstruation, you should immediately contact a gynecologist. This can be the cause of improper attachment of the embryo, which threatens with complications.
It should be noted that the absence of any discharge in the implantation period is also considered absolutely normal. Moreover, it occurs in most cases. But if the discharge appears after a delay - you should consult a doctor to eliminate the risk of miscarriage.
Especially forberemennost.net - Ksenia Dakhno
- cervical erosion
- sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, mycoplasmosis, genital herpes, ureaplasmosis, gonorrhea).
Very often, sexually transmitted diseases are asymptomatic and become chronic. They can provoke diseases of the pelvic organs, as well as premature labor, spontaneous miscarriages, infertility. Under the condition of frequent trichomoniasis, the discharge becomes greenish-yellow. Trichomoniasis can also be accompanied by a huge bouquet of diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea or viral lesions. Subject to the presence of gonorrhea, which is accompanied by a violation of urination, inflammation of the external organs occurs.
Harmful bacteria are activated during a period of colds, when taking a variety of drugs, if you do not follow personal hygiene, if you are allergic to contraceptives, or when wearing synthetic clothes.
What can be a source of infection?
At risk are people with many sexual partners, leading a promiscuous life, while not using personal protective equipment. Most susceptible to the development of infections transmitted during sexual intercourse, it is women because of the anatomical structure of the urinary organs. If the disease already takes place, then a woman will soon notice yellow discharge before menstruation .
Read: Pink discharge before the month
A hidden infectious disease can also appear in a hematogenous way (through blood) from some source of chronic infection. For example, teeth affected by caries can be a source of infection in the body. This may well appear yellow discharge before and after menstruation .
In addition, infection can come from the urinary tract, if a woman has cystitis, pyelonephritis and other urogenital diseases.
If a woman notices yellow discharge instead of menstruation. This may be an indication of the occurrence of pregnancy against the background of an existing infection of the genitals. This is a very unfavorable condition, since antibacterial drugs are prescribed as a treatment, and quite often they are quite aggressive, which is detrimental to the fetus. Therefore, often in such cases, the question of abortion, in the absence of other methods of treatment of the disease.
Causes of yellowish discharge before menstruation
Menstruation speaks about the normal state of women's health. They should be regular, without severe pain. This is an important process in the lives of all women in reproductive age. This is usually the spotting that appears on certain dates of each month. Often, before they start, there is something else. Especially embarrassing representatives of the fair sex, not only their delay, but also the appearance of yellow discharge before menstruation. Gynecologists do not always consider them dangerous, it is often normal. To figure out what they are, you need to understand what the monthly is and when the yellow discharge before the monthly is a threat to health.
A bit about menstruation
When it is time for puberty, major changes begin in each girl's body. He needs to prepare for future maternity. This whole process is based on the menstrual and menstrual cycle.
Monthly approximately appear in 11-13 years, and from the first day of their beginning a report of the menstrual cycle is kept. According to medical data, the cycle duration is 28 days, but only the doctors themselves say that there is no exact figure. Every woman has everything in its own way.
The name "monthly" came to us from the Latin language. The original and exact name of them "menstruation." If you make an accurate translation into Russian, it will sound like a regula or monthly. They have to come on certain days, and if there is a delay, it is possible that the woman became pregnant, or there were diseases.
Monthly - this is a bloody discharge, only the blood is slightly different from the one that is in the vessels. It is a bit dark and contains mucus, and often clots (these are the layers of the endometrial layer).
If, over time, a woman becomes accustomed and calmly treats bloody discharge, then the appearance of yellow discharge before menstruation, or if they are instead of bloody, this is alarming.