Thrush (candidiasis) is a disease that requires adherence to a special diet for a long time. Only this way you can completely get rid of the problem. Any drug will give only a temporary effect, if you do not approach the treatment comprehensively, do not increase the body's immune forces, do not suppress the growth and development of yeast fungi.
- Duration and principles of nutrition for thrush
- List of prohibited foods for thrush
- List of products allowed for thrush
- Sample menu for one day
- Medical nutrition during pregnancy
Duration and principles of nutrition for thrush
The duration of the diet is not less than 3 months, sometimes it takes a year to completely restore the microflora, suppress the fungus, get rid of the disease. Medical nutrition can be combined with drug therapy or practice after it. In any case, it will only benefit.
The essence of the diet - in the use of products with antibacterial and antifungal effects that inhibit and prevent the growth of the fungus. The diet consists mainly of healthy, low-fat foods that are low or full of refined sugar, yeast.
- Exclusion of harmful products that contribute to the appearance of thrush, nutrition of fungi.
- Adding to the diet of beneficial foods that affect the microflora, immunity, promotes cleansing and recovery.
- The use of gentle cooking methods with the reduction or complete elimination of fats. Grilling or grilling is allowed.
- The use of pure water (at least 8 glasses per day). It is better to drink between the main meals in order not to complicate the work of the stomach.
Important! Nutrition for thrush does not imply fasting, calorie reduction, it will only harm the immune system. But the solution to the main problem is often accompanied by weight loss, improvement in overall health, as the diet is rich in fiber, vitamins, valuable trace elements.
List of prohibited foods for thrush
Sugar provokes the development of the fungus, accelerates its growth. Therefore, the first to ban all dishes and drinks with its content. This includes honey, despite all its benefits, jam, syrups, marmalade, all sweets and confectionery. It is forbidden to use any pastries with yeast, bread, fast food, preservation and pickles.
List of banned products:
- smoked meats, sausages,
- carbonated, alcoholic beverages,
- sweet fruits and berries, melons and gourds, dried fruits,
- black tea, coffee,
- cheeses, especially with mold,
- industrial sauces, vinegar.
Any food with a long shelf life is banned, since vinegar, sugar, and chemicals can be most often used as preservatives. The more natural and easier it is to eat with thrush, the faster a woman will get rid of the problem.
List of products allowed for thrush
When thrush is prohibited strong black tea and coffee, but allowed herbal drinks, chicory, you can use broth hips, lingonberries, perfectly suited to the diet cranberry juice. But the amount of clean drinking water does not change.
What is the medical diet for thrush?
- Sour-milk beverages without additives: yoghurts, kefir, yogurt. Butter (up to 20 g per day).
- Vegetables, legumes in the range. This is one of the main products of the diet on a thrush diet. They can be eaten raw or thermally processed.
- Seafood, seaweed, fish. Allowed to cook rolls, but only with the use of natural sauces based on yoghurt, sour cream.
- Groats: rice, millet, pearl barley, buckwheat, oat species. It is advisable to give preference to unrefined cereals. Pasta can be better to choose products from durum wheat.
- Sour fruits, citruses, unsweetened berries in fresh, boiled, baked form.
- Any meat and poultry low-fat varieties without skin. Visible layers of fat, the skin must be removed, ready minced can not be used.
- Greens of all kinds: dill, parsley, sorrel, cilantro, basil.
- Healthy fats: vegetable unrefined oils (olive, flaxseed, sunflower). You can add to food nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkins, sesame.
It is very important to drink fermented milk drinks with good bacteria. One glass of yogurt per day reduces the risk of thrush in women by almost 40%. If the mucous membranes are already affected by fungi, then the product will help the microflora to recover faster. But we are talking about natural yogurt with live bacteria. If the composition contains preservatives, dyes, the shelf life reaches several weeks or even months, then there will be no benefit from such a product.
On a note: Garlic is a strong natural antibiotic. Israeli scientists have shown that with its daily use, the growth of the fungus causing thrush completely stops.
Sample menu for one day
When thrush women have a huge amount of products from different groups. Therefore, the diet is interesting, satisfying, you should not eat the same dishes every day. In order for food to have a healing effect, you should not be lazy to cook your own food. All dishes are simple, boiled on the stove or baked in the oven. A great helper in the kitchen will be a slow cooker with a steamer function.
Sample menu for the day
Breakfast: green oatmeal on water
Snack: green apple or grapefruit
Dinner: green soup with egg, buckwheat porridge with chicken, rosehip broth
Tea time: yogurt, carrot
Dinner: baked fish, fresh vegetable salad with greens, lemon juice and sesame
For the night: a glass of kefir, yogurt or ryazhenka
Medical nutrition during pregnancy
Pregnancy and thrush are often inseparable concepts. During childbirth, a woman's body is exposed to various dangers, and it is during this period that many people become familiar with candidiasis. Drug treatment is carried out strictly under the supervision of the attending physician, not all drugs are safe. Diet during this period is a must. The immense consumption of sweets, preservatives, marinades is unacceptable.
At the first sign of thrush, you need to immediately adjust the food, so as not to aggravate the situation. The diet will not differ from the usual menu for non-pregnant women, but it is worth using citrus with caution. They often cause an allergic reaction. It is necessary to eat more protein foods and vegetables, eggs, cereal breads, meat, and cereals should be on the menu. Additionally, you can drink vitamins.
Mushrooms Candida albicans belong to saprophytic fungi and in small quantities are present in the oral cavity, in the gastrointestinal tract and vagina. Under certain conditions that promote their reproduction, or at lower immunity exhibit pathogenic properties.
With the action of certain drugs, burns, surgical operations, they can cause candidal pneumonia, stomatitis or purulent diseases.
Depending on the location, there are three forms. Surface candidiasis - proceeds with a lesion of the mucous membranes (mouth, esophagus, vagina or intestines). The second form is a surface invasive candidiasis without organ damage and deep, which is characterized by damage to the organ parenchyma.
The most common form is urogenital, the so-called thrush. It develops with a decrease in immunity or after antibiotic therapy. The trigger factor of the disease are pregnancy, climax, wearing tight underwear, using contraception.
In women, thrush appears with burning and itching of the genitals, cheesy discharge, and discomfort during urination. In men, itching and burning of the glans penis and foreskin, the appearance of white bloom on them and pain when urinating.
In the treatment of candidiasis of any localization is not enough one dose of medication or local procedures. A comprehensive approach that implies a healthy lifestyle and adherence to proper nutrition.
Diet for intestinal candidiasis
The first place in the frequency of lesions of the gastrointestinal tract is candidiasis. Risk factors are immunodeficiencies, oncological diseases, AIDS, antibiotic therapy, organ transplantation, allergic diseases in the treatment of glucocorticosteroids.
Intestinal candidiasis occurs with signs of intoxication, the presence of unformed stools, flatulencespasmodic pain in the abdomen. Most importantly, symptoms do not disappear when canceled. antibiotics and following a normal diet. Treatment with antimycotic drugs is effective (Amphotericin B, Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Fluconazole).
Fruit and vegetable puree
With the defeat of the esophagus may occur heartburn, swallowing problems and pain in the sternum when swallowing. The basic principles of nutrition at these localizations of the process remain the same, only they will have to be carried out longer. The defeat of the esophagus limits the intake of coarse food (vegetables and fruits) due to pain. In this regard, it is recommended to use boiled vegetables in the form of mashed potatoes, fruits in the form of unsweetened jelly, pureed meat and mashed potatoes.
The first days, when the expressed pains bother you, will help the mucous rice and oat broths, raw eggs. All dishes should be of a sparing temperature so that they do not provoke increased pain. It is undesirable to use milk during treatment.
In the diet with intestinal candidiasis, you must include:
- Garlic and oregano (in the form of infusion).
- Eat daily 25-30 grams of fiber - some of the vegetables and fruits, and some - with ground flax seeds. They are best taken with water between meals.
- Increase your intake of wholegrain products (brown rice, oatmeal - not flakes).
- Eat dairy products with live cultures regularly or take live cultures (in capsule form) or prebiotics.
- Take B vitamins, which are necessary for the synthesis of digestive enzymes.
- Enter the wheat grass juices (other greens), which are rich in chlorophyll, supporting beneficial microflora.
To avoid relapse, you need to limit sugar intake, avoid stress, and without the need not to take antibiotics.
Oral candidiasis the occurrence is in second place from all fungal lesions of the gastrointestinal tract. The main role in its development is played by the weakening immunity. Its development is facilitated by treatment with antibiotics, steroids and antimetabolites, obesity, diabetesin which a violation of carbohydrate metabolism creates a favorable background.
Acute Pseudomembranous Candidiasis oral cavity is most common. It happens often in infants and has a benign course. In adults, accompanied by various diseases: neoplasms, diabetes, anemia, hypovitaminosis or is an early sign of AIDS. The mucous membrane of the cheeks, palate, back of the tongue and lips is affected. Against the background of redness of the mucous membrane, there is a white bloom (like cottage cheese or coagulated milk). At the beginning of the process, it is easily removed, and in severe cases, the deposit is more dense and is removed with difficulty, exposing the eroded surface. Patients complain of burning and pain in the mouth when eating.
Chronic atrophic candidiasis occurs in patients using removable prostheses and is characterized by lesions of the mucous under them.
The diet at this localization process differs only in the way of cooking: it must be liquid or puree. It is good to include liquid porridges (oatmeal, semolina, rice) and pureed soups.
Restrictions are also imposed on the use of acidic fruits and berries, citrus fruits and tomatoes, organic acids which will irritate the oral mucosa. As your diet improves, you need to expand.
In case of oral candidiasis, the following will be relevant:
- dairy products,
- grated cottage cheese, diluted with kefir or yogurt,
- neutral fruits (watermelon, fresh apple puree),
- non-irritating mucous vegetable juices (carrot and cabbage),
- ground meat and boiled minced fish, souffles and pastes,
- beaten raw egg, and later - egg porridge,
- low-fat and not very salty broths.
In case of recurrent candidal stomatitis, it is necessary to carefully examine and establish their cause, and for the prevention of exacerbations, it is necessary to adhere to the clinical nutrition that is common in this disease.
Candidiasis skin lesions are often localized in the folds of the skin (axillary, inguinal), between the toes of the feet, under the mammary glands, in the folds of the genitals. Red, swollen lesions with vesicles and erosions appear in the lesions. One of the factors in the occurrence of the disease is moisture Candida develop rapidly and become pathogenic. Nutrition does not differ in any features from the generally accepted recommendations.
Thus, the list of food products for thrush includes protein-free low-fat foods (meat, fish, poultry), non-starchy vegetables, seasonings, greens and nuts.
From low-fat meat (chicken, beef) prepare second courses. It is better to boil or bake. It can be stuffed cabbage, stuffed zucchini, meat casseroles with vegetables. Low-fat fish is boiled or baked with sour cream sauce.
Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower
Allowed not starchy vegetables that can be cooked, stew, make vegetable cutlets. The most valuable are fresh vegetables. In stewed need to add spices and garlic. Non-starchy vegetables include eggplant, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Peking cabbage, cress, cucumbers, spinach, sorrel, celery, tomatoes, beet tops. Moderately starchy - turnips, carrots, zucchini. Zucchini, pumpkin, potatoes, beets, squash, Jerusalem artichoke, radish and radish contain large amounts of starch, so they should be excluded.
If you eat beets, carrots and pumpkins, it is better raw, as an additive in salads. In these cooked or stewed vegetables, the sugar content increases, which is not desirable for thrush. Exclude the potato, how high the starchy product is, and if you still decide to use it, then soak it before cooking to remove the starch. In salads try to add germinated cereals (barley, millet, wheat), which are immunostimulants. Sauerkraut colonizes the intestines with beneficial microorganisms, so it needs to be included in the diet.
You can use cereals as a side dish, but with a restriction, since these are sources of carbohydrates (albeit complex ones). The following dairy products are allowed: milk (limited), natural yogurt and bio-kefir. In principle, all dairy products are useful for candidiasis, because lactic acid bacteria inhibit rotting and fermentation in the intestines and are natural antifungal preparations, but products with active bacteria are especially useful. Choose yogurt from a series of baby food (savory, no preservatives and dyes) or cook it yourself from live cultures. You can eat cottage cheese, because it also interferes with the activity of pathogenic flora.
Replace regular bread with no yeast, bake without yeast bread made from whole-grain flour with bran, flax seeds or sesame.
Their drinks are recommended decoction of wild rose, decoctions of cranberries, lingonberries, fruit drinks from these berries, decoctions and herbal teas - plantain, oregano, chamomile, alfalfa. With restrictions allowed green tea.
What not to eat when thrush
In the period of the fight against candidiasis, it is necessary to abandon the sweet: ice cream, chocolate, cakes, sweets, since these products create a favorable environment for enhanced reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. Replace the sweet can be unsweetened fruit.
Also, monosaccharides should not be abused by disaccharides synthesized from monosaccharide compounds: they include sucrose, maltose. The greatest amount of such substances is contained in the juices made from their fruit, sweet fruits - in pears, melons, in berries - grapes, dried fruits, therefore, when candidiasis is required to exclude them from the daily menu.
Favorable conditions for the reproduction of fungi Candida also creates starch, therefore, starchy vegetables should not be present in the menu. Vegetables that provoke thrush include:
All of these vegetables can not eat women with candidiasis. Allowed to use these vegetables only in fresh form and in limited quantities. The best option - their use as an ingredient for salads. In another form, the use of such products should be abandoned, as when boiling or stewing, they increase the amount of sugar, which has a beneficial effect on the development of thrush.
If it was decided to eat potatoes, it should be soaked before cooking. This procedure will help remove most of the starch from the tubers.
In the diet should not be present products, which include yeast. These include beer drinks, kvass, bakery yeast products. In addition to these restrictions, you need to pay attention to the following list of prohibited products:
- canned food
- blue cheese,
- processed cheeses
- sauces made with mayonnaise or ketchup,
- fatty fish
- spicy dishes
- pickled blanks,
- horseradish mustard
- smoked meat
- fatty meats,
- concentrated soups,
- products made with the addition of preservatives, dyes.
All dishes are required to be prepared in a gentle way, completely refusing to fry, since such heat treatment activates the processes of reproduction of fungi.
Another principle of nutrition in women with thrush is a complete rejection of alcohol. This product contributes to the development and growth of pathogenic microflora by increasing the level of acidity of the medium. Of non-alcoholic beverages with candidiasis, the use of black coffee without milk, strongly brewed tea, sweet soda, kvass is prohibited.
Most often there is candidiasis during pregnancy, since the immune system is noticeably weakened. For thrush during pregnancy, a diet should be followed that excludes all foods that promote fungal growth.
Products that cause allergic reactions are banned, since they significantly reduce immunity, which contributes to aggravation of candidiasis during pregnancy. It is necessary to observe daily consumption rates:
- drinking products - 0.15 l,
- meat, fish - 0.1 kg,
- sweet fruits and berries - 0.5 cups,
- 200 grams of gently cooked main dishes and soups.
The remaining permitted products can be consumed in any quantity.
What you can eat with thrush
Food for thrush should be based on the use of low-fat food, enriched with protein, vegetables, which do not include starch, nuts, herbs and spices:
- From lean meat varieties should be cooked boiled and baked main dishes. The best option is the preparation of cabbage rolls, casseroles, stuffed zucchini.
- Low-fat fish fillets should be baked with sour cream sauce. With candidiasis, you can eat eggs, limiting the amount of yolk consumed.
- Vegetables, which do not contain starch, can be eaten fresh, boiled, stewed, made burgers. During stewing, vegetables can be seasoned with spices or garlic passed through a press.
- When thrush is best to saturate the daily menu with eggplants, Beijing and Brussels sprouts, sorrel, beet tops, broccoli, watercress, spinach, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers.
You can eat moderately starchy vegetables, but their number should be strictly limited. Per day it is permissible to use 150 grams of vegetables containing a moderate amount of starch:
In order to quickly normalize the vaginal microflora during a diet for vaginal candidiasis, it is necessary to use sauerkraut. During the preparation of vegetable salads it is required to add sprouted barley, wheat or millet to them. These products have immunomodulatory properties and help the body quickly get rid of thrush.
Cereals can be included in the diet, but in limited quantities, as they are rich in carbohydrates. The best option is the use of buckwheat and brown rice.
Wheat bread should be abandoned in favor of yeast-free. The best option is baking unleavened wholegrain bread at home. In the dough, you can add sesame seeds, flax seeds, bran.
Drinks with thrush will be useful rosehip, cranberry, lingonberry broth, fruit drinks from the listed berries, decoctions and tea from chamomile, alfalfa, plantain, oregano. In limited quantities with candidiasis, drink green tea.
Some products have a beneficial effect on the improvement of the body with thrush. They contribute to the normalization of the vaginal microflora, increase immunity. Therefore, the diet must be built on the following products:
- parsley or dill
- fresh onion onions,
- lean fish, poultry, meat,
- garlic, as it is characterized by antibacterial and antifungal effects,
- olive or linseed oil,
- green onions
- fruits and berries belonging to the unsweetened group: cranberries, blueberries, sea buckthorn, lingonberries, as well as on drinks made from these berries, as they have an antibacterial effect, green apples, lemons, plums are recommended,
- sunflower seeds.
In limited quantities, it is allowed to add mushrooms. However, this product for candidiasis can be eaten no more than once a week, other times it is required to prepare other dishes: it is best to use the fillet portion of poultry meat, vegetables as the basis for them.
During treatment, the drinking regimen should be strictly observed: the patient should drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day.
Is it possible to eat dairy products
Dairy products, including kefir for candidiasis, can be eaten, but there are limitations.
It is useful to eat dairy products, as the lactic acid bacteria slow down the processes of fermentation and rotting in the intestinal area, they are natural anti-angina drugs. The ration should be filled with yogurt without sugar, dyes and preservatives, cottage cheese, cheeses of solid varieties, which include no mold.
As part of yogurt should be active cultures, probiotics. If there are no such products on sale, healthy yoghurt can be prepared at home using a yeast pharmacy. With regular use of such dairy products, the likelihood of developing thrush decreases by 40%, and the rate of treatment increases. This action is achieved due to the fact that probiotics hinder the process of development and reproduction of fungi.
Milk with thrush is permitted, but its amount should not exceed 150 milliliters per day.
To improve the effectiveness of the diet for thrush, it is recommended to take probiotic preparations, which include lactobacilli. And to improve the immune system - vitamin and mineral complexes. After the disappearance of the characteristic symptoms, it is required to maintain similar principles of nutrition, otherwise there is a risk of relapse.
In some cases, women use folk remedies for candidiasis, for more information about this can be found in a separate article on our website.
What is candidiasis?
Thrush is a fungal infection that is caused by yeast-like bacteria of the genus Candida. These fungi are widely distributed in nature and are considered conditionally pathogenic. Their presence is often detected on the mucous membranes of the intestines, vagina, human skin and in the gastrointestinal tract. When certain conditions are created, for example, due to a decrease in immunity, yeast-like fungi begin to multiply actively, displacing the useful flora.
What is a diet for yeast
The occurrence of infection may be associated not only with a decrease in immunity, exposure to toxins or taking systemic antibiotics, but also with errors in nutrition. Food in which there are products with a fermenting effect or a large amount of carbohydrates, creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of bacteria. To prevent such processes, increase the effectiveness of treatment and as a prophylaxis, doctors prescribe a special anti-candidate diet.
What foods kill Candida
The diet should be constructed in such a way that it contains protein and high fiber foods. Meals are cooked boiled, stewed, steamed or baked. The list of approved products includes:
- protein lean meat, poultry and fish,
- non-starchy or moderately starchy vegetables, most of which should be eaten raw,
- condiments that have antifungicide effect - garlic, laurel, oregano, pepper, cinnamon, cloves,
- pickled, sea kale and germinated cereals,
- natural yoghurts, yeast, biokefir,
- lingonberry, grapefruit, cranberry, viburnum, currant, other fruits and berries with a high content of nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants,
- from drinks it is better to give preference to herbal teas, black currant, wild rose, rowan,
- allowed green tea, carrot and pomegranate juices, pure water with lemon.
List of products to be excluded from the diet
Doctors advise to limit salt intake, remove sweets, yeast pastries, fatty meats, and hot spices from your diet. During the diet for candidiasis, you should completely abandon or limit consumption:
- nuts and dried fruits, fruits high in galactose, fructose, glucose, sorbitol,
- exclude products based on yeast - bakery products, pastries, kvass, beer,
- mushrooms and cheese with mold,
- spicy seasonings and sauces - mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, horseradish,
- pickles and marinades, products with preservatives or additives,
- some vegetables and fruits - tomatoes, pineapples, lemons,
- fatty meat, poultry or fish,
- drinks - strong coffee, sweet juices, water with gas, black tea.
It is necessary to comply with the restrictions throughout the entire period of drug treatment and even after the therapy is over, you should not immediately return to the usual diet - it is better to wait 1-1.5 months. The difference in diets for candidiasis in men or women is not significant and comes down to the amount of food consumed:
- During the treatment of thrush, the recommended daily intake of food for women are as follows: half a cup of fresh berries, 200 grams of ready meals (cereals, cereals, soups), fish or meat - 100 grams, drinks - 150 ml. Food should be 60% fiber.
- In the male diet, one should only slightly reduce the content of carbohydrates and proteins to stabilize the immune system and maintain vitality. In addition, nutritionists recommend eating half as much as women’s servings.
- For pregnant women, the list of permitted and prohibited products remains standard. Women breastfeeding are eligible. During lactation, it is necessary to take into account how a child reacts to products and from this build your diet.
Diet for intestinal thrush
Invasion of yeast-like fungi takes place in the oral cavity and in the esophagus, from where the infection enters the intestine. Among the factors provocateurs distinguish: chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, cancer, antibacterial or hormonal therapy, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, fasting. Due to the natural suppression of immunity with candidiasis, older patients are often ill. For treatment use antifungal drugs, means to eliminate associated diseases and diet therapy.
What you need to include in the diet
Nutrition for intestinal candidiasis consists of dairy products, which are considered natural probiotics, fiber, vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin B - necessary for the production of digestive enzymes. Adjust the work of the digestive tract will help:
- natural yogurt with live cultures, cottage cheese, biokefir,
- all kinds of cabbage, including fermented,
- seafood, lean meat, poultry,
- products with a prebiotic effect - leeks, apples, beans, Jerusalem artichoke, artichokes, bananas, garlic dishes,
- whole grains - whole oatmeal, buckwheat, brown rice,
- natural juices from the leaves of spinach, wheat germ, cranberry.
Basic principles of nutrition for thrush
There are many different diets, the purpose of which is to eliminate the fungal infection from the body. The authors of these dietary approaches claim that they are highly effective in eliminating the fungal infection, but scientific studies confirming these data have not been conducted. Almost all of these popular diets agree on one thing - patients with thrush need to limit the intake of starchy carbohydrates, especially easily digestible sugars.
The following nutritional principles for thrush can be distinguished:
Do not hurry. Switching to an antifungal diet is not necessary sharply, since your body can not cope with many simultaneous changes in nutrition. Take your time, learn which products suit you best.
Consider the possibility of taking enzyme preparations with food (these are drugs that improve the digestive process and include digestive enzymes, for example, Penzital). The body's addiction to an antifungal diet usually takes time, especially when consuming new foods. Taking digestive enzymes can help the body switch to a new type of food and improve the absorption of nutrients (nutrients) from food.
Watch for a deficiency of vitamins and minerals, which often develops with an antifungal diet. Scientific studies have demonstrated that a lack of vitamins B12 and D can cause serious health problems. It is therefore very important that your diet satisfies the daily need for vitamins and minerals.
Provide a variety of diets. On the Internet, you can find a huge number of dishes with antifungal diet, so you should not eat the same thing every day.
Follow the rules of the antifungal diet constantly.
Click on the photo to enlarge
Products that can not be eaten at thrush
What can not be with thrush. Antifungal diets limit the consumption of foods containing large amounts of easily digestible carbohydrates and mold. Some products of their prohibited list provide energy for the fungi, others weaken the body's immune system, and still others harm the digestive tract.
High Sugar Fruits
High sugar content in fruits is a good source of energy for fungi. Therefore, all antifungal diets limit their use, and sometimes even prohibit. Bananas, fruit juices, grapes, mangoes are especially dangerous in this regard. It is also forbidden to eat raisins and other dried fruits.
Sugar content in 100 g of fruit
Cereals rich in gluten
Gluten in some people can disrupt the work of the digestive system, leading to distention of the intestines, indigestion and abdominal cramps. It can also irritate and weaken the intestinal wall. People with thrush are advised to avoid eating foods that contain large amounts of gluten, which include wheat, barley and rye.
Patients with a fungal infection are recommended to limit the consumption of red meat. The use of processed meat products should be abandoned altogether, as they contain dextrose, nitrates, sulfates and sugars - substances that weaken the immune system, harm the liver and promote excessive growth of fungi in the body.
The use of smoked meat and fatty meats is not recommended.
Large species of fish (such as tuna or swordfish) contain large amounts of heavy metals and other harmful substances. Therefore, it is best to use small fish - herring, sardines.
The use of most dairy products should be abandoned, as they contain large amounts of carbohydrates (for example, lactose) and are difficult to digest in the body. To forbidden belong cheeses, milk, cream.
Nuts and Seeds
Some nuts contain mold that is harmful to people with thrush. Peanuts, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, and oils made from them should be excluded from the diet. If the use of these nuts in the recipe cannot be avoided, they should be soaked in an extract of grapefruit seeds, which kills mold.
Many seasonings and salad dressings contain large amounts of sugars that promote excessive fungal growth. It is necessary to avoid the use of sauces, ketchups, mayonnaise, white vinegar.
When antifungal diet is strongly recommended to carefully get acquainted with the composition of the purchased products to avoid sugar. It is usually found in seasonings, soft drinks, sweets, ready-made products. You should also avoid the use of sweetener aspartame, which can weaken the immune system and increase the level of glucose in the blood. You need to abandon honey, maple and corn syrup.
High sugar content in products contributes to the growth and development of fungal flora
Drinking alcohol can cause an increase in blood glucose, disrupt the digestive tract and the immune system, so they must be abandoned.
Drinking alcohol can aggravate thrush symptoms.
Products that can and should be eaten
Any food should provide the body with essential nutrients - fats, proteins and carbohydrates. An antifungal diet restricts the consumption of starchy carbohydrates, as they are essential food for fungi.
Lacky vegetables do not provide fungi necessary for their growth and reproduction of sugars. Therefore, you can eat asparagus, broccoli, eggplant, onions, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, celery, cucumber, garlic, cabbage, tomatoes, spinach. These vegetables are best eaten raw, steamed or grilled.
It is necessary to minimize the use of starchy vegetables, such as potatoes, beets, parsnips, peas and other legumes, especially at the beginning of treatment.
Grilled vegetables: tasty and healthy food
Most antifungal diets strictly limit the consumption of fruits, as they contain a lot of sugars. The exceptions are lemons, lime, avocado and olives. Эти фрукты богаты необходимыми нутриентами и не содержат большого количества легко усваиваемых углеводов.
Мясо, рыба и яйца
Употреблять следует только свежее мясо. Good sources of protein are chicken, eggs, seafood from wild salmon and sardines.
Doctors recommend to give preference to low-fat varieties of meat - poultry and fish. Eating foods should not be fried or smoked.
Herbs, Spices and Condiments
Many herbs and spices have antifungal and antioxidant properties. They also improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation. With the help of herbs and spices, you can taste any dish. It is best to use garlic, ginger, oregano, paprika, rosemary, thyme, turmeric.
Food for thrush in women and men should include fermented foods - kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut. It is best to cook on your own, rather than buying in the store.
With antifungal diet allowed to drink:
- Filtered water.
- Herbal teas - some of them have antifungal properties.
- Coffee from chicory - contains inulin, which helps restore normal intestinal microflora.
Efficacy of antifungal diet
Many doctors and scientists have doubts about the effectiveness of antifungal diets. In their opinion, restricting the use of fruits and vegetables does not bear any benefit to the body. On the contrary, such recommendations increase the risk of developing health problems in the future.
On the other hand, the restriction in the antifungal diet of sugary foods, flour products, processed foods has a positive effect on general health, which may contribute to the elimination of fungal infections.
Scientific research on the effectiveness and safety of antifungal diet has not been conducted.
The author of the article: Nivelichuk Taras, head of the department of anesthesiology and intensive care, work experience of 8 years. Higher education in the specialty "General Medicine".
The importance of diet for thrush
Yeast candida fungi on the mucous membranes are always in a small amount. Strengthened their growth begins when the normal work of the stomach is disrupted. When dysbiosis occurs thrush.
Some foods contribute to the appearance of dysbiosis, and hence the disease of candidiasis.
When dysbiosis occurs thrush. Some foods contribute to the appearance of dysbiosis, and hence the disease of candidiasis.
Note! The appearance of thrush often speaks of a hidden form of diabetes. A complete examination of the body will be the right decision.
Eating enough protein foods. They are not subject to fermentation and provide an alkaline environment in the intestine.
Meat and fish dishes, as well as eggs must be consumed every day. Protein products are steamed or boiled.
Meat and fish dishes, as well as eggs must be consumed every day. Protein products are steamed or boiled.
Vegetables and legumes
In the diet used vegetables that do not contain starch. Eggplants, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, dill, parsley, cilantro - not a complete list of such products.
Most of them contain a lot of potassium.preserving an alkaline environment in the body and supporting immunity. Do not forget about the legumes that allow you to vary the nutrition. Vegetables can be both boiled and fresh.
In the diet used vegetables that do not contain starch. Do not forget about the bean products that allow you to vary the nutrition.
Fruits are allowed to be eaten, as long as they contain a small amount of sugar.
Nutrition for women with thrush should include moderate amounts of carbohydrates. Buckwheat, brown rice, oats - all this is necessary when there is a disease of candidiasis.
Although they have a slight fermentation effect, but cereals contain fiber in their composition. It contributes to the removal from the body of all harmful substances.
Nutrition for women with thrush should include moderate amounts of carbohydrates. Buckwheat, brown rice, oats - all this is necessary when there is a disease of candidiasis.
Products that are prohibited in candidiasis
Some foods in the diet of women with thrush are strictly prohibited. These products have properties that help increase the growth of yeast in the body.
Some foods in the diet of women with thrush are strictly prohibited.
Food in the treatment of thrush should be balanced, but some products will have to be abandoned.
All products made from wheat and rye flour
It can be very difficult to refuse bread and all kinds of flour products. But during treatment, it will be beneficial.
Flour products, especially if they are sweet, cause fermentation in the intestines. The acids formed during fermentation bind many minerals, including potassium and calcium.
It can be very difficult to refuse bread and all kinds of flour products. But during treatment, it will be beneficial.
Candida fungi feed on starch. Foods containing starch have no place in the diet during the treatment of the disease. Therefore, potatoes and bananas are not eaten with candidiasis.
Thrush is enhanced by eating sweets. All pastries are banned. You can not even use products based on fructose. Honey is also excluded from the diet. Sweet fruit is not recommended to abuse.
If the food is obtained by fermentation, then it is better to avoid it. This may be alcohol, ketchup, cheeses (especially with mold), mayonnaise.
Thrush is enhanced by eating sweets. All pastries are banned.
What products must be consumed
In addition to permitted products, there are those that you need to eat with thrush.
Garlic is one of the beneficial supplements to nutrition for thrush. It has long been valued for its antibacterial properties.
When used in the diet of garlic, thrush in women is much faster. Enough to eat 2 slices a day.
Garlic is one of the beneficial supplements to nutrition for thrush. It has long been valued for its antibacterial properties.
If you are not satisfied with the smell of garlic, then you can use it in capsules. Capsules also have healing properties.
Despite the prohibition of milk, the use of some dairy products is not only allowed, but is considered mandatory.
Here is a list of necessary dairy products:
- curd. Despite the prohibition of milk, the use of some dairy products is not only allowed, but is considered mandatory.
It is difficult to overestimate the value of yogurt in case of thrush. He is involved in the process of digestion. Yogurt contains many vitamins that support immunity.
The growth of yeast fungi is suppressed due to the fact that yogurt has a beneficial effect on the mucous membraneby increasing the number of beneficial microorganisms.
When buying yogurt, you should pay attention to the shelf life. It should be no more than 5 days.
The best drink with antimicrobial action - kefir. Doctors recommend using it for candidiasis.
A longer shelf life indicates that it contains preservatives. Such yogurt with thrush can not be consumed.
The best drink with antimicrobial action - kefir. Doctors recommend using it for candidiasis. Indeed, in its composition there is an acidophilus bacillus, which normalizes intestinal motility. With its help, the activity of lymphocytes fighting infectious diseases is increased.
You can cook kefir yourself. The pharmacy sells special bacteria, through which kefir is obtained. Milk, for the preparation of such a product, is used only natural.
The manifestation of thrush in the body of a woman delivers significant discomfort.
Cottage cheese is important for the proper digestive process in the body. Apply cottage cheese in the diet for the treatment of thrush in women is not only possible but necessary. It is used independently, but also with other dairy products.
Drinks at thrush
With thrush, enough liquid in the diet - a prerequisite. It can be plain water and other drinks.
The use of water in large quantities is necessary for any organism, especially in case of candidiasis. When using enough water, there will be regular emptying of the intestines, which will prevent dysbacteriosis. In addition, microbes and bacteria will be leached out with water.
The use of water in large quantities is necessary for any organism, especially in case of candidiasis.
It is recommended to consume at least 8 - 9 glasses of water per day. This amount must be distributed throughout the day.
The first glass should be drunk after waking up. It starts the work of the entire digestive tract. A glass of water is required before any meal. In between meals, drinking water is also mandatory.
There are drinks that are prohibited with candidiasis:
- beer and all alcoholic beverages,
- kvass and all beverages obtained by fermentation. Herbal decoctions are used for tea and coffee for thrush.
Instead of tea and coffee for thrush apply herbal teas. There are many herbs that have an antimicrobial effect and are able to resist thrush.
Among the useful and necessary herbs include:
All these herbs have a tonic effect and destroy the germs that cause the disease. For greater efficiency, apply fees from several herbs. It will help to make such a collection doctor who treats herbs.
For greater efficiency, apply fees from several herbs. It will help to make such a collection doctor who treats herbs.
Caution! Herbal decoctions can only be drunk with the permission of a doctor. They may have contraindications for some people. For example, the plantain has the property to thicken blood. People who have increased blood clotting, can not use the plantain decoction.
All fermented milk drinks must be included in the food.
Dietary Tips for Thrush Recurrence (Prevention)
When external signs of thrush pass, this does not mean that the yeast leaves the body completely. A small amount of them will always be present on the mucous membranes of a woman.
Under unfavorable circumstances, their increased growth may begin. Therefore so prevention of this disease is important. A significant role in this will have proper nutrition.
Under unfavorable circumstances, their increased growth may begin. Therefore, prevention of this disease is so important. A significant role in this will have proper nutrition.
If a woman once had a disease of thrush, then about sweet foods she will have to forget forever.
There are also a number of rules regarding food:
- Bread can be consumed only grain in limited quantities. No more than two pieces per day.
- Vegetables must be in the diet, except potatoes.
- But many fruits will have to be abandoned or consumed in very limited quantities. Grapes, bananas, sweet varieties of apples and pears can cause increased growth of yeast.
Sometimes avitaminosis can cause thrush. therefore in the autumn and winter season it is recommended to eat a lot of vegetables and greens. In the spring, doctors recommend the use of multivitamins.
Sometimes avitaminosis can cause thrush. Therefore, in the autumn-winter season, it is recommended to eat a lot of vegetables and herbs.
All dairy products are not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of thrush.
Daily use of cottage cheese, yogurt and yogurt will help prevent dysbiosis, and therefore protect against thrush. Sometimes kefir can be replaced with yogurt and ryazhenka, so that there is no getting used to the product.
To cope with thrush only taking medication will not work. Great help will provide proper nutrition, which must be applied after cure for candidiasis.
From this video you will learn about the features of the diet for candidiasis.
This video will familiarize you with the nuances of nutrition in case of candidiasis.
This video provides helpful tips and advice on nutrition for thrush.
Causes of thrush
The main reason for the development of candidiasis can be considered a general or local decrease in immunity, when favorable conditions arise for the active reproduction of a fungal infection.
Factors contributing to the occurrence of candidal vaginitis are:
- dysbacteriosis caused by the uncontrolled use of antibiotics,
- poor nutrition
- frequent viral infections
- endocrine pathologies (diabetes mellitus, hormonal disruptions),
- violation of personal hygiene,
- hormonal drugs and much more.
In most cases of fungal vulvovaginitis, women complain about:
- itching of the vulva and vagina,
- white cheesy discharge,
- pain during urination and intercourse.
Symptoms of the disease can be both pronounced and almost invisible. In any case, consultation is necessary specialist and timely treatment, as well as the observance of some rules in the way of life and nutrition for thrush.
Treatment for thrush
Drug therapy for candidiasis can only prescribe a gynecologist after the necessary research.
In addition to the main treatment of the disease, an important role is played by a special diet for women with thrush, the strict adherence to which significantly speeds up recovery and prevents the occurrence of complications and relapses.
Properly selected diet with thrush helps to restore the normal microflora of the intestine and vagina.
Principles of nutrition for thrush
During the period of treatment of the disease, foods provoking the growth of yeast fungi should be excluded from the diet:
- sweets, especially on the basis of sugar and honey,
- pastries, muffins and white bread,
- white rice, pasta, potatoes,
- spicy seasonings, sauces, mayonnaise, ketchup,
- pickles, vinegar,
- smoked meats, pickles,
- aged cheeses, hard cheeses, with mold,
- fast food and convenience foods,
Recommended products and food additives:
- steamed and fresh vegetables,
- low-fat steamed meat and fish,
- cereals (buckwheat, oats, brown rice, barley, barley),
- greens (dill, cilantro, parsley, onion, celery),
- unsweetened fruit and berries, citrus,
- fermented milk products (yoghurts without additives, kefir, ryazhenka, yogurt, bifidok),
- natural juices (apple, carrot, grapefruit, orange, pomegranate and others),
- herbal teas (chamomile, sage, calendula, dog rose, plantain),
- biologically active food additives - probiotics,
- onion, garlic, red pepper,
- whole grain bread and wholemeal bread.
In addition, we should not forget about the need to drink plenty of water throughout the day, this prevents the occurrence of constipation, which is extremely undesirable with a fungal infection.
Also of great importance is the regularity of meals and adherence to the diet during the period of drug treatment, and after recovery.
The proposed nutrition for women with thrush can speed up the healing process and reduce the severity of painful manifestations. However, we should not forget that the simultaneous use of drug treatment, diet and preventive measures is most effective.
How to prevent thrush
- strengthening immunity
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- exclusion of adverse factors and bad habits,
- the use of medicinal substances only on prescription,
- timely treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases of the gynecological sphere,
- intimate hygiene,
- wearing comfortable underwear made from natural materials.
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to comply with all medical recommendations for prevention and follow the principles of proper nutrition, regardless of the presence of clinical manifestations of the disease.
Thrush is an insidious disease that can remind of itself at any time, returning again with reduced immunity and exposure to adverse factors.
Diet for thrush: rules of nutrition, a list of products for thrush
To date, the defeat of the mucous membranes and skin microscopic fungi continues to occur in women and men, and even in children.
Candidiasis or thrush is a disease of the skin and mucous membranes associated with a decrease in the body's defenses. Such a state is caused by active reproduction of Candida fungi, the pathogen is conditionally pathogenic in the microscopic world and causes no symptoms in a healthy person.
With a significant violation of the biocenosis of the skin and the growth of colonies of fungi of the patient begin to torment:
- severe itching and burning sensation at the site of the lesion,
- pain sensations
- redness and swelling of the mucous membranes, such as the mouth, vagina or foreskin,
- the appearance on the mucous whitish plaque, resembling cottage cheese clots,
- unpleasant fishy smell, which increases with the amount of cheesy discharge.
Causes of thrush Features of treatment of candidiasis General principles of nutrition for thrush The need for a diet for thrush - Allowed products for thrush - Forbidden products for thrush
Causes of thrush
To provoke activation and aggressive reproduction of fungi can:
- taking antibacterial drugs or hormonal drugs,
- severe stress,
- malnutrition, especially it affects the development of intestinal candidiasis,
- non-compliance with personal hygiene,
- wearing synthetic underwear that does not allow air to pass through and retains moisture,
- improper use of tampons and pads,
- frequent vaginal douching,
- intrauterine device,
- lack of breast hygiene during breastfeeding,
- sexual intercourse with women during the exacerbation of candidiasis.
Features of treatment of candidiasis
The treatment tactics for thrush depends on the patient's age, sex and, of course, on the localization process.
But, despite the indicated facts, antifungal drugs of local and / or systemic action are mandatory used.
After recovery, it is recommended to adhere to a certain lifestyle in order not to provoke a relapse of the disease and not to create favorable conditions for the development of the fungus.
General principles of nutrition for thrush
Special diets for patients with candidiasis, scientists around the world began to introduce more in the 90s. Medical nutrition not only prevents the risk of recurrence of the disease, but also helps to reduce the severity of symptoms. The recommended set of products should not exceed 2000 kcal per day, which fully covers the energy costs of an adult
The recommended set of products should not exceed 2000 kcal per day, which fully covers the energy costs of an adult. The exception is the men who are engaged in hard physical labor.
In such cases, the caloric intake should correspond to the energy loss of the body.
The diet should include a sufficient amount of vegetables, fruits, dairy products and a variety of crumbly cereals. They contain fiber. At first, patients experience digestive discomfort due to the lack of usual food in the diet, but after a while it passes.
The basic principles of nutrition for thrush imply inclusion in the diet:
- drinking regime - no more than 1.5 liters per day,
- grain products - the main sources of energy and fiber. To maximize the intake of essential micronutrients and complex carbohydrates, it is important to diversify the diet with all kinds of cereals, stale bread and durum pasta.
- vegetables and fruits - they supply the body with potassium, magnesium and fiber. Up to 5 different servings of these products should be consumed per day. A portion in this case is considered to be one fruit or a glass of juice, a handful of dried fruits, 2 raw vegetables or 200 g cooked,
- fermented milk products - they should be the main sources of animal protein and sufficient for the body of calcium. It is recommended to eat 2–3 servings daily. One serving - a glass of fermented milk product or 100 gr. hard cheese
- meat, poultry and fish - they provide the body with protein and magnesium. The diet should include daily lean meat or chicken. Weekly - a few pieces of fish, baked or boiled,
- nuts, seeds and dried beans - due to the high level of proteins and complex carbohydrates, these products provide the body with energy for the whole day. The only limitation is the amount of nuts (not more than 5 tablespoons), since they also include a high amount of vegetable fats,
- Fats and oils - you can add to the main food not more than 1 teaspoon per day.
The need for a diet for thrush
The causative agent of thrush is a representative of fungi that are normally present in the human body, they are on the skin, mucous membranes, and even in the intestines. Their reproduction is controlled by other microorganisms.
Under the influence of adverse factors, there is a rapid growth and an increase in the number of candidates, which, in the course of their vital activity, emit acetaldehyde, a substance derived from ethanol.
Often, patients with a generalized form of candidiasis note, in addition to the main symptoms, a feeling of fatigue and a hangover. Compliance with dietary recommendations not only facilitates the general condition, but also directly affects the speed of recovery, since if you exclude certain foods from your diet, mushrooms lose sources of additional nutrition.
It is worth remembering! You can not stop diet food immediately after improving the state. The best option is to adhere to the recommended diet for several months after recovery.
Prohibited products for thrush
How complicated the modified diet would not seem to be, but it is necessary to exclude from your diet:
- sweets (sweets, cakes, honey, jam, sugary drinks and packaged juices),
- bakery products and other products that contain yeast,
- blue cheese,
- sauces and marinades to the main dishes, which contain acid,
- yogurts with fruit fillings or sugar.
Sample menu for the week with thrush
Nutritional characteristics of candidiasis
Candidiasis is most often manifested as a result of weakened immunity, but there are other reasons that can provoke it:
- Infection of the newborn during childbirth, if the mother is sick. This includes breastfeeding,
- Hormonal disorders
- Frequent and severe stress
- Long-term use of hormonal drugs,
- Frequent change of partners, because the disease is sexually transmitted,
Symptoms of candidiasis depend on the affected area:
- Vagina: white cheesy discharge, itching, discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination,
- Mouth: painful white spots on cheeks, tongue and gums,
- Male genitals: burning, itching and pain, greyish bloom,
- Gastrointestinal tract: decreased appetite, unpleasant taste in the mouth, increased body temperature, pain in the upper abdomen, vomiting with white films and blood.
Do I need a diet for candidiasis
Of course, a therapeutic diet for candidiasis of the intestine and other organs is obligatory for patients, because, together with antifungal drugs, it helps to achieve a speedy cure. Moreover, without a diet, medication treatment is temporary and there is a high risk of candidosis recurrence.
If measures for treatment are not taken in time, the risk of complications such as nephritis, endocarditis and meningitis increases, and fungi tend to spread rapidly and infect untouched organs.
The basic principle of the diet for patients with oral candidiasis is a ban on foods that provoke the reproduction of fungi:
- Sweet fruit
- Carbonated drinks, kvass,
- Non-Natural Juices,
- Fructose, lactose (milk), glucose,
- Sugar (including brown), honey, powdered sugar,
- Any alcohol
- Fatty dishes,
- Pickles, smoked meats, fried and marinades,
- Starchy vegetables - limited.
The diet of therapeutic diet for candidiasis of the mouth and throat is recommended to make from eggs, lean fish and meat, low-carb fruits, non-starchy vegetables and dairy products.
Diet for candidiasis of the gastrointestinal tract: menu and features of therapeutic nutrition
For a quick recovery from the defeat of the digestive tract, you need to follow simple principles:
- The main advantage in the diet is to give protein foods: meat, dairy products, fish, eggs, and fruits and vegetables - to limit,
- In addition to following the diet for candidiasis of the stomach and intestines, it is additionally recommended to take drugs to restore the intestinal microflora.
- You need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions,
- Before using the diet is recommended to consult a doctor.
Diet - table number 4 with candidiasis: an example of a day menu
This table is assigned to the defeat of the intestine, and its menu is as follows:
- We have breakfast with porridge, cottage cheese and tea,
- For lunch, drink broth hips
- Dine with mashed rice porridge, steam meatballs and low-fat chicken soup
- We dine 100 g of natural yogurt,
- We have dinner with steam omelet and jelly.
Diet for oral candidiasis
To restore the oral cavity, it is necessary to exclude the above-mentioned harmful products and include in the diet food that promotes recovery:
- Steamed and fresh vegetables,
- Carrot juice
- Eggs and lean meat,
- Herbal teas
With candidiasis in women
When thrush should be used products with antibacterial and antifungal effect:
- Garlic, natural yogurts,
- Seafood, brown rice, oatmeal and buckwheat,
- Herbal teas made from chamomile, alfalfa or clover,
- Parsley, dill, cucumbers, broccoli.
For candidiasis in men
The representatives of the stronger sex are less susceptible to candidiasis, however, with this disease and they need to follow a diet from 4 to 12 months:
- Do not eat spicy foods and sauces,
- Refuse alcohol at the time of treatment,
- To eat only low-fat dishes, steamed, stewed or boiled.
Doctors reviews about the candidiasis diet
“With thrush the restoration of healthy microflora is of great importance, which can only be achieved with the help of medication and diet. If you use products that are harmful with this disease, then the condition can only worsen. ”
“Of course, skin candidiasis is rare, but if such a disease was diagnosed, the diet will still have to be followed. First, the products it prohibits provoke exacerbation of symptoms, and secondly, the effect of drugs without proper nutrition is less effective. ”
“Thrush can pass by itself without treatment, but in order to avoid complications, you still need to drink medications prescribed by your doctor and follow a diet: it helps to restore the microflora faster, besides it helps to increase immunity, which is important for such a disease.”
Tips for avoiding candidiasis:
- Do not allow casual sex,
- To maintain hygiene,
- Monitor blood sugar levels
- Do not take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary
- Eat right.
Such preventive measures of cadidosis are sufficient to avoid infection or reappearance of the disease.
- No tags
- In contact with
- My world
Thrush in men and women
The correct medical name of the disease is candidiasis (candidosis, blastomycosis, monilyasis), which originates from the causative agent, the fungus Candida species. In the people the problem is called thrush.
The causative agent of the disease - Candida species fungus
Candida fungi are conditionally pathogenic microorganisms that are part of the microflora even in a healthy person. They are located on the skin and mucous membranes. In the normal state, their number is controlled by the body. Under the influence of adverse conditions, the fungus begins to multiply, which leads to the development of the disease.
For physiological reasons, thrush suffers mainly from the fair sex. This contributes to the structure of the genital organs, as well as hormonal changes in the female body. In men, the disease develops much less frequently.
Thrush suffers mainly women due to the structural features of the genital organs
In addition, there is the so-called conjugal thrush, in which the causative agent of the disease is transmitted through sexual contact with a partner. However, the probability of infection in this case is not so great - about 30%.
Classification: chronic, systemic, deep thrush and other forms
According to the method of localization candidiasis is divided into:
- Superficial - affects only the surface of the skin, nails, mouth, external genitalia.
- Deep - often has no external manifestations and other symptoms, but at the same time fungi spread to the internal organs.
- Systemic thrush is the most complex type of the disease. At the same time, the lesion affects several groups of organs, usually the bronchi, the lungs and the gastrointestinal tract, rarely the eyes. First of all, the urinary system suffers.
- Dermal - often occurs in the area of skin folds or in the scalp.
- Allergic - caused by intolerance to any substance, often as part of hygiene products.
Depending on the form of manifestation, there are 3 types of thrush:
- Carrier. In this case, a person is only a carrier of microorganisms. Their number exceeds the norm, but there are no symptoms. This type is rare.
- Acute candidiasis. Symptoms are pronounced, rapid course of the disease.
- The chronic form is caused by a strong weakening of the immune system. Often develops due to the ineffective treatment of acute candidiasis. Symptoms are very weak, but it causes serious harm to the body.
When you need a prophylactic diet
Diet - an integral part of complex treatment of thrush, the main cause of which is a decrease in immunity. Therefore, drugs will not give a long-term effect if you do not start with the main thing - to strengthen the protective forces. And for this you need to eat more vegetables and fruits.
To strengthen the body's defenses, you need to consume more vegetables and fruits.
The next step is the restoration of microflora. When thrush the number of beneficial microorganisms is reduced, so the diet simply requires dairy products, especially yogurt. They contain live bacteria that contribute to the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and make it possible to reduce the risk of disease recurrence by almost 2 times.
Thus, a diet for thrush is an effective way to improve the condition and reduce the manifestations of the disease. Like other remedial measures, nutritional adjustments should not be postponed until later. It is necessary to introduce useful changes into the diet as soon as the doctor has made an appropriate diagnosis.
Principles of proper nutrition: what can and cannot be eaten during candidiasis
Anti-candidal diet is different from weight loss diets. You need to eat fully, and the diet should be balanced, otherwise the treatment will not give the desired effect.
The basic principles of nutrition:
- The menu should include more fresh vegetables. Proponents of a healthy diet recommend eating them only raw, but this statement is very controversial. A large number of vegetables that have not undergone any processing can adversely affect the condition of the intestines. Therefore, it is recommended to simmer or boil them. From fried food must be abandoned.
- Fruits during the diet are welcome, but not all. The main requirement - they should not be too sweet. Therefore, it is better to give preference to green apples, plums, etc.
- The menu should add dishes from lean poultry meat, fish. For a change in the diet are introduced legumes.
- In small quantities allowed nuts and seeds.
- During treatment, you need to eat more fermented milk products, although ordinary milk, too, will not be superfluous.
- It is necessary to refuse fast food. Canned foods and semi-finished products are not welcome - they can be consumed, but not often and in small quantities. It is better to give preference to natural fresh food during treatment.
- Under the strict prohibition of dieting against thrush, everything is sweet. Speech in this case is not only about chocolate, cakes, etc., it will be necessary to exclude even refined sugar, as it promotes the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria. For the same reason, it is not allowed to eat sweet fruits and their juices.
- All foods that contain yeast are excluded from the diet, since such food will also promote the growth of bacteria. Banned bread, pastries, some drinks, such as beer.
- Alcohol at the time of treatment must be abandoned.
Do not worry that the exclusion of some products will cause deterioration of health. On the contrary, such a diet will help to normalize the work of the digestive tract and remove toxins and slags from the body. At the beginning of treatment, dizziness and weakness may occur in men, despite the fact that some types of meat are included in the menu.
Ideal fractional food when food is used in small portions for 5-6 meals (3 main meals and 2-3 snacks).
Additional recommendations when using a diet for treating thrush
- Milk is a very useful product, but some doctors tend to ban it during the treatment of candidiasis. However, no one has yet been able to prove that it provokes the reproduction of the fungus. Therefore, if it is difficult to abandon this product completely, you can somewhat limit its use.
- It should be borne in mind that some products from the list of permitted in candidiasis may be prohibited in any other diseases. For example, fresh cabbage in case of pancreatic pathologies can cause an exacerbation of pancreatitis, and lemon and garlic will worsen the condition in case of a stomach ulcer.
- During treatment, one should not forget about the compatibility of products. Here you need to refer to the principles of separate power supply. Carbohydrates and proteins with each other it is better not to use, as they are poorly absorbed. It is better to combine them with fresh vegetables.
- Every day you need to drink plenty of water. It is better to do this either before eating (at least 15 minutes), or after (after 2-3 hours). The recommended rate is 1.5–2 l.
- При кандидозе кишечника дополнительно нужно исключить из рациона все кислые продукты, например, цитрусовые. They increase the acidity, thereby contributing to the active reproduction of fungi and slowing down the treatment process.
- In case of oral candidiasis, the acidic is also excluded, in addition it is necessary to abandon spicy dishes and seasonings, as well as dairy products. It is best to eat rubbed food at room temperature with a small amount of salt.
This diet should be followed throughout the entire period of treatment. After the disease is defeated, you should not immediately return to the previous diet. It is better to wait another 3-4 weeks.
The above recommendations apply equally to the treatment of candidiasis in both women and men. The difference in diets depending on the gender is, but it comes down mainly to the calorie content of meals and the volume of servings. In the diet of men should be more carbohydrates and proteins to maintain immunity.
Anti-candidal diet during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, some drugs for candidiasis are strictly prohibited. Therefore, proper nutrition becomes the most important in the treatment of thrush.
In the menu during this period you need to include more vegetables and unsweetened fruits, dairy products. You can eat meat and fish, but certainly low-fat varieties, fried is not recommended.
Diet - the main method of treatment during pregnancy
It is especially important to replace ordinary tea and coffee with herbal decoctions. But here you need to consult with your doctor and carefully monitor the condition, as medicinal plants can cause allergies.
During breastfeeding, it is necessary to take into account not only which group the product belongs to - “permitted” or “prohibited”, but also how the child reacts to it. The immune system of newborns is still very weak, so allergies can occur even on those dishes that mom used to eat. Usually, women during lactation, doctors give a list of products that should be abandoned. Potential allergens, even if they are recommended for candidiasis, it is better to exclude from the diet.