The active ingredient of the drug Tranexam is tranexamic acid in an amount of 250 mg, 500 mg, 50 mg. Its share in the composition of the product depends on the form of drug release.
As auxiliary components, Tranexam contains:
- sodium starch glycolate
- calcium stearate,
- colloidal silicon dioxide.
Tranexam solution contains tranexamic acid and distilled water.
Dosage form - solution for intravenous administration and tablets. Tranexam contains 250 mg and 500 mg of the main component in 1 tablet, and in the composition of 1 ampoule, its dosage is 50 mg.
Packed tablets in blisters with 10 cells. Liquid for injection is poured into glass ampoules, 5 pieces in a carton.
Tranexam competitively reduces the rate of plasminogen activation, thereby slowing its conversion to plasmin (fibrinolysin). Contains an enzyme that degrades fibrin clots, fibrinogen and other plasma proteins, including procoagulants.
Tranexamic acid also directly inhibits plasmin activity, but this requires higher doses than to reduce the formation of plasmin.
Tranexam has the ability to reduce the ability of the blood to destroy developing blood clots. In addition, it is used to eliminate inflammation and relieve allergies. An important area of exposure of the drug is to stop external and internal bleeding of various origins.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Tranexamic acid is a synthetic analogue of the amino acid lysine. It serves as an antifibrinolytic by binding 4-5 lysine receptors in plasmin. This prevents the binding of plasmin (antiplasmin) and the degradation of fibrin, while maintaining the matrix structure of fibrin.
Antifibrinolytic action of Tranexam is 8 times higher than the activity of its outdated analogue - aminocaproic acid. Tranexamic acid is more strongly associated with both strong and weak receptor interaction of plasminogen molecules. According to the results of research in the laboratory, Tranexam at a concentration of 1 mg per ml does not have the ability to combine platelets.
Absorption of tranexamic acid after oral administration in humans is approximately 30-50% of the ingested dose, and food intake does not affect bioavailability. The maximum exposure time of the agent is 0.5, 1 and 2 g - 3 hours, and the maximum concentration of the preparation is 5, 8 and 15 μg / ml.
The combination of plasma proteins is about 3% at therapeutic plasma levels. It fully combines with plasminogen, however, does not bind serum albumin. Uniform distribution of the drug in all tissues except liquor (1/10 of the concentration of plasma from). It is found in breast milk, the plasma of the mother and enters the placenta.
As part of the ejaculate, does not affect the vital activity of sperm, but reduces fibrinolytic activity.
Tranexam is distributed from an initial amount of 9-12 liters. Excretion of urine is the main route of excretion of the drug using glomerular filtration. The biological half-life is about 3 hours. More than 95% of the drug is excreted by the kidneys in 10-12 hours. Only a small part of the drug is metabolized (less than 5%).
Indications for use
Tranexam (instructions for use of the drug listed below) is known as a tool aimed at treating the circulatory system. Tranexamic acid is a competitive inhibitor of plasminogen activation, used to control bleeding due to excessive fibrinolysis.
They can be local (prostatectomy or surgical procedures in hemophiliacs) or systemic (thrombolytic therapy). In addition, the drug is used to correct the menstrual cycle with abundant secretions, as a means to relieve inflammation during dental procedures, to prevent blood loss in orthopedics and cardiac surgery.
Tranexam use areas:
- Diseases of the mouth and throat (stomatitis, inflammation of the tonsils and pharynx).
- Allergic skin rashes.
- Peritonitis, shock, preeclampsia, acute pancreatitis.
- Vascular bleeding caused by stimulation of thrombus dissolution.
- Hereditary angioedema.
- The risk of bleeding caused by diseases of the liver and pancreas.
- Verlgof's disease.
- operating rooms
- the recovery period after surgery,
- during pregnancy
- in childbirth
- in the mouth,
- after removal of the prostate gland and partial removal of the cervix.
In people with hereditary angioedema, inhibition of plasmin formation and activity by taking Tranexam can prevent bouts of angioedema by reducing plasmin activation of the first complement protein.
Tranexam (instructions for use of the drug in tablets is described below) is a drug that should not be purchased without first consulting a therapist. Only a specialist can prescribe the correct dosage of funds depending on the patient's condition.
Moreover, the drug has contraindications for people with such diseases as:
- renal failure
- violation of color perception,
- the presence of blood in the urine
- myocardial infarction.
Tranexam is categorically contraindicated for people who have experienced hemorrhage in the subarachnoid space of the brain. Individual intolerance to the components of the remedy is also a serious prerequisite for refusal to accept the remedy, since it can cause a strong allergic reaction and swelling of the respiratory organs.
Tranexam, like other drugs, does not suit everyone. The frequency of occurrence among the side effects of the drug is dominated by skin manifestations of allergy. They appear in the form of rashes, which are accompanied by itching and redness of the epidermis. In some cases, urticaria and angioedema appears.
When using Tranexam in the form of injections, there may be negative manifestations in the work of the cardiovascular system. If you inject the drug too quickly, you may experience shortness of breath and chest pain., and in people with heart disease, tachycardia begins and blood pressure drops sharply.
Taking Tranexam on an empty stomach can cause nausea and heartburn. Also, many patients have a reduced need for food. Failure to comply with the dosage of the drug, in addition to these side effects, leads to vomiting and diarrhea. In particular cases, Tranexam provokes thromboembolism and the appearance of blood clots in the vessels.
Often, the drug is accompanied by a breakdown and dizziness, drowsiness occurs. Affects the tool and organs of vision: note the defocusing and fuzzy distinction of colors.
Instructions for use Tranexam
Tranexam has a dosing regimen depending on the indications for its reception.
Instructions for use in the treatment of various diseases:
- Local fibrinolysis - 1000-1500 mg 2-3 p / s.
- Generalized fibrinolysis - with prior administration of the drug intravenously - 1000-1500 mg 2-3 p. / S.
- Quincke's edema - 1000-1500 mg 2-3 p. / S.
- Inflammation and allergic reactions - 1000-1500 mg 2-3 p. / S. 3-9 days as the patient.
- Bleeding from the nose - 1000 mg 3 p. / S. 7 days.
- Operations for partial removal of the cervix - 1500 mg 3 p / s for 12-14 days.
- Coagulopathy and angiohemophilia - 1000-1500 mg 3-4 r / s 3-10 days.
- Tooth extraction on the background of coagulopathy - 1000-1500 mg 3-4 r / s for 8 days.
- Kidney disease - individual selection of the dose.
Since Tranexam has hemostatic properties, gynecologists prescribe it as a treatment for menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during menstruation). This disease is characterized by severe blood loss (more than 150 ml) and lasts 5-7 days.
Tranexam reduces menstrual blood loss by 26-60%. The recommended oral dose is taking the drug 3 times a day, every 6-7 hours for 4-5 days, starting from the first day of the menstrual cycle. There are few side effects, and mostly they pass unnoticed.
There is no evidence of an increase in the incidence of thrombotic diseases associated with its use.
Tranexam acts to stop bleeding, forming blood clots (microthrombs), thus sealing the vessel. There are cases of use of the drug during menstruation, which is non-pathological in nature, but with a duration of more than 7 days.
Abundant secretions can be triggered by the following conditions:
- Uterine fibroids.
- Inflammation of the pelvic organs.
- Incorrect installation of the intrauterine system.
- Polyps in the uterus.
- Postpartum discharge.
- Unstable cycle in adolescence.
Not each of these conditions requires medical treatment, so you should not take the drug yourself without prescribing a gynecologist. Any pathology of the menstrual cycle requires consultation with the selection of the correct dosage of the drug.
Many women use Tranexam to prematurely stop or delay menstruation. However, taking a remedy for such purposes can provoke a partial detachment of the endometrium, bring down the menstrual cycle and impair the health of the reproductive system.
With uterine bleeding
Tranexam (instructions for use for gynecological bleeding is described below) is actively used to stop uterine bleeding. Under them understand the abundant bleeding, characterized by the presence of clots, and lasting more than a week.
Not only diseases of the genital organs, but also a number of other diseases can provoke them:
- infectious diseases,
- liver disease,
- violations of the vessels and the heart,
- blood diseases
- endocrine disorders.
The main processes causing uterine bleeding are:
- ectopic pregnancy,
- cervical erosion,
- uterine fibroids,
- ovarian cysts,
With abundant uterine bleeding, the product is consumed in 1000-1500 mg every 6-8 hours for 3-4 days. It is ineffective for Tranexam to eliminate blood loss associated with disruptions in the hormonal system during menopause.
Tranexam (instructions for use of the drug during pregnancy is shown below) during the gestation period is used to prevent miscarriage at different times. In addition, the tool is applicable to stop bleeding and reduce the tone of the uterus.
Indications for prescribing Tranexam to pregnant women are:
- bloody issues,
- detachment of the ovum,
- history of miscarriages
- the threat of losing a child
- early aging of the placenta
- aching pain in the lower abdomen,
- inflammation of the reproductive organs
- threat of preterm birth.
Prescribe the drug can only gynecologist who leads the pregnancy. He will indicate the required dose and rules for taking Tranexam. Usually the dosage of the drug is 250-500 mg every 6-8 hours with a weekly intake.
The drug is not recommended for pregnant women, if the following diseases are mentioned among the information about the diseases:
- urinary tract diseases,
- allergic to components of the drug,
- performed blood transfusions.
The use of Tranexam during pregnancy in these doses does not have a negative effect on the mother and child. Studies have shown that the drug does not affect the vital activity of the embryo and does not affect its development. According to the results of clinical tests, Tranexam reduces blood loss during vaginal delivery and cesarean section, reduces the need for blood transfusion.
Despite the fact that there is no verified information about an overdose of Tranexam, the use of the drug in excess of the rate indicated by the doctor may cause adverse reactions. The more the dose of Tranexam is exceeded, the more pronounced the negative effect will be. This is due to the fact that gradually accumulating in the body, the drug leads to intoxication.
When the first adverse reactions caused by overdose appear, you should immediately seek help from your doctor who prescribed the drug.
Tranexam. Instructions for use states that overdose can lead to diarrhea and vomiting.
If an overdose becomes severe (frequent vomiting and diarrhea begins), you should call a doctor as soon as possible. In the case when medical assistance is impossible, you need to rinse the stomach, and take the sorbent (enterosgel, activated carbon) according to weight.
Tranexam, as a potent drug, has limitations on its combination with certain drugs. Reception of Tranexam along with hemostatic medications, as well as hemocoagulase, affects the development of blood clots.
Injection preparation solution is incompatible with blood pressure boosting agents:
- Penicellin solutions,
- Dizoxyepinephrine hydrochloride,
- Metarmin bitartrate:
It is also not necessary to use Tranexam in ampoules with blood products and drugs that contribute to blood thinning.
Before the appointment of Tranexam, the attending therapist should prescribe a patient examination and give directions for testing. The most important of these is a blood test to determine the level of platelets and other elements. It will be useful to visit an ophthalmologist to study visual acuity and color perception. This will help in time to detect possible side effects of Tranexam.
The use of the drug in the treatment of children is little studied, so it is not recommended without good reasons to assign Tranexam to persons under the age of 12 years.
Ampoules with the drug must be opened carefully and monitor the condition of the liquid. If the solution is cloudy and forms a precipitate, it should not be used. Before administering Tranexam intravenously, it is diluted with sodium chloride.
The process of introducing the solution should be slow, in order to avoid negative reactions from the cardiovascular system. With the introduction of funds through the drip system, it is necessary to exclude the presence of air in it.
Terms of sale and storage
Tranexam is a prescription drug, so it is dispensed in pharmacies as prescribed by the attending physician. The drug is not recommended to be stored in rooms with high humidity. The air temperature at the place of storage should not exceed 25-30 ° C. Keep Tranexam is necessary in the area inaccessible to children.
Suitable for use means is 2-3 years. Tranexam in ampoules most likely becomes useless, especially when in contact with direct sunlight.
Analogs of tablets
Many patients, having received the prescription of a doctor at the reception of Tranexam and dissatisfied with its price, begin to look for such means. Tranexam can be replaced with other drugs that are its analogues.
- Aminocaproic acid,
- Stagemin solution,
All these drugs are united by one thing - indications for use in case of bleeding.
However, the presented agents differ from Tranexam in composition, dosage of the active substance, as well as in many nuances of administration in the case of various diseases.
Therefore, it is not necessary to prescribe drugs-analogues without the knowledge of the attending physician. The best option would be to discuss in advance the pricing policy, then the specialist will be able to choose the means that is suitable for the patient in a particular case, and assign him the appropriate dosage.
Tranexam tablets instructions
The main active ingredient in Tranexam tablets is tranexamic acid. It, due to its specific effect on the elements of the blood coagulation system, increases its viscosity and, making it thicker, complicates further leakage from the vessels.
How to take and dose
Usually one pill is enough 3-4 times a day, every 6-8 hours, from the day when it becomes clear that the menses are too abundant or are not typical. The course of admission does not exceed 8 days.
But the instructions indicate different dosages: sometimes you will need 2 tablets 3 times a day or you need to drink 4 pills at once, and then continue one at a time.
Only doctors can understand the adequacy and duration of treatment in each case.
After all, the cause of menstrual failure or heavy discharge can serve as a variety of violations:
- a tumor (myoma) or a polyp in the uterus,
- gynecological diseases, inflammation of the genital organs, endometriosis,
- the presence of an intrauterine device,
- lack of vitamin K,
- adolescence, when the reproductive system is not yet formed,
- the first after childbirth menstruation.
The doctor, before prescribing the drug, after weighing all the pros and cons, looks to see if it is advisable to use this remedy, if it can eliminate the cause of the pathology and will have a positive result for a particular situation.
Consult a doctor to find out how to take Tranexam tablets and in what dosage.
Instructions for use on Tranexam for menstruation and other pathologies indicate some contraindications:
- individual hypersensitivity to tranexamic acid,
- subarachnoid hemorrhage.
The use of Tranexam is prescribed with caution:
- with thrombosis or the risk of their occurrence,
- myocardial infarction,
- renal failure.
Appointment with heavy monthly
Appeal to the gynecologist in such situations is mandatory. If he considers your condition a pathology, then on the basis of the collected data he will recommend the necessary scheme of using Tranexam for menstruation: how to take it and in what doses to get rid of the illness.
Taking the drug during normal menstruation
There is no need to use Tranexam tablets during normal menstruation. You can reduce it to a couple of days, but it is not known how this will affect your health in the future and what will be the monthly after Tranexam in the next cycle.
Any interference with natural processes in the body can be dangerous and cause harm. It is impossible to predict the behavior of the coagulation system one month after the forced thickening of the blood in this cycle.
Some young ladies ask if the beginning of critical days can be postponed with this tool. Experts do not deny this possibility.
If you start taking Tranexam 1-2 days before the expected date, the beginning of menstruation is delayed by 3-4 days. But this is a dangerous event.
When the monthly come, anything can happen, up to treatment in the hospital. It all depends on the individual abilities of the reproductive system.
Tranexam for uterine bleeding
There are many reasons that can cause uterine bleeding in women. Often in the treatment using modern drug Tranexam - an effective tool that allows you to cope with the opened bleeding or heavy months in the shortest possible time.
Often, Tranexam is used to treat uterine bleeding. It is used in therapy to reduce and restore the volume of menstruation, to stop bleeding and reduce the risk of miscarriage against the background of blood discharge that has appeared.
Tranexam has a systemic and local hemostatic effect on the body.
The main active ingredient of this drug is tranexamic acid. It is able to influence fibrinolysin - a substance contained in the blood and preventing its collapse.
Pharmacological action of the drug on the human body:
- local and systemic hemostatic (hemostatic),
- antihistamine (antiallergic),
- analgesic (analgesic).
Features of bleeding and stop
The menstrual cycle is individual for each woman. Many have heavy monthly discharge and lose large amounts of blood. Menorrhagia is usually accompanied by pain, blood is excreted with clots. The duration of discharge ranges from 7 to 12 days.
The reasons for this phenomenon can be many from the characteristics of the organism and ending with serious violations of the menstrual cycle. To facilitate the flow of critical days, some women begin to take hemostatic tablets on their own. In this situation, prolonged, uncontrolled intake of drugs can greatly harm.
Uncontrolled abundant menstruation can lead to disastrous consequences. Unsolicited assistance threatens serious blood loss and the development of anemia. In addition, the reason may be the presence of a tumor, any delay is life threatening. It is only a specialist who can determine the cause of the impairment, select the drug required for treatment, give recommendations for admission.
Characteristics and properties of the drug
To eliminate uterine bleeding often the doctor prescribes the drug Tranexam. It is characterized as a systemic remedy, and also has a local effect. Medication is used to stop bleeding, stabilize menstruation, reduce the amount of discharge.
With the preventive purpose of the drug is used to reduce the risk of miscarriage in pregnant women with the appearance of bleeding.
Tranexam remedy for bleeding has proven itself. The main component is tranexamic acid. As it is known, an increased content of the fibrinolysin substance, which inhibits the blood coagulation process, leads to bleeding. Tranexamic acid transforms fibrinolysin into plasmin, thereby contributing to the cessation of bleeding.
Tranexam has the following pharmacological effects:
- hemostatic effect
- anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect,
- inhibits the growth of bacteria
- works as an antitumor agent
- has an antihistamine effect.
The pharmacy chain sells the drug in two forms: tablets and an injectable. The exposure time depends on the dosage form. The highest concentration of the active substance in the blood when using tablets is observed after three hours. Ampoule solution works faster, but its use without the appointment of a doctor is unacceptable.
When and how to take Tranexam? The drug can be used as an emergency aid for emergency conditions. And also as a remedy take Tranexam with heavy periods. The form of the drug, its dose, the frequency of administration depends on the amount of bleeding. The cause of this condition in a woman is important. This may be a hormonal disorder, gynecological disease or inflammatory process.
In any case, the thickened mucous of the uterus is bleeding, blood is released from the damaged vessels. Against this background, tranexamic acid somewhat thickens the discharge, slowing their leakage. You should not seek complete cessation of bleeding.
If the process of detachment of the endometrium during menstruation has begun, the discharge should completely come out.
In this regard, the regimen is prescribed by the doctor individually. Tranexam issued a prescription, it should be drunk, strictly adhering to the recommendations. Most often, no more than four tablets are prescribed during the day from the first day of menstruation. Sometimes according to indications, the doctor may prescribe 2-4 tablets at a time. Further, the dose is reduced to one per day.
Use the drug for no more than three menstrual cycles.
Tranexam can be used from the first weeks of pregnancy under the supervision of a physician. It is recommended to take the drug for aching pain in the abdomen. It is prescribed to women with threatened abortion, especially in cases of detachment of the ovum, which is often detected during an ultrasound examination.
The drug is used to stop nasal bleeding in cancer. As a prophylaxis, Tranexam injection can be given before surgery, as well as during the operation itself.
Didn't find the answer to your question?
Ask it to our visitors and experts.
All consultations are absolutely free.
© 2017. Site about the menstrual cycle
and his frustrations
All rights reserved
The information is given only for general information and can not be used for self-medication.
It is not necessary to self-medicate, it can be dangerous. Always consult a doctor.
In case of partial or complete copying of materials from the site, an active link to it is required.
Forms of release and composition of the drug
The drug has two forms of release: tablets and a solution for intravenous administration.
- active ingredient: tranexamic acid in the amount of 250 or 500 mg,
- auxiliary components:
- core: cellulose, giproloz, talc, silica, sodium carboxymethyl starch and calcium stearate,
- shell: titanium dioxide, talc, macrogol, hypromellose.
In the composition of the solution for injection in the amount of 1 liter:
- tranexamic acid in a volume of 50 g,
- excipient - distilled water up to 1 l.
The drug injections is always more effective pills, but you should not use it at its own discretion.
Uterine hemorrhages can be triggered by various conditions or pathologies. Conventionally, they are divided into 2 categories:
- The result of systematic violations in different organs or systems.
- Dysfunctions associated with changes in the organs of the sexual sphere.
The causes of such uterine bleeding a lot. Among them:
- Extragenital (not related to urogenital ailments):
- Liver diseases, such as cirrhosis and liver failure.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system, such as atherosclerosis, hypertension.
- typhoid fever.
- Functional reduction of the thyroid gland.
- Blood diseases:
- hemorrhagic vasculitis,
- low content in the body of vitamins C and K.
- Causes related to pregnancy on the basis of genital diseases:
- Pregnancy occurring with violations in the early stages:
- On late terms:
- scars on the uterus,
- placental abruption,
- destruction of cervical tissue,
- placenta previa.
- Generic causes:
- cervical tears,
- delay in the separation of the placenta,
- injuries of the birth canal and genital organs,
- low location of the placenta
- afterbirth defects.
- Postpartum pathology:
- weak uterus tone,
- delay of the afterbirth,
- Genital disorders not related to pregnancy:
- Bleeding in different age periods associated with pathologies in the functions of the hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary-adrenal system (depending on the presence or absence of ovulation, this is the so-called dysfunction):
- juvenile, related to the period of development of the genital organs and maturation (from 10 to 18 years),
- reproductive (puberty period),
- climacteric, directly dependent on menopause (after 45 years).
- Tumors on the internal genital organs, including fibroids.
- Breaks in the ovary or cysts on it.
- Injuries to the uterus.
- Inflammatory and infectious diseases of the reproductive organs:
- cervical erosion,
- vaginitis and vaginosis,
- Bleeding in different age periods associated with pathologies in the functions of the hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary-adrenal system (depending on the presence or absence of ovulation, this is the so-called dysfunction):
Such bleeding can be caused by an additional set of factors:
- chronic illnesses
- emotional and mental over-stimulation,
- prolonged stress
- physical overload
- mental injury
- endocrine diseases
- complications after childbirth or abortion.
In addition to the above indications, the basis for the appointment of Tranexam, at the discretion of the attending physician, may be allergic reactions, blood diseases and surgical interventions.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Tranexam is widely used in gynecology as a tool that can prevent the risk of miscarriage. It is prescribed by a doctor after a thorough examination of a pregnant woman, since in the presence of certain health problems, for example, in the case of thrombosis, the use of this drug is prohibited.
During lactation, medication is taken solely for health reasons, since Tranexam carries a potential risk for the child. At the same time at the time of treatment is recommended to abandon breastfeeding and transfer the baby to the mixture.
Possible side effects
When using Tranexam tablets, especially in violation of the prescribed dosage, the following side effects may occur:
- nausea and vomiting,
- unstable chair, possible diarrhea,
- itchy skin
- rash on the body,
- weakness of the whole body (lethargy),
- loss of appetite
- violation of color perception,
The solution for infusion (intravenous and intramuscular administration) can cause the following undesirable effects:
- allergy in the form of:
- dyspeptic reactions (impaired normal function of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, difficulty and / or painful digestion):
- pain in the chest area
- blurred vision
Appointment of "Tranexam" for uterine bleeding, with heavy menses
Do you have a heavy and painful menstruation or, even worse, is there a threat of miscarriage? In this case, the doctor may prescribe an effective tool "Tranexam." These are pills that act to stop bleeding.
Today we learn the opinions of patients about the drug "Tranexam" with heavy periods. Reviews of women who survived the threat of miscarriage, also consider. And of course, learn about the side effects and contraindications in the reception of this medication.
Positive feedback from pregnant women
Unfortunately, in recent times, cases of sudden termination of pregnancy. At various times, women risk losing their child. Bad ecology, constant stresses and worries, improper nutrition - all this and not only can lead to a miscarriage. Fortunately, this can be avoided with the drug "Tranexam."
Responses at uterine bleedings about this means generally positive. So, women rejoice in the effect: indeed, this medicine has helped them keep the pregnancy. After taking the pills, women quickly stopped uterine bleeding.
Pregnant girls believe that this is an emergency medicine that really helps with such bleeding.
Also, many women compare tablets "Tranexam", reviews of which are often found in numerous forums, with the means "Ditsinon", as well as with hemostatic injections. Pregnant women say that the injection is very painful.
Just a week after such injections, it is difficult for women to sit and lie down, because the pain is unbearable. But taking pills "Tranexam", they do not experience any discomfort.
Therefore, women most often ask doctors not to give them injections, and, if possible, prescribe a more gentle treatment. This is what therapy with the help of Tranexam is.
As for the drug "Ditsinon", which also has a hemostatic effect, many women write on the forums that this tool did not help them. Only the transition to a more effective drug "Tranexam" has done its job: uterine bleeding has passed, the pregnancy is preserved.
Women note that these pills act very quickly. Already on the second day, the red discharge acquires a beige color, and after 3-4 days it all goes away.
Negative feedback from pregnant women
Unfortunately, the drug "Tranexam" reviews with uterine bleeding has negative. True, these responses are very few, and leave their women, who themselves were the culprits of such situations when they had a miscarriage. Some girls accuse this medicine of its inefficiency, they say, it could not save their child.
However, as it soon turns out, women took this remedy at home, and not within the walls of the hospital. In this case, the girls even went to work with such a threat. This is fundamentally wrong. After all, as soon as a pregnant woman finds uterine bleeding in herself, she should immediately notify the gynecologist who is monitoring her.
A competent doctor, of course, must send such a patient to the hospital. If for some reason a woman refuses to go to the hospital, then the doctor in rare cases can prescribe home treatment. However, he warns that the girl must comply with bed rest. No trips to the store and especially to work should not be.
But in practice it turns out quite differently. Women believe that the drug "Tranexam", reviews of which reiterate its effectiveness, will be able to help them with uterine bleeding. But unfortunately, after some time she becomes pregnant, and soon she loses a child. But she should only blame herself. Since it was not necessary to go to work during treatment.
With such a diagnosis as uterine bleeding in pregnant women should be in the hospital. This is the perfect option. Or be treated at home, but strictly comply with bed rest.
Unfortunately, the drug "Tranexam" with abundant monthly reviews and has negative. However, they are connected not with the fact that the drug did not help to cope with a strong menstruation, but with a list of possible side effects. And indeed it is.
Some women note that after taking these pills, they started having problems with the stool (constipation), nausea, loss of appetite, and dizziness. However, the instructions do say that this tool can cause such undesirable effects.
In this case, you must stop taking the pills and report your condition to the doctor. The specialist will select another medicine that may not cause side effects. In general, in the case of heavy bleeding, you can and even need to take the drug "Tranexam" for menstruation.
Feedback from people confirms its effectiveness. Why suffer from pain and heavy bleeding if you can use such an effective remedy?
Despite the fact that the Tranexam tablets have mostly positive approvals and rarely when any of the women notes the drawbacks of the drug, it is still worth knowing what kind of undesirable effect it may have on the body. So, among the side effects can be:
- Reduction and even loss of appetite, nausea, heartburn, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Drowsiness, weakness, dizziness.
- Violation of light and vision.
- Chest pain, tachycardia.
- Skin rash, urticaria, itching.
Uterine bleeding - different in intensity and nature of the discharge of blood from the uterus. Very often, the pathological condition is regarded as ordinary menstruation.
Uterine bleeding threatens women's health
It is possible to think about bleeding from the uterus if the volume of blood released during menstruation is greater than 85 ml per day and the woman is forced to change the sanitary pad every 1-2 hours.
The signs of uterine bleeding are as follows:
- a large number of blood clots
- cramping abdominal pain,
- development of anemia,
- feeling of fatigue, weakness.
Uterine bleeding can occur due to diseases of the female genitalia, for example, with myoma, and also against the background of hormonal disorders. During the pathological course of pregnancy and in the postpartum period, blood loss in most cases represents a serious threat to the life of a woman and a child.
Indications for appointment
Purpose of the drug Tranexam is justified in the following cases:
- dysfunctional uterine bleeding in childbearing age,
- conditions after surgery for gynecological diseases,
- uterine bleeding during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period,
- bleeding from the uterus in menopause.
The composition of the drug and the form of release: tablets, injection
Tranexam is available in tablets and as a solution for injection.
1 tablet contains tranexamic acid in an amount of 250 mg or 500 mg. The composition also includes the following auxiliary components:
- microcrystalline cellulose,
- calcium stearate
- silica colloidal anhydrous,
- titanium dioxide,
- macrogol 6000.
1 ml solution for intravenous administration contains 50 mg of tranexamic acid. Ampoule can hold 5 or 10 ml. The solvent is water for injection.
Intravenous administration of Tranexam stops bleeding within a few minutes.
Appointment of drugs in different periods of a woman’s life has its own characteristics. So, during pregnancy and breastfeeding the use of many drugs is limited - they can harm the baby.
Bleeding during pregnancy can be stopped with Tranexam
During treatment with Tranexam, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Tranexam has the ability to penetrate into breast milk. Given the toxicity of the drug and possible side effects, it can be prescribed to a nursing mother only with an immediate threat to the life and health of the patient. At the time of treatment with Tranexam, breastfeeding is strongly recommended to stop.
Uterine postmenopausal bleeding can be a symptom of cancer of the female genital organs
In premenopause, the risk of dysfunctional uterine bleeding increases significantly. Perhaps the release of blood from the vagina in menopause and postmenopausal. Such symptoms require not just stopping the bleeding, but careful examination by a gynecologist. In menopause, the cause of uterine bleeding can be:
- development of benign and malignant tumors of the genital organs,
- hormonal disorders.
Tranexam with heavy monthly
Tranexam or tranexamic acid belongs to the group of hemostatic or hemostatic agents of general profile. This means that the mechanism of action of the drug is such that it stops the bleeding of almost any origin.
General information about the drug
This medicine belongs to the group of fibrinolysis inhibitors or blockers.
Speaking in clear language, Tranexam does not allow a blood clot formed on the site of the damaged vessel to dissolve. The positive effects of this drug are anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects. The drug is available in the form of a solution for intravenous fluids and tablets of 250 and 500 mg.
Indications for taking Tranexam:
- One of the main indications of Tranexamic acid is to increase local fibrinolysis or destruction of blood clots. Such states develop with any surgical interventions. These include manual separation of the afterbirth and postpartum hemorrhage, conditions after abortion and curettage of the uterus, bleeding after cauterization of the cervix, and extraction of teeth.
- Given the good anti-inflammatory effect of the drug, you can successfully prescribe it for bleeding due to inflammatory diseases. For example, bleeding or heavy periods with endometritis or salpingoophoritis are indications for prescribing Tranexam.
- Conditions involving a deficiency of blood coagulation factors, such as Willebrand disease, DIC, thrombocytopenia, leukemia. These "temporary" states of deficiency of coagulation factors include pregnancy.
What is better with heavy menstruation: Is Tranexam Dicine?
These two drugs have completely different mechanisms of action. Roughly speaking, Ditsinon is a “lighter” hemostatic drug. It can be used in emergency cases, when there is no possibility in the near future to see a doctor and be examined.
Considering that Ditsinon or Etamzilat can be purchased at a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription, many women buy it and take it on their own for a long time. In this case, patients ignore the visit to the gynecologist, which can lead to sad consequences, because the cause of heavy menstruation remains a mystery.
Alexandra Pechkovskaya, obstetrician-gynecologist, especially for Mirmam.pro
Tranexam - instructions and price
Drug group: A drug to stop bleeding.
Therapeutic effects of Tranexam:
- Blocking the dissolution of fibrin,
- Plasminogen activation blocking,
- Preventing the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin,
- Stopping bleeding caused by menorrhagia
- Stopping bleeding caused by platelet abnormalities
- Suppressing the formation of biologically active substances that cause inflammatory reactions,
- Blocking the formation of biologically active substances that cause hypersensitivity reactions,
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Anti-infective action
- Antiallergic action
- Antitumor effect.
- able to penetrate the placental barrier,
- able to penetrate the blood-brain barrier,
- evenly distributed throughout the body’s tissues
- reaches its maximum concentration three hours after its preparation,
- The therapeutic concentration of Tranexam in tissues is maintained for 17 hours.
- in the postoperative period,
- when manually removing the afterbirth,
- with malignant tumors of the pancreas,
- with leukemia,
- during pregnancy
- during surgery,
- in case of zorion detachment,
- with malignant prostate tumors,
- with hemophilia,
- with various liver diseases,
- stop uterine bleeding with local strengthening of fibrinolysin,
- preventing uterine bleeding,
- stop nasal bleeding with local strengthening of fibrinolysin
- prevention of nasal bleeding,
- stopping bleeding from the digestive system with local strengthening of fibrinolysin,
- prevention of bleeding from the digestive system,
- elimination of hematuria with local strengthening of fibrinolysin,
- prevention of hematuria,
- stopping bleeding after tooth extraction in patients suffering from hemorrhagic diathesis,
- prevention of bleeding in patients with hemorrhagic diathesis, antiallergic agent:
- with urticaria,
- in case of skin rash caused by various medications,
- with skin rashes caused by various toxins,
- for eczema,
- in allergic dermatitis,
- with stomatitis,
- with tonsillitis,
- with laryngitis,
- treatment of hereditary angioedema.
Tranexam tablet form:
- the drug at the place of strengthening of fibrinolysin: up to 1.5 grams of the drug up to four times a day,
- after tooth extraction: 25 milligrams of the drug per kilogram of weight up to four times a day for one week,
- drug after surgery on the cervix: 1.5 grams of the drug three times a day for two weeks,
- with repeated nosebleeds: one gram of the drug three times a day for one week,
- with profuse bleeding from the uterus: up to 1.5 grams of the drug up to four times a day for four days,
- with hereditary angioedema: up to 1.5 grams of the drug up to three times a day on an ongoing basis, or courses under the supervision of a specialist.
Tranexam in the form of a solution for injection:
- with a general increase in fibrinolysin: 15 milligrams per kilogram of body weight every eight hours at a rate of one milliliter of drug per minute,
- for prostatectomy: one gram of the drug during surgery, then one gram of the drug every eight hours for three days, after which they switch to taking the drug in the form of tablets,
- during surgery on the bladder: one gram of the drug during surgery, then one gram of the drug every eight hours for three days, after which they switch to taking the drug in the form of tablets,
- with local strengthening of fibrinolysin: up to 500 milligrams of the drug up to three times a day,
- before tooth extraction in patients suffering from blood clotting disorders: 10 milligrams for each kilogram of weight, then switching to a drug in the form of tablets (after removal).
Features of application: Tranexam in the form of solution for injection is administered by intravenous drip or jet method.